afternoon ethics debate: should we be allowed to

Options
THOT PILGRIM
THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
? /quarantine/chemically or physically castrate child molesters?

I mean, clearly they're defective and can taint society by abusing children. Many abusers were once abused. Would it be best to get rid of them?

Or nah?

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no... goin 2 jail and getting yo ass beat 4 20 or 30 years is good enough..
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crucify them. Make an example of em to deter future child molesters.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Crucify them. Make an example of em to deter future child molesters.

it wont... thats like saying the death penalty/life in jail will deter people from committing murder...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put them in asylums
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our justice system is too flawed to allow the implementation of permanent sanctions like death.
    You can't resurrect the falsely accused once their dead.

this too....
  • reapin505
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    2 sides to every coin

side 1. it's crazy how people claim to be so civilized but can so readily think of the most violent and despicable acts if given the opportunity....i feel like ? like that isn't just invoked because of the crime.....i feel like it was already there, and this is just an excuse to express the dark desire to inflict pain and punishment on other humans....

side 2. ? 'em.....burn them ? ..infact bring back public stonings

"
    Barbarism is the natural state of mankind," the borderer said, still staring somberly at the Cimmerian. "Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

I agree with the burning and public stonings though. Put them ? in a square and just watch them suffer for what they did
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If proven guilty, castration and let back into society is a great option for me

However, I really think those that were most affected by such said molestation should have the last say

if it's an infant, let the parent choose
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    2 sides to every coin

side 1. it's crazy how people claim to be so civilized but can so readily think of the most violent and despicable acts if given the opportunity....i feel like ? like that isn't just invoked because of the crime.....i feel like it was already there, and this is just an excuse to express the dark desire to inflict pain and punishment on other humans....

side 2. ? 'em.....burn them ? ..infact bring back public stonings

There is alot of truth to this.

I think they just need to be either killed (a simple hanging would suffice, no need for torture) or locked up forever. They are a threat to society.

However, all these punishments probably don't work, because if they did, we wouldn't need to do them. I think sick ? are going to be sick ? and sometimes there just isn't ? we can do after the fact, so once someone is convicted lock them up or ? them so they can't do it again.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give them the choice..castration or death.
  • reapin505
    edited January 2014
    Options
    If proven guilty, castration and let back into society is a great option for me

However, I really think those that were most affected by such said molestation should have the last say

if it's an infant, let the parent choose
    That's how the hood sound
    True that would make more sense I suppose to let the victim decide. The castration ? wont work for long because then they will just start to get malicious with it and murder the children after violating them. Though I suppose idiots like ? would join together and claim hate crimes or some stupid ? with half the suggestions we provided.

Frankly something along the line of just executing them all in one big event or something is more fitting in my mind.
  • Dupac
    Options
    i think once they get caught someone should unofficially arrange for the parents of the victim have access to the accused while they're cuffed....

and whatever happens...happens
  • ExtinctionEvent
    ExtinctionEvent Members Posts: 23
    Options
    Castration wont prevent them from molesting people, might as well ? them.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cut off their fingers.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think once they get caught someone should unofficially arrange for the parents of the victim have access to the accused while they're cuffed....

there's a episode of Sons of Anarchy that has a scene depicting just this scenario

• Kat
    Options
    Castration wont prevent them from molesting people, might as well ? them.

Castration would eliminate the sexual urge.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Put them in prison and have their sentence be someone got to reenact what they did to their victim
  • Dupac
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

there's a episode of Sons of Anarchy that has a scene depicting just this scenario

that's the show i keep saying i needa start watching....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our justice system is too flawed to allow the implementation of permanent sanctions like death.
    You can't resurrect the falsely accused once their dead.

This.
  • Kat
    Options
    Okay so I was wrong..who knew @amann was so knowlegeable in castration?

At first, a man who has been castrated will still have a sexual urge. Over time, however, because he's no longer producing testosterone, he'll lose much of his libido or sexual desire. Medications can readjust the chemicals in his blood and bring back some sexual desire. Studies have also been done that show with increased stimulation, a castrated man can actually get an ? , have sex, and orgasm (although ? which would be minimal in volume and not contain any sperm).

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad y'all ? ain't in charge of this kind of ? .
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Kat thats common sense. Not being able to use your sex organs doesnt ? the urge to actually have sex lol
  • Kat
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Kat thats common sense. Not being able to use your sex organs doesnt ? the urge to actually have sex lol

Stop posting to me..why you always gotta be talking ? ?

I admitted I was wrong.