IC Parents How Would You React If Your Child Was Beaten Unconscious At School

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
DISTRICT HEIGHTS, Md. -
A 7-year-old girl at Thomas Claggett Elementary School in District Heights, Md., was beaten unconscious by at least four classmates Tuesday morning.

It happened during recess in the school’s gymnasium.

The little girl’s parents say their daughter was taken by ambulance to Children's Hospital in D.C. She was diagnosed with a mild concussion.

Her mother, Phersephone Holland, says she can't believe it happened at school.

"That's my baby. I bring her to school and that's the least thing I expect is a phone call informing me that my daughter is unconscious,” she says.

Holland says she is wondering where all the adults were during the attack. So is the victim's father, Rodney Smyers. He says this isn't the first time his daughter has been bullied and hit at school.

"One incident, she came home, she had a split in her lip," he says.

"It's an ongoing problem,” he adds.

Smyers says he has spoken to officials about it and thought something was being done.

FOX 5 has learned during the attack on Tuesday, there were about 75 kids crammed into the gymnasium and only about five teachers supervising. None of the teachers apparently saw the incident.

Smyers and Holland are concerned about what not only seems to be a lack of supervision, but the fact that school officials haven't disciplined the boys involved or informed other parents of what happened.

"Notice needs to be sent out because next time it could be a little pocket knife or a gun to school,” says Holland.

She says her daughter will likely not be coming back to Claggett Elementary School. She says both she and Smyers believe their daughter’s life at the school is in danger.

"It's serious,” she says. “A child was unconscious today. It could have been worse than that. She could have died."

Prince George’s County Public Schools spokesperson Max Pugh says they are investigating and that a letter about the incident will be sent home to parents on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24570454/girl-7-beaten-unconscious-by-classmates-at-md-elementary-school#ixzz2rqBzgODk
Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, this would be a problem for me.

It might be a good thing to keep your children home for the rest of the week, if this were my kid.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? type of school is that
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still in school tho bruh
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See that first time when she came home with a split lip, I would have demanded all the parents of kids involved and I meet to discuss the situation. ? letting the school handle things on their own.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn she was only 7?

yea i would have a problem with that.

i would let my lawyer handle it.....but i doubt i wouldnt go crazy an be ready to fight the parents of the kids an few teachers, a NTA or two and beat a janitor cuz he work there.

i been working on my anger...but this would have me going back to zero
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    See that first time when she came home with a split lip, I would have demanded all the parents of kids involved and I meet to discuss the situation. ? letting the school handle things on their own.

If my son came home with a busted lip it black eye, I would be mad

I'll ask him what happen and see if it's something I need to get involved with.

Sometimes boys gotta handled their own problems.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

If my son came home with a busted lip it black eye, I would be mad

I'll ask him what happen and see if it's something I need to get involved with.

Sometimes boys gotta handled their own problems.

I get what you're saying, I've always told my son that he should walk away from a situation unless somebody puts your hands on him, then he should put his foot in the other kids ass. From my experience the bully's parents usually don't really know what's going on which is why I would demand the meeting so all parties involved are on the same page and they know from my mouth that I have no problem snatching someone's kid up for messing with mine.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Sue the school and then once the payout comes thru....

Let his 2 older brothers go up to the school with him and beat those lil ? ?

Cause obviously it would be wrong for me and his father to do that
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayo who deleted my post????
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sue, collect, then ride.

Someones kid getting knocked the ? out. rolling up with that spongebob mask real slow like. Then pow. im in the car, he on the ground wondering what the ? just happened.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I don't understand why so many parents try to go through the school for resolution whenever something like this happens.

The school is just going to be looking after it's best interests and try to cover everything up.

Better off treating it like the crime that it is and taking it directly to the police to file charges against all parties that can be held responsible.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The parents would have a demon to handle.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gon have to talk me outa smacking fire outa 7 year olds. Dont know if they can talk me outa fighting the parents though. Let a mafucka give me attitude on some ? they kids what you expect and theyd get stomped out viciously
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In knocking out all the kids parents...

So if your kid was involved...expect a knock at the door followed by the fist of Bruce Lee straight to the nose...I don't care if the mother or father answers the door...

Somebody got to feel my pain.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IC Parents How Would You React If Your Child Was Beaten Unconscious At School

the wrong way......
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll beef with the parents hard...on some 80s crip and blood level,they gonna be shook to come to PTA meetings and graduation ? with me

For the kids who did the ? !? Ahhhh I'm watching them...for ELEVEN ? YEARS, I'm watching. When they 18 ima kidnap all four of them plus three more randoms...tie them up in a abandoned building. Turn the tv on and a ? Jigsaw face is on(me) saying... "I'll like to play a game" Its about to go Down!

• THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so a group of little boys beat a little girl unconscious? wtf?
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a pretty level-headed dude. But this right her would cause a meltdown. Like Darx said, I'd sue the ? outta the school district for this ? . Then I'd go talk to each of the kids parents and dare them to say something slick so I could take out my frustration on them.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can 7 year olds deliver such a beating? Either way I would demand to meet the parents face to face.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a fine line cuz going to sleep can happen during any fight. It being my child ima be angry. But would we feel the same way if our kid was the one knocking folk out?