• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Orton has and will always be boring
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree
    Orton ain't been over since the spring, early summer. He occasionally gets reactions but for the most part nobody gives a ? about him.

He was literally the 4th most important person in all his feuds since winning the title. The challenger, HHH and Steph were all more important and usually more over.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Soemwhat Sorta Agree and Disagree
    Eh, I actually blame WWE creative. Orton's had some good matches lately, but his character to me just comes off as a ? .

He acts like he's scared to wrestle Batista, he acts like he's scared to wrestle DB, he act to wrestle Cena, etc. Not to mention stuff like how he got verbally and physically sonned by Cena & HHH back in Dec at the championship ascension ceremony which left him lying in the ring looking like a little ? as Raw went off the air.

They want fans to be connected more with Orton? Then turn him back into the kinda heel he was when he handcuffed HHH and DDT'ed Steph. Let him punt ? upside their heads again. I know heels are often made to be cowards, but they go overboard with Orton, imo.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need the Legend Killer gimmick back.

Would be dope to see Orton as the Legend Killer vs Sting.
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    Options
    One main reason fans just want db as champ period
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heel kicking was that ? man smh
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Eh, I actually blame WWE creative. Orton's had some good matches lately, but his character to me just comes off as a ? .

He acts like he's scared to wrestle Batista, he acts like he's scared to wrestle DB, he act to wrestle Cena, etc. Not to mention stuff like how he got verbally and physically sonned by Cena & HHH back in Dec at the championship ascension ceremony which left him lying in the ring looking like a little ? as Raw went off the air.

They want fans to be connected more with Orton? Then turn him back into the kinda heel he was when he handcuffed HHH and DDT'ed Steph. Let him punt ? upside their heads again. I know heels are often made to be cowards, but they go overboard with Orton, imo.

R.I.P. Orton when he was at one time my favorite @sobek
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIGtg9GY4t0
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk about everyone else but I never liked orton .
    Since his debut it's jus somethin about the guy. Like, as a wrestler and as a person , I jus dont like the guy .
    Kevin Nash may have did alotta bs in the biz but I would at least wanna kick it wit big cool.
    Randy orton can be run over by a gang of elephants and then eaten by a hippo and I could care less .
    Matter o fact ,
    He prolly would deserve it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah,
    That ? was the thing they sold him with when he first came out.

If Ur a deserter,
    Why the ? are u proudly wearing that ? ?

That don't make u edgy or an antihero.
    Your jus a ? yellowbelly
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree
    sobek wrote: »

Yeah..to some degree it's creative's fault. Not everybody can pull off cowardly heel. That ? takes talent.

Orton as a kick ass, arrogant heel would have been better but it doesn't fit the role hes playing. This particular character NEEDS to be weak but they also need to have a sense of entitlement or a grandiose sense of achievement even though he cheats and gets help.

I know everybody hated dude but this is a perfect role for Miz. Jericho or Christian would also be great in this role, you need to have more charisma to make this work. Orton couldn't have pulled this off even during the "legend killer" days.

All his cowardice seems forced and not natural. Beside Orton has been booked as a badass for the last 4-5 years and people loved it. He was really ? over back then, this is a 180 and it's not working.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    ted dibiase ? up...
    why they aint mentoring him?

Cuz he's fired.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ted dibiase ? up...
    why they aint mentoring him?

he never ? up, creative just had nothing for him

he was slowly starting to do a lil something with that dibiase posse ? on smackdown but i think he got hurt, if he had truly gotten over creative woulda put a stop to that ? anyway
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    i meant senior...
    why is he not mentoring these kids on how to be heels?

Randy Ortons problem is not how to play a heel, but the current role he's being given. He's just not a good "chicken" heel.

besides if anyone would mentoring its Jake the snake imo.

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Orton's better than your favorite current wrestler more than likely. 99.% of the time. And who cares if he deserted really?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats hilarious
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    We need the Legend Killer gimmick back.

Would be dope to see Orton as the Legend Killer vs Sting.

Just what I was bout to say, randy career took off as the legend killer.

since then he just lost the passion.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    orton from 03-04 before evolution turned on his was great, hell ,even the ? he did with cena in 07 was nice, but in 09, the ? he did with legacy was great, remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV2fk5ezYUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58FP2JV8XM
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    orton from 03-04 before evolution turned on his was great, hell ,even the ? he did with cena in 07 was nice, but in 09, the ? he did with legacy was great, remember this?

They need to go back to this with Orton but kind of tweak it with the cocky & arrogant heel version from his Evolution days.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Damn I wasn't even watching wrestling at this time stopped watching for about 3 years I just started getting back into it a year ago I missed some good ?

but Orton always been one of my favorites As boring as most people say he is on the mic he makes up for it with the charisma and story he can tell in the ring.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree
    I remember starting to watch wrestling again in 09 and it was Cena and Orton for the title ? was so boring, so I stopped watching. Fives years later their doing the same ? , ? Orton Batista and Cena.
  • Markus Garvey
    Markus Garvey Members Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He is boring, monotone, uses too many restholds, and his wrestling style is just like his personality.