Iran says warships sailing towards U.S...........But you still won't believe the prophets?

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people who try to manipulate words to fit their criticism believe in the fairytales of cavemen...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caveman equal white man the scriptures was not put down by cavemen but by other kinds of men.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Black people chilled in caves too. It's a fairly convenient habitat. We weren't there year round though. Just saying.

archaeology.about.com/cs/humanorigins/a/klasiesriver.htm
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Revelation completely contradicts the NT.

Jesus, himself, said not to be concerned w the future and not to look for signs.

You'd be surprised to know Revelation isn't real. It was created to put fear into people/the church.

The church never was a popular thing until they preached the whole "hell, fire and brimstone" shtick. (Apocalypse/rapture include)
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    unless you are reading the original gospels, the Bible as u have it was put together and manipulated by many palefaces, my brother...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Black people chilled in caves too. It's a fairly convenient habitat. We weren't there year round though. Just saying.

archaeology.about.com/cs/humanorigins/a/klasiesriver.htm

i don't put stock in the ramblings of cavemen regardless of their skin color...
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unless you are reading the original gospels, the Bible as u have it was put together and manipulated by many palefaces, my brother...

This
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Jesus, himself, said not to be concerned w the future and not to look for signs.

You'd be surprised to know Revelation isn't real. It was created to put fear into people/the church.

The church never was a popular thing until they preached the whole "hell, fire and brimstone" shtick. (Apocalypse/rapture include)

scriptures on this?
  • VIBE
    Options

scriptures on this?

"do not worry about tomorrow"
  • VIBE
    Options
    Matthew but I forget the chapter or verse
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The Old Testament is full of ? , ? , ? sex, killing, and other good ? . I'm hooked
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

if ur talking about Matthew 6...you took that all the way out of context lmao
  • VIBE
    Options

Word, I take it out of context.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

at least your honest....
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THIS ? GOT A SCRIPTURE FOR ERRYTHING BRAH . . . !
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

youre telling him he's taken somethin out of context from a book that none of its readers really understand. all you do is interpret the book then tell the next man what it was supposed to mean. that, my friend, is what we like to call a hypocrite.
  • VIBE
    Options

at least your honest....

Hell has been totally taken out of context, but no one seems to care.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yahweh sounds like a thug or a gangsta
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

youre telling him he's taken somethin out of context from a book that none of its readers really understand. all you do is interpret the book then tell the next man what it was supposed to mean. that, my friend, is what we like to call a hypocrite.

what scripture where we discussing? Do u know?

• Roster Player #99
    Options

typical.

like i said earlier, Im not gon argue scriptures with scriptures. I made my point.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

typical.

like i said earlier, Im not gon argue scriptures with scriptures. I made my point.

i didnt ask u to defend ur statements with scripture lol. I asked you what scripture me and vibe were discussing since u felt the need to quote me and call me a hypocrite for my statement. If u dont even know what scripture we were dicussing, how can u make the statenent u did? Lol
  • Roster Player #99
    Options

typical.

i didnt ask u to defend ur statements with scripture lol. I asked you what scripture me and vibe were discussing since u felt the need to quote me and call me a hypocrite for my statement. If u dont even know what scripture we were dicussing, how can u make the statenent u did? Lol

to answer your question dude. yes, i know what scripture he was trying to reference.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah, some of the things that are written are very clear
  • VIBE
    Options

typical.

He made a generalized statement about the bible being taken out of context when it was re-written all those times.

Like I said, "hell" was taken out of context. But no one is complaining.

I find it odd that the bible isn't so ? hard to read and decipher, it's fairly easy, but all you believers think your interpretations are locked down and nothing can change it. You act like it's this super coded message and it isn't. It's clear cut.

That passage tells people to not worry about what tomorrow holds, which is the future. It asks people to look at the now.

How I take it out of context is due to your belief it means something else.

Revelation is simply made up. Whether through hallucinations or a group of people deciding what they felt was going to happen.

The bible was never ment to be for other people to follow, only their own.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

typical.

to answer your question dude. yes, i know what scripture he was trying to reference.

ok good. Since u know the scripture he was referring to, do u believe in the co text of what was discussed in the chapter that what vibe interpreted from that one verse is what Jesus was implying?