WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Watchung Royal Rumble matches from 1990 to now (besides 1991, ? that).

90 Rumble more proof of how much a scumbag Hulk is.

I watched em all so far. Them early rumbles are weirdly booked because they come down to one thing...

"Hogan must pose"
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Undertaker's moveset 25 years ago was just choking people and no selling
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Throat chops, choking, tombstone
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Just watched No Way Out 2004 Lesnar vs Guerrero. Very underrated match. I think it's a 5 Star Classic.

Now watching KoTR Shane McMahon vs Kurt Angle.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Just finished 1996. Much better than the year before but the talent pool was still pretty dry. Was also weird to see weeks between most wrestlers showing up on TV, even if they were in active feuds.

Year of 1996 was all about the breakout of Steve Austin, the beginning of Bret's last big WWF run, start of the long ass Taker vs Mankind feud, and Shawn Michaels having good matches with everyone: Diesel, Vader, British Bulldog, Marty Jenetty, etc.

Other good matches:
    Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind at In Your House 10
    Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel at In Your House 7 was surprisingly good
    Shawn Michaels vs. 1-2-3 Kid at Raw 149
    Stone Cold vs. Savio Vega. Carribean Strap Match at IYH 8

Good feuds:
    Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, and ? Sid
    Taker and Mankind
    Stone Cold and Savio Vegaa
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Just finished the 1997 Rumble PPV. Every match was meh besides the main event. And there was some ? in the crowd whistling during a chunk of the event, which knocks this whole ? down at least 2 star ratings, real talk.

Goldust vs. Triple H: This was fresh off of Goldust's face turn, which happened when King asked Goldust on Raw if he was "? " and Goldust slapped him. I guess being not ? made you a fan favorite in 1997. Match never really got off of the ground. A lot of outside running around. Pedigree. End.

Ahmed vs. Nation of ? Farooq. Nice video package before the match. They didn't show any footage of Farooq's helmet from when he first debuted tho. They knew they ? that up. Ahmed is more wet than a newborn baby as usual too nh. Another match where not much happened. Ended in DQ. Was better than the first one though.

Undertaker vs. Vader next. Todd interviews some random fan during the entrances who's talking about how she babysat to afford tickets there wow who cares. Match is slightly better than the first two. Gets awkward during the end when Paul Bearer comes out. I feel like someone missed a spot or something. Bearer hits Taker with the urn, Vader bomb, match end. Vader and Paul Bearer leave as new boyfriends. Taker chokeslams the referee, who sells it like a mannequin. 2.2 stars.

Next match was a 6 man tag between a bunch of Mexican nobodies. Pretty sure this was an early answer to WCW's cruiserweight division. This ? was terrible. If you think the crowds today are dead, they don't have ? on this. You also start to notice that ? whistling again during this match. Anyway, one of the dudes botches his finisher (missed in completely).... but then drops a standard elbow and gets the pin. Negative 16 stars.

Rumble match starts out with Jailbird Crush and Ahmed Johnson. Farooq comes out and Ahmed eliminates himself to chase him down like a ? . Stone Cold comes out and starts whooping ass on Crush, Bart Gunn, etc. The clock or that countdown are noticeably broken during the first 7 entrances or so. Austin eliminates Jake the Snake and throws his snake out the ring onto him. LOL! Even though 1997 was still recovery mode, you could tell the WWF roster was shallow. A lot of wrestlers who already wrestled earlier as well as outside no name talent. Bleh. Bret tosses Austin out but the refs don't see it. He comes back in and eliminates Vader, Taker, and Bret. Crowd is heated! Was an OK Rumble, but still the best one in a few years.

Shawn Michaels vs. Sid for the title: Michaels comes out with his broken mirrors outfit and that ? is whistling AGAIN. And proving that they're doing it just to be annoying, they do it while Sid is coming out as well, the whole ? time. It would have been a fight if I was in that crowd. Match starts and dude is still whistling. I know he had to have been a Republican. Michaels took a backdrop to the outside that looked just like the one he took in the casket match that ended his career until 2003. The match was simple, but exciting. Ends with a referee knock down, Michaels hitting Sid with a camera (payback), and the Sweet Chin Music. When the match ends, we continue to hear the Whistle ? . Nothing exciting after the match, just Michaels celebrating with family, the crowd, the announcers. If you can tune out the whistle-? , it was a nice main event. I couldn't and got a headache. So 0 stars. And I ? you not, after the PPV recap, the last thing you hear when the picture fades out is ? whistling.

All in all, don't watch this. Which leads me to regretting typing all of this. ? whistling.
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now that football season is closing we should bring back ottb throwback night
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    The WWE Network has a section called Hidden Gems. In there is a match from 1982 Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling between Roddy Piper and Jack Brisco.

Now, if there ever was a must watch video on how to be a great heel, this is it.

Piper steals Brisco's championship belt. The commissioner or whatever comes out and says Piper must fight Brisco now, that Piper's demands have been met. Piper demanded 10G for the winner of the fight and refused to wrestle without the money.

Ricky Steamboat and Wahoo McDaniel come out and give the Piper the money. Calls him a coward for demands and stealing the belt.

The match gets underway and Piper hides a roll of pennys in his shorts and that's how he wins the belt and the money.

Piper is awesome as an heel. This is a must watch of you're a fan of Piper.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    2005 Royal Rumble

Watching the ending to Triple H vs Orton for the WHC. Rumble match about to begin
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Apparently it was a good match
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Lol whatever happened to Enzo
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lol Kurt Angle punking him for his number
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Wow JBL was super racist to Teddy Long
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Eddie Guerrero enters #1.

I wonder what happened to his cars
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Chris Benoit #2. I'm surprised he's not edited
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Damn shame both their demons got the best of these men
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Very technical start to the rumble with the crowd chanting Eddie
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Tough Enough Champion Daniel Puder is #3

I know what happens now. Sucks to be Puder
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Eddie and Chris now team up on Puder for being so cocky
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Oh those chops look hurtful
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    #4 ? Holly

"? likes nobody, but he hates rookies."

Sucks to be Puder
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Damn those chops
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I wonder if Puder watches this match
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    #5 Hurricane Helms

Puder is eliminated by Holly then Holly is eliminated by Benoit and Guerrero
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I liked the hurricane gimmick. It was cool