SMH Rick Ross cOOnin again... "Trayvon Martin, I’m never missing my target"

Options
GettinLo
GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2014 in The Reason
SMH this is one simple ass, ?
RickRoss_NoamGalai.jpeg

Rick Ross’ sixth album, ‘Mastermind,’ is not even in stores yet and already he’s causing controversy over its lyrical content. The Miami rapper is receiving backlash over the mention of Trayvon Martin on a song called ‘Blk & Wht.’

On the track, Rozay rhymes, “Forbes dot com / I’m the Teflon Don / Too close to a n—- as a motherf—king bomb / Trayvon Martin, I’m never missing my target / ? n—-s hating / Tell me it’s what I’m parking.”

In a statement sent exclusively to VIBE, Ross explains the controversial lyric. It reads:

"It’s so important that today, on the two-year anniversary of the death of Trayvon Martin, we never forget that tragedy. I’m never going to let the world forget that name. In my song ‘Black and White’ off ‘Mastermind’ I say, ‘Trayvon Martin, I’m never missing my target’. There I’m reminding people that if you’re a black person or a person of any color for that matter in this country, you have to be accurate, whatever moves you make, stay accurate. Even when you’re walking down the street, playing music from your car, you have to stay on point.

“Black men are being killed and their killers [are] beating the trial. It hasn’t been this much violence against black men since the ’60s. I am Trayvon Martin, we’re all Trayvon Martin. He was from South Florida. That could have been me or one of my homies. So, stay alert and never miss your target. Whatever that target may be. Getting out the hood, providing from your family. Stay sharp. Stay alive. Trayvon, Rest in Peace.”

This isn’t the first time Ross has gotten into trouble over his lyrics. Last year, the MMG rhymer was accused of advocating ? with his molly reference in Rocko‘s song ‘U.O.E.N.O.’ Following the brouhaha, Reebok ended their contract deal with Ross who has since apologized for the lyric.

http://theboombox.com/rick-ross-trayvon-martin-lyric-mastermind/?trackback=tsmclip

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Taking it the wrong context . He the same person that made I wonder why. And that new paradise lost song.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    Where's the Coonery?

Terrible line tho'

The cOOnery here is that:

1) he used Trayvon's name to garner attention for his next project (publicity from a National BLACK tragedy)
    2) his response or defense indicates that he believes that Trayvon wasn't "accurate" or "on point" thereby bringing his life to an abrupt end
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i stopped listening to rick ross years ago...
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't really see a problem. ? need to get his bars up.

He ain't the first ? to put trayvon in a rap. Ijs.

Y'all sounding like white lesbians out here.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    He's an idiot.

babylove tell him agin
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? always gonna nig, but I'll bump this in the whip though as long as the beat is bumpin.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ? ain't got ? else to rap about. His career will be on a decline soon
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them illuminati ? are the biggest ? .
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never expect Rick Ross to rap about anything intelligent or insightful so this doesn't surprise me, even if he tried to write about important social issues.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    He did the same ? on Usher's song with a George Zimmerman line "Looking like Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman on warning"...and nobody said ? ...no wonder he thought this one would slide by too
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope ass album though...

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ibdont think it was offensive
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trying to play people with that explanation is what makes it even worse.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope ass album though...

Ehhhhh

Listened to it on my way to work this morn .. Its decent but "dope" isn't a word I'd use to describe it