Survivor Season 28

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Survivor: Cagayan is the 28th season of Survivor.rs_560x365-140121124829-1024.survivor-season-28-cast-23-012114.jpg
Episode 1 http://movreel.com/9wkch20od9ef.html
Survivor: Cagayan, also known as Survivor: Cagayan — Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty, is the 28th season of the American CBS competitive reality television series Survivor. The season premiered on February 26, 2014 with the first two episodes screened back-to-back, and features eighteen new players divided into three tribes of six based on dominant attribute — athleticism, intelligence, and attractiveness.The cast includes former professional basketball player Cliff Robinson and baseball team Miami Marlins president David Samson.

This season features the return of a hidden immunity idol that can be used at Tribal Council after the votes have been read, which is how the idol was used in Survivor: Panama and Survivor: Cook Islands. The idol is planned to be hidden when the tribes merge.There will also be hidden immunity idols in play before the merge at each of the tribes' camps that traditionally must be played after the votes are cast but before they are read.

Comments

• pegcas
    pegcas Members Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks bossman!! You're the best!! :)
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Great first episode, I hope some of you are watching. I haven't been a fan of survivor for the past few seasons because they keep recycling old cast members instead of having an all new cast (big brother does that sometimes too and is ? me off). Also, the last few seasons have focused less on the survival aspect and showing how much the cast is suffering.

The brains tribe is a complete disaster. David was way too cocky and Garret had too much influence over the tribe. J'tia is an absolute disaster. I shouldn't be but I was embarrassed that a black girl had to screw up so bad. They had a huge lead in the second immunity challenge and she blew it. It was super funny to see her dump out the rice. Now she has to suffer too. I'm so curious to see how they will survive now.

Garret played one of the worst games I have ever seen on any reality competition. He wanted an "open forum" which was stupid. His game was awful. He revealed the fact that he had an alliance, picked battles with almost everybody and to top it off he didn't bring or use the immunity idol.

• pegcas
    Options
    I agree dreaded. I thoroughly enjoyed the double episode. The brains tribe was hilarious to watch. It proves that book smarts and high iqs don't mean much!!
  • TheBossman
    Options
    No redemption island this season, which I like.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    At first I thought J'tia was dumb as a stump and then I rewatched the episode and now I'm about 90% sure that production told her to dump the rice and told that frumpy white chick to keep her.

I don't think she's as dumb as she's coming off but I'm still not sure I'm comfortable with her being a nuclear engineer. When she was doing her puzzle struggle that ? was cringe-inducing.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ some people can't handle pressure. I think that's J'Tia's problem. I would say she won't last long but she might end up winning as lucky as she is. Overall, I like most of the people...with the exception of the guy cop.
  • pegcas
    Options
    This season of survivor is hilarious thanks to the brain tribe!!!
  • TheBossman
    Options
    I wanna smash Morgan....
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    The way LJ found that idol just randomly in the middle of the ocean seemed mad suspicious.
  • pegcas
    Options
    Not really. He said he saw Morgan in that area when they reached camp the first day.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Oh i missed that part. Ok that makes it a little less shady.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    The way LJ found that idol just randomly in the middle of the ocean seemed mad suspicious.
    No, I agree with this, it's been shady for a couple seasons now. The producers want the idol in play early for strategy reasons, it adds a new dimension to the game.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    Options

True, but he did see Morgan over there. She's probably been back there too but it didn't make it to the tv footage.

Also, we don't know how long he was looking. That could have been a whole day search just cut up from a bunch of footage by the producers.

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i didnt know clifford robinson was on it this year

i gotta catch up my dvr getting full
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    I couldn't be on this show. J'Tia would make me crazy.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    I couldn't be on this show. J'Tia would make me crazy.

that flag ? was brutal to watch. i would have probably clubbed her over the head on some lord of the flies ? if i was there.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    Yeah, it was so bad that I'm thinking she either acts incompetent on purpose or was ? and put on the brains team as some twisted tv trick.

I want the ? cop gone. Dude dropped one seed that split up the whole team.
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Yeah, it was so bad that I'm thinking she either acts incompetent on purpose or was ? and put on the brains team as some twisted tv trick.

i still think she's a plant or at least takes cues directly from production.

those two cops represent nearly everything that is wrong with cop culture.

sidenote: i kinda wish they would go back to straight-up starving these people and keeping them ? and depressed like in the older seasons. now they just have one episode when they focus on how they're hungry. they used to have ? eating rats and hunting for boars and ? . I remember on the south african one they were straight eating pelicans.
  • dreadedbwoy661
    Options

i still think she's a plant or at least takes cues directly from production.

those two cops represent nearly everything that is wrong with cop culture.

sidenote: i kinda wish they would go back to straight-up starving these people and keeping them ? and depressed like in the older seasons. now they just have one episode when they focus on how they're hungry. they used to have ? eating rats and hunting for boars and ? . I remember on the south african one they were straight eating pelicans.

Agreed 100%. It's not as fun to watch because the show isn't even really showing the whole "survival" aspect. The first 2 seasons were awesome. Richard Hatch with the fishing, season 2 with the boar.

The Brain tribe has pretty much no rice, yet why are we not hearing about how they are starving? Why isn't it apparent that they have no energy?

• dreadedbwoy661
    Options
    I'm glad J'tia is gone. It would have been ? for the Brain tribe to kick Spencer out. I feel like this show like many is just reinforcing negative black stereotypes with the casting. Both with J'tia and the other black girl. She can't just be a nuclear engineer, she has to be shown that she is completely incompetent.

I'm glad Cliff still has it. I was worry he was going to airball each shot and embarrass himself.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    The lady cop is kind of like now older whites view cops. She thinks he's honest and there to do the right thing. I don't fault her for anything but being naive. That other guy...he's definitely what's wrong with cops. He's intimidated by Cliff (read: somebody who's physically bigger and more powerful within the group) and immediately started plotting, hating and lying. This ? is nothing new. Oh btw, I hate police.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if j'tia was a plant. During the first ep, Spencer pointed out what most other people were probably thinking when he said he's disturbed that she's a nuclear engineer. This chick literally couldn't be trusted with laying a flag on a flat surface....That already had the flag on it!

I'm new to the series so I can't speak on the past seasons. The amazing race was more my speed....
  • SneakDZA
    edited March 2014
    Options
    if you look at this interview: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/Ak1PXoAXPre8gyArh4ZhwW__M4LGNtlm/survivor-live-j-tia-taylor/

J'tia actually explains what was going on in her head and behind the scenes - it kinda makes her make more sense.

Plus I have a weird thing for Parvati.
  • suzyscrew
    Options
    ^ The video confirms that she's one of those basket case types who can't handle pressure. I definitely wouldn't want to go to war with her on my side.

Your girl Parvati is real cute. Especially right here:

parvati-shallow-2011-mlb-new-york-mets-los-yHLieY.jpg

and here:parvati.jpg
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could tell by the look of him that white cop got picked on in school and thats why he went on to become a police officer and got all swoll up

a dude in a police uniform could get laid three out of five working days if he made even the slightest effort --- many women love the uniform and all that comes with it --- when a guy becomes a cop he has access to females that would normally never give him the time of day and as a result an even bigger head

let me stop im veering off topic but this dude is outta control i hope that merge ? his situation all the way up

unfortunately everything that comes with being a cop has prepared him for a game like survivor

i see him going very far unless that other cop chick smartens up
  • dreadedbwoy661
    Options
    I'm ? that Cliff is gone but saw it coming. I can't wait until that skinny yoga teacher from Boston is voted out.

I think Jefra is going to fly under the radar all the way to the final 5.

I can't wait until Tony is gone. I think he will get caught in a lie by someone and get voted out.