GDP Growth: 4.1%
Deficit GDP: 3.3%
Consumer Confidence: 78.1%

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Interesting stuff, assuming the numbers are real (they're not, unemployment is definitely higher), why do you think most Americans are greatly disappointed with Obama? Just curious. In either case I give Obama some credit for the above.

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The official unemployment is 6.7% but it doesn't take into account people who are dropping out of the work force altogether if that's what you're getting at. I believe it also stops counting you if you're unemployed after a certain period of time.

Either way I think it's ridiculous to assume that any president can just wave his hand a create private sector jobs. That's not how our free market system works and last I heard, any bill that could create jobs would have to pass both houses of congress before it could get to the presidents desk.

The economy is hurting because of failures in our economic system that were in place long before Obama or Bush were in office. All any president can do with the help of congress is try to patch this flawed system but congress won't allow that to happen because they want Obama to fail. Either way it doesn't really matter who's in office because the same puppet masters will continue running the show and no presidential or congressional candidate promising any kind of change will ever really have the power to change anything. We're just voting for the best liar.

Think about it. We continue to make this supposed progress towards equality by electing a black president but our rights as minorities are still constantly under attack, these privately owned prisons are still packed with minorities and we still continue to be the target of the pretend war on drugs that's done nothing but destroy our communities. No president could stop that and anybody in a position of influence who's ever stepped out of line has been shot dead.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Funny how you mention the govt and prisons House, Obama and the feds still like locking people up for medical marijuana, even though its legal in many states. The economy would improve faster if Obama and his ? idiots in the federal govt would stop being ? heads and let loose on medical marijuana........another reason why I can't stand Obama right now

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/03/robert-duncan-marijuana_n_4877072.html

The indictment wasn’t until the following year. I was charged with the manufacturing of marijuana. I’ve been trying to keep quiet through that and not upset the feds and try to keep a low profile because I was the third name listed in the indictment, so there was the owner, the director, and then me of least importance -- I wasn’t even an owner, didn’t have any stake in the company, didn’t have any ownership of anything. My whole strategy all along has been to try and be as compliant as possible and benefit from all the big bucks that the owners of the company were spending on attorneys. I spent about $30,000 in legal fees.

I took a plea deal. My plea bargain was written in such a way that I could negotiate down to just probation with the judge. So early on, I was kind of led to believe that was a realistic possibility. But as the case progressed and I learned how conservative the judge and the prosecutor were, that seemed less and less likely.

I didn’t find out until shortly before the actual sentencing that I would have to go to jail. The prosecutor recommended 24 to 30 months, and I was sentenced to two years in December. I guess I got the lower end of the sentence.

The owner of the company, [Matt] Davies, has two young children and he got five years. The other co-defendant got three and a half and is having to sell his house. Now that all three of us are sentenced, the case is pretty much closed.

It boils down to the feds wanting to make an example out of us. There’s no rhyme or reason, no formulas, like the feds saying you have too many patients or you have too many profit dollars. And actually, we really weren’t making that much money because we were just reinvesting into the company. And I didn’t see any of that anyways. I just had a modest salary. President Obama saying that marijuana is like a vice similar to alcohol, maybe there’s a bigger strategy there and he’s trying to ramp up for a bigger policy change. But the snapshot of right now -- it couldn’t be a more insulting slap in the face.

--? OBAMA, he's a corporate shill of the highest order. He doesn't give a ? about anyone except protecting the interests of rich corporations and keeping the status quo. He's a ? MADE ? of the highest order and I dare anyone to prove me wrong.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flake.jpg

This just in from Republican Congressmember Jeff Flake: "MEH...STILL BLACK"
  • onthafly
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Funny how you mention the govt and prisons House, Obama and the feds still like locking people up for medical marijuana, even though its legal in many states. The economy would improve faster if Obama and his ? idiots in the federal govt would stop being ? heads and let loose on medical marijuana........another reason why I can't stand Obama right now

The indictment wasn’t until the following year. I was charged with the manufacturing of marijuana. I’ve been trying to keep quiet through that and not upset the feds and try to keep a low profile because I was the third name listed in the indictment, so there was the owner, the director, and then me of least importance -- I wasn’t even an owner, didn’t have any stake in the company, didn’t have any ownership of anything. My whole strategy all along has been to try and be as compliant as possible and benefit from all the big bucks that the owners of the company were spending on attorneys. I spent about $30,000 in legal fees.

I took a plea deal. My plea bargain was written in such a way that I could negotiate down to just probation with the judge. So early on, I was kind of led to believe that was a realistic possibility. But as the case progressed and I learned how conservative the judge and the prosecutor were, that seemed less and less likely.

I didn’t find out until shortly before the actual sentencing that I would have to go to jail. The prosecutor recommended 24 to 30 months, and I was sentenced to two years in December. I guess I got the lower end of the sentence.

The owner of the company, [Matt] Davies, has two young children and he got five years. The other co-defendant got three and a half and is having to sell his house. Now that all three of us are sentenced, the case is pretty much closed.

It boils down to the feds wanting to make an example out of us. There’s no rhyme or reason, no formulas, like the feds saying you have too many patients or you have too many profit dollars. And actually, we really weren’t making that much money because we were just reinvesting into the company. And I didn’t see any of that anyways. I just had a modest salary. President Obama saying that marijuana is like a vice similar to alcohol, maybe there’s a bigger strategy there and he’s trying to ramp up for a bigger policy change. But the snapshot of right now -- it couldn’t be a more insulting slap in the face.

--? OBAMA, he's a corporate shill of the highest order. He doesn't give a ? about anyone except protecting the interests of rich corporations and keeping the status quo. He's a ? MADE ? of the highest order and I dare anyone to prove me wrong.

The justice department supposedly said that they wouldn't pursue marijuana users in states that have legalized marijuana recently but at the end of the day you're right. Obama is a corporate shill much like any other president. They could have taken that same stance back in 2011 and they're still not doing much outside of providing lip service to curve the blatant racial discrimination in our legal system. The only issue I have with the whole thing is that people actually expected something different. Anybody who's ever tried to bring about real change and open the people's eyes to the truth has been killed.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »

The justice department supposedly said that they wouldn't pursue marijuana users in states that have legalized marijuana recently but at the end of the day you're right. Obama is a corporate shill much like any other president. They could have taken that same stance back in 2011 and they're still not doing much outside of providing lip service to curve the blatant racial discrimination in our legal system. The only issue I have with the whole thing is that people actually expected something different. Anybody who's ever tried to bring about real change and open the people's eyes to the truth has been killed.

I hear ya but the problem is Obama ran on HOPE AND CHANGE. I therefore expected him to be a leader with ? , not a hairy ? . If he was gonna be this big a coward on so many important issues, then he shouldn't have ran on hope and change. If he ran on "status quo plus more ? rights", I probably wouldn't dislike him as much as I do now, same with most Americans who share my feelings on Obama. We wanted a leader who would genuinely FIGHT to change things, you know, the same fight he shows on ? rights and marriage. That same fight disappears when it comes to other things his base cares about. If it's because he's afraid of being assassinated, then he shouldn't have run for prez to begin with. Martin Luther King Jr and Malcolm X weren't afraid to die for their beliefs, THOSE are leaders I can and always will respect. They were heroes and soldiers to the end.
  • onthafly
    Options
    Yeah I don't blame you for the way you feel. I'm just not as surprise. Politicians are politicians and supposedly all of the presidents come from the same bloodline, even Obama. The whole half black thing was just to fool you into thinking he was from the outside.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Look, I don't have a problem with the guy. The country is slightly better than it was after Bush got the ? out. AND they got Bin Laden on his watch. If anything, the dude gets cool points for that.

However.....

This dude has been praised by black people for seemingly mediocre ? . Naw. I'm not with that. His admin has had their ? -ups (Obamacare, takin over the student loan industry, losing game after game of chicken with the GOP/Tea Party, setting up Ghadafi like that) and it's costed the country big.

Plus, he's gone back on some ? (Guantanamo, not ending the Bush tax cuts) that REALLY had people like "yo, he's just a puppet, just like the rest of them."

He's a puppet. A charismatic, very intelligent, and highly likeable puppet, but still a puppet nonetheless.

All in all, I give Obeezie a C+/B-. Good, not great.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those numbers mean jackshit when the economy is STILL in the ? . can't front on reality. ? OBAMA!
  • YC11
    YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't matter who the president is, all puppets for tv
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Those numbers mean jackshit when the economy is STILL in the ? . can't front on reality. ? OBAMA!
    you might not be doing as well...but numbers don't lie....President Obama has this country moving in the right direction economically despite all the road blocks along the way courtesy of your Republican Party...
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Obama's approval ratings still at George W Bush levels........

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304250204579433533118580224?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304250204579433533118580224.html

President Barack Obama is struggling to overcome widespread pessimism about the economy and deep frustration with Washington, notching the lowest job-approval ratings of his presidency in a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll.

The results suggest Mr. Obama could weigh on fellow Democrats in midterm elections this fall, particularly in the conservative states that will play a large role in deciding whether his party retains its Senate majority.
    View Graphics

Mr. Obama's job approval ticked down to 41% in March from 43% in January, marking a new low. Some 54% disapproved of the job he is doing, matching a previous high from December, when the botched rollout of his signature health law played prominently in the news. The latest survey also showed the lowest-ever approval in Journal/NBC polling for Mr. Obama's handling of foreign policy.

In particular, Mr. Obama's support is softening among blacks, Hispanics and women.

--Why are Obama's approval ratings so damn low Soulman?
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2014
    Options
    you might not be doing as well...but numbers don't lie....President Obama has this country moving in the right direction economically despite all the road blocks along the way courtesy of your Republican Party...

I can't front I've been doing better then ever in this economy but most people aren't. The cost of living continues to get higher and higher and Obama has no new ideas on helping to improve the economy. While people try to create new jobs with medical or even recreation marijuana, Obama continues cracking down on medical marijuana dispensaries around the nation. He also continues to allow the Federal Reserve to print monopoly money non stop as inflation increases. How the hell are people supposed to retire when cost of living is rising faster then peoples' SS or paychecks?

Why the ? should I be impressed by what you mentioned?
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How you say that with a straight face is beyond me. Ain't ? "moving in the right direction" ? please
  • onthafly
    Options
    Yeah I'm not impressed by the jobs numbers when a lot of those jobs are minimum wage jobs. Not to mention a large part of the unemployment rate goin down is due to people droppin out of the work force. I'm still not too convinced that any president really has any effect over private sector employment rates anyway. I'm doin better because I self studied and developed skills that make me in-demand in the current job market. No president can take credit for that.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not impressed by the jobs numbers when a lot of those jobs are minimum wage jobs. Not to mention a large part of the unemployment rate goin down is due to people droppin out of the work force. I'm still not too convinced that any president really has any effect over private sector employment rates anyway. I'm doin better because I self studied and developed skills that make me in-demand in the current job market. No president can take credit for that.

I'm in the same boat, I'm very in demand as a paralegal with vast experience and a college degree but for those who aren't as fortunate as us (most), the economy is one big horror show.

I do think though that Obama, if he loosened his restrictions on medical marijuana and tells the DOJ to not ? down on medical marijuana, the economy would be much better then it is now. It's one of the best ideas to improve the economy right now.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame the baby boomers