That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leads me to believes its underpowered, since Nintendo don't sell their consoles at a loss. Not to my knowledge any way.

Hopefully its got enough juice for AAAs and Nintendo is bankin' on mad sales

It's not about it being underpowered. Is about the technology now being cheaper. Time flies but you guys forget this tech was cutting edge 5 years back thus more expensive to mass produce. Now it's just the current standard. For this same reason Sony and Microsoft are also selling their platforms at sub $300.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Also Wii U sold at a loss in the beginning but it eventually turned a good enough profit at that point for them to stick with it for another 2 years.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    Super Mario Run, December 15 on iOS. Priced at $10, free trial available.

Still no Android announcements?

No, not yet.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eurogamer, dudes who dropped the hybrid rumour, say the Switch is gettin' an updated version of Pokémon Sun and Moon. Available at launch.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah they call it Pokemon stars, with several exclusive pokemon for the switch and a upgraded graphics...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Nintendo are pullin' out all the stops.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    Nintendo is so full of ? . They need to stop with the horseshit.

wa'am @northside7

The NES classic edition. You make the announcement in July and you know damn well that people are going buy that in droves yet you only release 5-10 units per store smdh. They did the same ? with the wii.

It's like this company needs to take a major hit and go deep in a hole to learn. Stop ? with the old gamers that made you what you are today and the new gamers that want that old school ? .

Hopefully I will be able to get one on amazon when they release it at 5pm est.

Because they want to make NES classic a novelty. This means down the road old games they port they can sell for the same price as new games. Their going point will be, you can pay $200 for Contra at a vintage gaming store or $70 from Nintendo and it comes with special features. They know the market for old games isn't cheap and people are buying because of Nostalgia. I see exactly where they're going with it. Doesn't make sense to drop the NES and then the Switch in mass production to compete with each other. Make limited supplies of one, gauge how it sells and what the after market boosts the price to online and strategize the next release. They ain't slick.

I won't be surprised if the samething happens with the switch system.

Fake shortage. I truly hope they fail.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Nintendo is so full of ? . They need to stop with the horseshit.

wa'am @northside7

The NES classic edition. You make the announcement in July and you know damn well that people are going buy that in droves yet you only release 5-10 units per store smdh. They did the same ? with the wii.

It's like this company needs to take a major hit and go deep in a hole to learn. Stop ? with the old gamers that made you what you are today and the new gamers that want that old school ? .

Hopefully I will be able to get one on amazon when they release it at 5pm est.

Because they want to make NES classic a novelty. This means down the road old games they port they can sell for the same price as new games. Their going point will be, you can pay $200 for Contra at a vintage gaming store or $70 from Nintendo and it comes with special features. They know the market for old games isn't cheap and people are buying because of Nostalgia. I see exactly where they're going with it. Doesn't make sense to drop the NES and then the Switch in mass production to compete with each other. Make limited supplies of one, gauge how it sells and what the after market boosts the price to online and strategize the next release. They ain't slick.

I won't be surprised if the samething happens with the switch system.

Fake shortage. I truly hope they fail.

Ey come on man @northside7
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Lmao at northside bringing his arsenal bitterness in here, come on fam, dont hate the hustle
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nintendo has been ? with me since 96. 20 years of fuckery when it comes to the console. Had an NES and a few Gameboys'. Always wanted a SNES but never got one.

Nintendo is ? with my childhood. If you think I'm bitter now I'll be even more bitter if they did this with the snes.

? em, I hope they fail smdh.
  • Karl.
    Options
  • Broddie
    Options
    Xenoblade Chronicles X, Lego City Undercover and Bayonetta ports all expected within the first year for Nintendo Switch.

As someone who wanted a Wii U for those games among others I say "Good. Goooood!"
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Xenoblade Chronicles X, Lego City Undercover and Bayonetta ports all expected within the first year for Nintendo Switch.

As someone who wanted a Wii U for those games among others I say "Good. Goooood!"

What about Twilight Princess and Windwaker?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've got the Wind Water on U. If they're gonna release them again, it should be both Wii Zelda's plus Wind Waker bundled together.
  • Broddie
    Options

What about Twilight Princess and Windwaker?

No rumors on that. Yet. Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8 and Smash ports are also definites. Platinum working on a game for the switch from the ground up but it's for 2018. There will be a new 3D Mario platformer on day one though.
  • Broddie
    Options
    https://youtu.be/H9j-MHzwEQ8

If they put even a fragment of the care they put into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter this could be mindblowing.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/H9j-MHzwEQ8

If they put even a fragment of the care they put into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter this could be mindblowing.

Surprised it took this long to do something like this. Hell Mario could have his own theme park of they wanted to.
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Yeah first day cop, gave me that N64 Zelda magical feeling haha.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any news on when they will be restocking the NES classic??
  • Broddie
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Nothing except "Good luck finding one before Christmas".
  • Karl.
    Options
    Super Mario Run in 9 days.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Latest rumours.

Darksouls Souls 3 to the Switch. A current gen game, they said they have it runnin' on the Switch at a level they're happy with

Nintendo fixin' their virtual console ? Gamecube games will be included.

I'd probably never play the any new Smash if Melee was online
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Also, if my understandin' is correct, the dock will over clock the Switch when plugged in. A lil fan in the dock will cool it. The dock itself won't increase the performance of the device, and are bein' designed to be cheap so Nintendo can sell docks alone
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Nothing except "Good luck finding one before Christmas".

I know it's an marketing ploy, which is ? up.