Batman vs. Captain America

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on with the Plot Induced Stupidity (PIS) arguments. That doesn't change what happened, and you can just as easily make that same argument about Deathstroke beating the JLS.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    lets not forget Bane wore out Bats before fighting and breaking Batman's back

CS, batman fought multiple villains before Bane, he was already old and tired. Bane capitalized off that but batman has whooped his ass multiple times. Batman has also beat killer croc and taken out the League of Assassins.

Caps strength does not equate to him beating Bats. Bats is a trained assassin.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Daredevil has taken out the Hand and actually became the leader for a while. That's as analogous a feat as you can get in these kind of discussions and it didn't stop Cap from whooping his ass.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman
    Black Panther is Marvel's Batman and has taken out Cap in the past. Both of them are pretty much damn near equal because of Black Panther being a master tactician and high level genius. He's also embarrassed Wolverine in the past just by out-skilling him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuEVSbcokVQ

So basically if Black Panther and Cap are a close match with Cap having super strength, Batman is up there too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Black Panther is like Batman in characterization, but Black Panther has superhuman abilities just like Cap, so physically he'd be above Batman too.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

Except they do. Cap has done nothing to exceed Batman's "punching through bazooka proof glass" or "kicking a guy through a missile proof door" thing. Cap has never shown to be faster than Batman in any way either. Batman and Cap have similar stats when you look at what they've done, not the flawed way you look at them and their "character concepts". Batman is very superhuman, just like Cap.

Deathstroke hitting Flash, dodging Starfire's blasts, easily beating people who are physically superior to him and giving it to high tiers has A LOT to do with how he'll handle Cap. It shows how fast he is, how good he is at what he does, the arsenal he has at his disposal. Also you're forgetting that his healing factor and durability are leagues above Caps.

Deathstroke has 5-10 ton feats, Cap stays closer to 2 like Batman does.

So, my way of looking at things which is basically to take what is stated about and established for the character is "flawed," but you're way of basing everything on a couple high level feats is right? Ok, I don't know how long you've been reading comics, but I'm sure you know that feats go up and down like roller coasters. In one comic a character can be chucking cars like ninja stars, and in another comic that same character can be struggling to lift an enemy that barely ways a ton. That's how it goes. Unless you've got Batman performing some feats and have proof that Cap couldn't do the same easier, you're not definitively proving anything.

Just look at Batman's rogue gallery. Hardly any of them have super powers. Hell, Bane is probably one of his strongest enemies. He's just a roided up human and he damn near killed Batman. Pretty much everyone Cap fights, is superhuman.

As for Deathstroke, everything you're saying in favor of him can be said for Cap. Cap has school pretty much all the Avengers at some point or the other. So again, your example of how well he does against JL members is meaningless. Hell, forget the Avengers. Cap has gone into the Cosmic arena and been revered for his prowess. When you have the respect of members of alien races that were space faring while humans were still trying to figure out fire, you're doing something right.

Cap has schooled Thor? I mean I've seen him beat Hulk (complete PIS), Iron Man was also PIS, and Spidey didn't fight back, never seen him even take Luke Cage, and he's worse than Wolverine and they've made that prety clear. Difference is Deathstroke stomps most street levels period. And his JL/Teen Titan feats are consistent and happen nearly every time.

As for Bats, punching bazooka proof doors and missile proof doors are mid-high level at best. his real high levels are PIS and don't make sense. Bane is strong AND a great fighter which is why he's a good villain. Same reason Cap has problems with Red Skull and other street levelers.

But mainly, Bats has 1 ton+ strength feats (that Cap can match, but doesn't tend to exceed) and they both have similar speed feats. They're nearly identical.

What street level characters does Cap have problems with? Red Skull is also superhuman. Batman doesn't have any feats that suggest he can lift 1 ton nor has he shown anything to suggest he's on par with Cap physically.
  • jaxn
    Options
    lets not forget Bane wore out Bats before fighting and breaking Batman's back

CS, batman fought multiple villains before Bane, he was already old and tired. Bane capitalized off that but batman has whooped his ass multiple times. Batman has also beat killer croc and taken out the League of Assassins.

Caps strength does not equate to him beating Bats. Bats is a trained assassin.

And Cap isn't? It's not just about his strength and speed and physical stats that trumps Batman..he's also a better fighter than Batman. Cap's rogue's gallery consists of mostly superhuman villians..He would beat the brakes off of Killer Croc or Bane.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Black Panther is Marvel's Batman and has taken out Cap in the past. Both of them are pretty much damn near equal because of Black Panther being a master tactician and high level genius. He's also embarrassed Wolverine in the past just by out-skilling him.

So basically if Black Panther and Cap are a close match with Cap having super strength, Batman is up there too.

Actually Black Panther is also >>> Batman. BP and Cap are both superhuman characters. I don't see why this is hard to accept. Cap has the super soldier serum coarsing through his veins while, BP (the former BP, since BP is even more powerful now), ate the heart shape herb to gain his physical stats. They aren't just regular human beings like Batman.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain America
    Lol @ deathstroke constantly beating flash...? please!
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain America
    Panther, Logan, Deathstroke, Cap are all above Batman...they all have strength reflex over Batman, they fight just as well, give or take. Cap has much much much better feats than Batman. If Batman met cap in an alley he would not leave that alley.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain America
    i'm going with cap batman doesn't do well against augmented super soldiers as we've seen in that batman vs deathstroke fight. although batman put up a good fight against him. a few panels after that fight batman had slade shook up a little even though he won the fight.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Captain America

good i'm glad panther whooped wolverines ass! that's for kissing storm. stay away from my Ororo, Logan!
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Captain America
    these vs threads are cool why didn't spike TV's deadliest warrior do a super hero episode that would've been cool.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

Except they do. Cap has done nothing to exceed Batman's "punching through bazooka proof glass" or "kicking a guy through a missile proof door" thing. Cap has never shown to be faster than Batman in any way either. Batman and Cap have similar stats when you look at what they've done, not the flawed way you look at them and their "character concepts". Batman is very superhuman, just like Cap.

Deathstroke hitting Flash, dodging Starfire's blasts, easily beating people who are physically superior to him and giving it to high tiers has A LOT to do with how he'll handle Cap. It shows how fast he is, how good he is at what he does, the arsenal he has at his disposal. Also you're forgetting that his healing factor and durability are leagues above Caps.

So, my way of looking at things which is basically to take what is stated about and established for the character is "flawed," but you're way of basing everything on a couple high level feats is right? Ok, I don't know how long you've been reading comics, but I'm sure you know that feats go up and down like roller coasters. In one comic a character can be chucking cars like ninja stars, and in another comic that same character can be struggling to lift an enemy that barely ways a ton. That's how it goes. Unless you've got Batman performing some feats and have proof that Cap couldn't do the same easier, you're not definitively proving anything.

Just look at Batman's rogue gallery. Hardly any of them have super powers. Hell, Bane is probably one of his strongest enemies. He's just a roided up human and he damn near killed Batman. Pretty much everyone Cap fights, is superhuman.

As for Deathstroke, everything you're saying in favor of him can be said for Cap. Cap has school pretty much all the Avengers at some point or the other. So again, your example of how well he does against JL members is meaningless. Hell, forget the Avengers. Cap has gone into the Cosmic arena and been revered for his prowess. When you have the respect of members of alien races that were space faring while humans were still trying to figure out fire, you're doing something right.

Cap has schooled Thor? I mean I've seen him beat Hulk (complete PIS), Iron Man was also PIS, and Spidey didn't fight back, never seen him even take Luke Cage, and he's worse than Wolverine and they've made that prety clear. Difference is Deathstroke stomps most street levels period. And his JL/Teen Titan feats are consistent and happen nearly every time.

As for Bats, punching bazooka proof doors and missile proof doors are mid-high level at best. his real high levels are PIS and don't make sense. Bane is strong AND a great fighter which is why he's a good villain. Same reason Cap has problems with Red Skull and other street levelers.

But mainly, Bats has 1 ton+ strength feats (that Cap can match, but doesn't tend to exceed) and they both have similar speed feats. They're nearly identical.

What street level characters does Cap have problems with
    ? Red Skull is also superhuman. Batman doesn't have any feats that suggest he can lift 1 ton nor has he shown anything to suggest he's on par with Cap physically.

Red Skull (street level is street level), Wolverine, Black Panther, Deadpool, Hawkeye. That's who I got right now. Probably more.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap's strength and overall physical ability surpasses Batman. Cap is also a damn good tactician in his own right thanks to his years of military service, but he's not as shrewd as Batman. I disagree with anyone saying Caps hand to hand is on par with Batman though.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Captain America

? Red Skull is also superhuman. Batman doesn't have any feats that suggest he can lift 1 ton nor has he shown anything to suggest he's on par with Cap physically.

Red Skull (street level is street level), Wolverine, Black Panther, Deadpool, Hawkeye. That's who I got right now. Probably more.

I thought the Red Skull had cloned Cap's body? And since he now has Xavier's brain, he's anything but street level.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options

I thought the Red Skull had cloned Cap's body? And since he now has Xavier's brain, he's anything but street level.

And no one's talking about Xavier brain Red Skull. regular Red Skull. The one that's given Caps problems for years. And...you realize that Cap himself is street level right? So someone with his body is STILL street level.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Captain America
    My bad for not knowing WTF u were talking about, Bro. Use specifics then next time.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap would win he would last longer than Bats
  • jaxn
    Options

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not really telling me everyone in the street level category are the same are you? Red Skull, Wolverine, BP and Deadpool are all superhuman characters and are all >>>> Batman physically. Hawkeye has never in his history given Cap problems. This is just a flat out lie. Cap trained Hawkeye to become the leader and fighter that he is today.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about. You're not really telling me everyone in the street level category are the same are you? Red Skull, Wolverine, BP and Deadpool are all superhuman characters and are all >>>> Batman physically. Hawkeye has never in his history given Cap problems. This is just a flat out lie. Cap trained Hawkeye to become the leader and fighter that he is today.

Bruh, you literally said "what street level characters does Cap have problems with" and I named them. Hawkeye has flat out beaten Cap before. Yeah Cap trained him, but Hawkeye still won that one fight. If Cap can lose to Hawkeye, he can lose to Batman. And he has.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bruh, you literally said "what street level characters does Cap have problems with" and I named them. Hawkeye has flat out beaten Cap before. Yeah Cap trained him, but Hawkeye still won that one fight. If Cap can lose to Hawkeye, he can lose to Batman. And he has.

The problem is that the list given are all people who are above Batman and would most likely whoop his ass.

And I think you need to add some context to the Cap/Hawkeye fight because saying "This character beat him so this character can automatically beat him too doesn't work." For instance, if Hawkeye used some info he knew about Cap due to them being teammates to pull of the win, that wouldn't apply to Batman.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options

The problem is that the list given are all people who are above Batman and would most likely whoop his ass.

And I think you need to add some context to the Cap/Hawkeye fight because saying "This character beat him so this character can automatically beat him too doesn't work." For instance, if Hawkeye used some info he knew about Cap due to them being teammates to pull of the win, that wouldn't apply to Batman.

Hawkeye used some SLIGHT knowledge at best cause Cap was using the plasma shield. But the point was that someone on Hawkeye's level was able to take it to Cap. Batman's above Hawkeye's physical level and the arrows Hakweye uses are like a tame version of Batman's utility belt.

As for the street levelers, you tried to act like Cap was above Street Level and he's not. Simple as that. Yeah Batman struggles with Bane, but so would Cap without the Shield. Bats also beats people stronger than him like Croc and Man-Bat.

So I still maintain that they're even.

BTW Hawkeye vs. Cap fight I'm referring too:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947951-vscap.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947952-vscap2.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947953-vscap3.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947954-vscap4.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947955-vscap5.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947956-vscap6.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947957-vscap7.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139138/2947958-vscap8.jpg

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't know. That's some pretty weak evidence right there. Can Cap be beaten by someone on Hawkeye or Batman's level. Yes, under the right conditions anyone can be beaten by anyone. However, I hardly think a fight where Cap spent more time trying to dissuade Clint than actually seriously fight him is a good indicator of how Batman would fare.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Captain America
    Cap vs Hawkeye would end like this:

captain%2Bamerica%2Bhawkeye.jpg