Options
    I hope they make a ? Of War movie.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw this last night - it was good. 98 minute run time was pretty nice for a change actually, getting tired of these long as drawn out movies. Movie got to the point, had an original theme/message and delivered solid action and story.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw the movie for free in 3d last week. It was OK. Not great and not terrible.
    For a 2 hour film, it was felt very rushed. Little attention to detail was paid regarding pacing and character development. And the trailors are a complete send off. This movie was basically 300 without the blood, violence, charm, and mythical elements.

I also didn't care for The Rock's ultimately unenthusiastic performance. I don't see this getting a sequel.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't want to see this. Well atleast pay to see it
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah and the 3d was ?
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    well, I liked this movie. guess I'll hold off on spoilers for now. But I appreciated that it accomplished exactly what it set out to do. Could've used more blood and ? .. but then again, what wouldn't?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    folks still pay for 3D.. L if you do
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it. It was ok.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    went in with extremely low expectations and walked out pleasantly suprised
    film had an interesting take on the Hercules mythology I hadnt seen before

• txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it, if u walk in there expecting some sort of in depth character development or anything like that you gonna be disappointed. But it's good for what it is, a summer action flick with some pretty good fight scenes.
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? should've been called Hercules aka The Scorpion King cuz its the EXACT same movie. I'm sick I paid to see that ? .
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MonyM.Max wrote: »
    ? should've been called Hercules aka The Scorpion King cuz its the EXACT same movie. I'm sick I paid to see that ? .

Word?
    But those are two different characters
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hercules minus mythology minus magic minus monsters plus superhuman but not ? -like strength = this movie

aka some ?

Couldn't even give a ? centaurs....never been so disappointed to see a man on a horse

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I can't front, they dropped the ball with this. Definitely not what I expected. Especially with all the hype that was leading up to it.

Decent flick but ehh.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    walked in this movie after seeing Guardians and seen Hercules fighting some green ? alongside some C and D list actors and dipped.....? looked poo cheese
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited August 2014
    Options
    this movie was a mega-flop. I liked it but audiences were not checking for a realistic depiction of Hercules, mad folks left the theatre upset there wasn't any sorcery and Medusa and ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this movie was a mega-flop. I liked it but audiences were not checking for a realistic depiction of Hercules, mad folks left the theatre upset there wasn't any sorcery and Medusa and ?

Realistic depiction of Hercules ?
    He aint lie, thats exactly what it was
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, it's Hercules in "reality", no mythical ? ?

FOH...

Disney's animated Hercules >>
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited August 2014
    Options
    they went for a Dark Knight vibe in this film.. all the mythical ? they showed in the trailer are pseudo-flashbacks told through storytelling by the kid that is like his PR manager. the theme of the movie is along the lines of is he/is he not the son of Zues.. they do some misdirection where fantastical ? turns out to be people in masks using trickery to scare folk ect. so basically the trailer lied to you
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options

Realistic depiction of Hercules ?
    He aint lie, thats exactly what it was

i saw a three headed Hydra in the trailer , so that really happened ? oh cmon
    The 12 labors in this film are a myth. Its just a story told to build on "his legend" to scare his opponents before battle. It never happened. They also play on the "he's the son of Zeus" to again, add onto "his legend"
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Ratner directed this ? .....smh enough said
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp, ? this movie
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched this earlier, i managed to keep myself awake roughly about 7 times during the first half, just found it boring.

second half however i kind of grew to enjoy it, for a ratner film it was surprisingly restrained.the trailer for this movie was actually a deviously smart way of getting people to the cinema (by selling it entirely on the trials) even if it was a ? representation of the actual film.but that didn't really bother me, there's better adaptations of the mythology for sure but i'll give them some credit for trying something different with this.

Ian McShane should have had more screen time in this.trying to predict his manner of death before every battle and ? .