Options
2»

Comments

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was ? hilarious too....

http://youtu.be/VQ440xOiyho

man this scene bout to have me re-watch this ? ..
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    American ? is a comedy. You people never heard of black comedy before? and no I don't mean movies like Friday or House Party.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    American ? is a comedy. You people never heard of black comedy before? and no I don't mean movies like Friday or House Party.

yeah they said it earlier in the thread....i didnt know they meant for it to be a "black comedy" simply because of how its listed....on netflix its under "crime thriller", so i went into it expecting a serious slasher movie....but ended up with my side hurtin

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    When he changed his mind about killing that ? dude was hilarious.

Can somebody answer this cause I read two different perspectives on imdb, did he really ? all those people? One person said it was all in his mind thee other said he did its just people didn't notice cause they were so self absorbed and that everybody was pretty much the same they couldn't tell the difference between bateman and davis....I think it's the 2nd one

I really think it was all in his head....bcuz when he started confessing at the end to his "lawyer" he just blew him off like he was crazy....so i really dont think he killed anyone.

he really had me laughing tho when the one girl tried to run away and he throws the chainsaw down the stairwell at her...lol

Yes Patrick Bateman killed those ppl,but he is an unreliable narrator so he may distort facts

He really did ? Paul Allen,that's why that detective was asking him about the disappearance of Paul Allen

What happened was that a theme of American ? is the fact that all those Wallstreet guys looked alike and were clones

Paul Allen really did die, but somebody said they saw him in England, but it was because Bateman left a phony voice mail about going to London

But really what happened was they saw another dude who wasn't Paul Allen and thought it was him because everybody looked the same

Later a guy named Halberstram is blamed for Paul Allen's disappearance and he leaves the US.bateman had been mistaken for Halberstram earlier in the movie.Paul Allen's diary said he was going to dinner w/ Halberstram,but he had mistaken Halberstram for Bateman,because everybody's a clone.he really was going to dinner w/ bateman and Bateman did ? him

Patrick may have been bugging out w/ the shoving a cat in an ATM and imagining conversations but he killed those ppl for real

The other theme of the movie is that ppl were so caught up in the High life they didn't even notice or really care that Bateman is murdering ppl and Paul Allen's land lady just wants to sale that apt. they probably cleaned yp the body and just don't care.

At the end his own lawyer mistakes him for another guy named Davis.

The lawyer says he saw Paul Allen in London 10 days ago,but he's mistaken Paul for another guy from Wallstreet

The director said this

"One thing I think is a failure on my part is people keep coming out of the film thinking that its all a dream, and I never intended that. All I wanted was to be ambiguous in the way that the book was. I think it's a failure of mine in the final scene because I just got the emphasis wrong. I should have left it more open ended. It makes it look like it was all in his head, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not"

Bateman really killed ppl

I already summarized everything in this post minus a few examples but yet loch still managed to receive over 5 GOAT reactions while I have none, it's just......not.........fair

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4561440/american-? -o.gif[/img]

That's bone. And the lettering is something called Silian Rail.
  • loch121
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    This video to my song Spaz Out is loosely based on American ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWF0DkfI2zk

ay this ? tight tho folk....i ? wit it

@Hafbayked I really appreciate that.Just out here grinding.Peep my mixtape and other videos
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only watched it the one time and it caught me off guard i was expecting a horror, this thread has got me ready to watch it tonight.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    from cracked.com
    Christian Bale Used Tom Cruise's Vapid Eyes as Inspiration for Patrick Bateman in American ?
    If you ever want to genuinely question your sanity, watch the entirety of American ? at 2 a.m. while standing in front of your TV, naked. No sitting or even putting on socks -- just stand there like a somewhat disturbing Michelangelo statue for an hour and 46 minutes. That's what I did sometime last year. I walked by the TV after a shower, glanced over at the movie, and before I knew it, credits were rolling.
    During that worrisome viewing session in which I assure you no murder-? were popped, I noticed how creepy Christian Bale's eyes were. I will neither confirm nor deny creepy eye-related ? . Bale plays a 1980s Wall Street yuppie who, in his off time, is a brutal serial killer who works very hard on crafting a human-like persona to mask his insanity. It's basically an adaptation of his off-screen persona during the filming of the Dark Knight trilogy.
    For Bale, finding the Patrick Bateman within him meant venturing into the darkest, vilest pits of human pain and suffering: Tom Cruise's eyes. Bale and the director of American ? , Mary Harron, discussed "how Martian-like Patrick Bateman was," and how he was always "watching what people did and trying to work out the right way to behave." Eventually, Bale found exactly that while watching David Letterman when Tom Cruise happened to be the guest. A strange thing Bale noticed about Tom Cruise was his "intense friendliness" that had "nothing behind the eyes." Which is the nice way of saying, "Look at that creepy ? . That guy is a ? corpse factory, I just know it. A perfect model for my serial killer character."
    With that fortuitous viewing of a Letterman interview, Christian Bale had a real example he could use to create one of the craziest characters in film. That means Christian Bale had the same experience watching Tom Cruise pretend to be human as I did watching Christian Bale pretend he was pretending to be human. Was Christian Bale also naked at the time? ? it, for the sake of my sanity, I really hope so.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-bizarre-inspirations-behind-famous-movie-scenes/
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

yeah they said it earlier in the thread....i didnt know they meant for it to be a "black comedy" simply because of how its listed....on netflix its under "crime thriller", so i went into it expecting a serious slasher movie....but ended up with my side hurtin

It's weird that it's classified as a thriller since it's based on a satirical novel that basically deconstructs the entire 80's yuppie scene.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching this right now and the scene with him smashing the two prostitutes has me dead lmao dude just checking himself out.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude was jealous as hell when old boy had that tight ass business card, lol! He obsessed over the weirdest ? .

I hadn't watched the clips posted, so I may be referencing something already mentioned.
  • Wu-Tang
    Wu-Tang Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Options
    Love this movie. This was my avi for a minute

bateman-pop-art1.jpg
    This picture makes me question if it was all in his head or not even more. Dude was ? OCD on washing his face and he got blood on it and was walking around with blood on him without freaking out. Then I think if he was really OCD then wouldn't he freakout by getting a drop of blood on his skin?
  • loch121
    Options
    Wu-Tang wrote: »
    Love this movie. This was my avi for a minute

bateman-pop-art1.jpg
    This picture makes me question if it was all in his head or not even more. Dude was ? OCD on washing his face and he got blood on it and was walking around with blood on him without freaking out. Then I think if he was really OCD then wouldn't he freakout by getting a drop of blood on his skin?

They never said he had OCD

Yes the murders were all real

Just at end he started being an unreliable narrator

The book writer and film maker say the murders were real