Food Stamps: Swallow your pride and survive

Options
twatgetta
twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
How many of you dirtbags ever been on Food Stamps? chances are you have been and your mama didn't tell you for embarrassment...if you haven't been on Food Stamps then good for you, Bigot.

whos-getting-food-stamps.jpg

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got on food stamps when I was unemployed for a year, it was definitely a great help.

That said, I would never want to have to do that again. Dealing with government workers is the absolute worst.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always "made too much money" for food stamps.
  • Kat
    Options
    I had to jump through hoops to get on food stamps and I had a kid..can't imagine what you have to do as a single male.

Any single males that have been on FS?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    I had to jump through hoops to get on food stamps and I had a kid..can't imagine what you have to do as a single male.

It used to be the come-up for men in college. By the time me and my boy had decided to do it, Michigan changed their FS laws so that single males were pretty much kicked off. My uncles lived off that ? back inna day though.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

Men can't get on food stamps. but crackheads used to give em to me for a lil bump. I ate good off them thangs for a while.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I used to buy stamps from this disabled dope fiend

Wonder what ever happed to him

you aint ?
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

$100 for $250 worth of stamps

Wonder what ever happed to him ....

thought this thread was bout a ? who got stamps for sale...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Why can't men get food stamps?

Can single women get food stamps?
  • Kat
    Options
    kai wrote: »
    the way y'all view social works programs in this country is really disturbing. worried about some poor people getting food stamps but have no issue with all the tax breaks for the already insanely rich, gtfoh

I think people just choose to overlook the facts regarding social programs. It's easier to believe that we have a bunch of single mother welfare queens abusing the system, instead of addressing the issues that are driving everyday people and families to the welfare office.

What blows my minds is the percentage of poor white trash that backs these tax breaks for the rich. Why, why, WHY would you ever be a Republican when you're dirt poor??

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    here if you work 20 hours a week while going to school full time you can get food stamps. i don't need it but i'll be damn if i ain't thought about it.
  • Kat
    Options

Men can get on food stamps.

The requirements for a single person with no dependents are much stricter though.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I'm tryna get on food stamps now
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can get em but I would get much so it's not worth the hassle. ? I see chicks with kids go thru for that ? ? Naw I'm good.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    tryna get a job tho first :(
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last time when i tried to sign up for food stamps some ? were fighting in the office and broke through the door as soon as i was about to open it.

Door almost knocked me the ? out. Luckily i got reflex's like a ? cheetah.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $145 a month. I'd be on a dollar store diet without it.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried to get stamps when I was in college and they told me I made to much money. There's a cut off limit for single women without kids that's much lower than woman with children, I was working a part-time job paying about $6.25 an hour.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

$100 for $250 worth of stamps

Wonder what ever happed to him ....

Same thing here but they used to sit at the door and follow you around now cause of the card.

I dont do it now. No real reason.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most people on food stamps are white. something like 80+% of black people live in the south. Just look at the food stamp breakdown by state and you can easily see that it's white people benefiting the most from that social service. Yet they complain about black people that use it
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got on good stamps little over a year ago. ? was GOAT cause my job started like a week or two later. For 6 months food was plentiful. I sponsored cookouts and birthdays if need be. Money for good to burn.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options