A 4 minute clip that puts ETERNITY into perspective....take a look

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reality is....some are gonna take heed....and some aren't..

Its sad when you understand this and realize that some of those who dont understand this concept also includes those people that you love....

But you will stand alone at judgment day. So its best to get yourself right first and foremost, and then try to get others who are receptive oh board. Shalom bro.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Gods intention was for humans to live eternal life on earth…..that is one of the reasons we do not accept death or want to die.

So it is hard for people to understand, grasp, or believe that there is something better than life on earth.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eternal life would be boring. Think outside the box people damn. Would you really want to live eternal life on earth? People would go insane after the first few hundred years!
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    eternal life would be boring. Think outside the box people damn. Would you really want to live eternal life on earth? People would go insane after the first few hundred years!

I'm tryna live forever so ? what you talking about
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Reality is....some are gonna take heed....and some aren't..

Its sad when you understand this and realize that some of those who dont understand this concept also includes those people that you love....

But you will stand alone at judgment day. So its best to get yourself right first and foremost, and then try to get others who are receptive oh board. Shalom bro.

Amen my brother. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    MzKB wrote: »
    Gods intention was for humans to live eternal life on earth…..that is one of the reasons we do not accept death or want to die.

So it is hard for people to understand, grasp, or believe that there is something better than life on earth.

Amen. And ? will bring His original plan to pass in the near future when He makes all things new!

It takes spiritual eyes, which are only activated by faith, to see the unseen realities of life. Without them we are blind to the truth because we are still held captive by the lies of the enemy. Amen.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people would of never believed in ? if they weren't brough to North or South America. White man win again
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

1. Eternal life in this present world would be boring and evil! That is why ? cut access to the tree of life off once Adam and Eve fell in the Garden.

2. But the eternal life that we speak about is that which is to come! It will be in a new world, in a new kingdom, with the King of kings visibly seated on the throne. Nothing will hurt, harm, or destroy in all of His dominion which includes the heavens and the earth.

3. ? will be seen face to face in this new world and He will make General Headquarters planet earth!

4. ? will open up the new heavens and the new earth for all the saints of ? to rule, explore, and take delight in forever and ever. No evil will exist, no death will ever occur, and no hate will be found anywhere in the age to come!

5. But even this brief description pales MIGHTILY in describing the reality that is to come! Because no eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has ever conceived of the things that ? has prepared for those that love Him! Hallelujah!

6. Your invited to take part in this kingdom through faith in Jesus Christ! Are you willing to be woken up from the dead and given new life in Him today?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Black people would of never believed in ? if they weren't brough to North or South America. White man win again

Huh? So we gonna pull this ignorant card out AGAIN?

1. You need a history lesson my friend. The first non-Jewish convert to Christianity was an Ethiopian! How many white Ethiopians have you seen?

2. The greatest minds of the early church all came from Africa.

3. You ever heard of the Queen of Sheba? She lived almost a 1,000 years before Christ. Her witness to the glory of ? was brought back to Africa as well.

Stop being so ignorant by always playing the whitey card. Scust at the foolishness, for real.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No such thing as eternity.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Francis Chan is a GOAT expository teacher. Along with John Piper and David Jeremiah....good post @DoUwant2go2Heaven?‌
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sad as ? ya don´t understand eternity.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The spirit world and the physical world are different, but they intertwine here this universe. We are spiritual beings in that we believe in a higher power, gravitate to non physical things (music, philosophy, etc). But the physical side of us tends to overtake our spirit because we fear pain, death, boredom and anything that threatens our physical being. We don't know too much of the spirit world, because it's not talked about often. But death is certain in this existence, we see it everyday. That concept alone should have put things in perspective a long time ago for some of us, but we still live in confusion, killing ourselves and each other for things that aren't gonna matter years from now. The US dollar is deteriorating, natural resources are being depleted, kingdoms and governments collapse, culture changes... everything gets replaced in this world. But the fact that we exist never does. We are just energy channeled via these bodies. Of course, realizing this would drive some people to suicide and worse. That's why it's on us to make the decisions to live to the best of OUR abilites, and not by religions that help create these problems that leave us confused in the first place.

And to those who don't think eternity exists, where do you think the word comes from? Something that doesn't exist can't be spoken, dreamt or even thought about, especially a complex concept such as something that goes on forever.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    The spirit world and the physical world are different, but they intertwine here this universe. We are spiritual beings in that we believe in a higher power, gravitate to non physical things (music, philosophy, etc). But the physical side of us tends to overtake our spirit because we fear pain, death, boredom and anything that threatens our physical being. We don't know too much of the spirit world, because it's not talked about often. But death is certain in this existence, we see it everyday. That concept alone should have put things in perspective a long time ago for some of us, but we still live in confusion, killing ourselves and each other for things that aren't gonna matter years from now. The US dollar is deteriorating, natural resources are being depleted, kingdoms and governments collapse, culture changes... everything gets replaced in this world. But the fact that we exist never does. We are just energy channeled via these bodies. Of course, realizing this would drive some people to suicide and worse. That's why it's on us to make the decisions to live to the best of OUR abilites, and not by religions that help create these problems that leave us confused in the first place.

And to those who don't think eternity exists, where do you think the word comes from? Something that doesn't exist can't be spoken, dreamt or even thought about, especially a complex concept such as something that goes on forever.

There have been so many words, and so many Gods, and so many heavens and hells, and different afterlifes, so many religions. How can yours be any better than anyone else's? Neither have proof of there deities existence except for their personal faith. Why is Jesus accepted and Amen Ra not? Is it because Jesus looks more relatable to humans?

I'm not speaking on Jesus, or any ? for that matter. All deities point to the same eternity. Your namesake is actually a representation of that. Where this deity came from, I dunno. But our life experiences point us to a certain message that's up to us to interpret. These religions are good guidelines, but our lives are our own story.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Wack. If that's the case then what is the point in living? Why make friends, get married, have children, if all of it means nothing? Why make earthly memories if all we are suppose to do is prepare for death and heaven? Why be born? Why would ? put you in a place that you didn't ask to be in the first place so you can worship him or be sent to hell. That's like me having kids and beating them for not glorifying me daily.

1. Your missing the point my friend. ? never says not to make friends, get married, or have children. What ? says is to seek first the kingdom of ? and then everything else will be added unto you. We have to make the eternal our priority! When we make the eternal our priority, the temporal things will naturally fall into line.

2. But as fallen creatures, we make the mistake of putting all our eggs into the basket of the here and now. We fail to prepare for eternity thus when we meet ? we will be found lacking of any fruit that is worthy of repentance, namely the confession and believe of the Savior of the world, the Lord Jesus Christ.

3. Like the saying goes, when we fail to plan we have planned to fail. If all you worry about is the here and now, while giving no thought of the age to come, your soul will be eternally lost. Indeed, the Bible says this, "what shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world, but lose his own soul?"

4. The answer is absolutely nothing! Everything that this world has to offer will be burnt up on the last day. The only things that will remain are those things which can't be shaken because they were built upon the foundation stone of Jesus Christ. Any other foundation that you build upon, if it isn't Jesus Christ, will be removed into outer darkness on the day of judgment. Thus, you must make Jesus Christ your priority. That's where it starts and ends at. Yes, He truly is the author and the finisher of our faith!

5. Will you receive eternal life today?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    No such thing as eternity.

Death is the trump card. Once you go through that door, and YES you will go through that door, the truth will be plainly revealed and there will be no 2nd chances. Your life, your call, your gamble. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I'm immortal.

You will exist forever in 1 of 2 places my friend. I pray that it will be in paradise with all the saints of ? . Amen.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no eternity for humans. The reason why humans have created the concept of eternal life is because they are afraid to die. But death is the natural process of being.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    There is no eternity for humans. The reason why humans have created the concept of eternal life is because they are afraid to die. But death is the natural process of being.

1. Eternity is the dwelling place of ? .

2. Humans never created "the concept of eternal life".

3. Eternal life is freely given to any one who accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

4. Death only came into the world because of sin.

5. Will you change your eternal destiny today by confessing your sins to Jesus Christ and accepting His forgiveness for them?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The spirit world embodies eternity but sin separated the spirit from the physical world with death. There is no death in the spirit world.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm immortal.

You will exist forever in 1 of 2 places my friend. I pray that it will be in paradise with all the saints of ? . Amen.

I'm the creator, I'll go wherever I decide to go.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm immortal.

I'm the creator, I'll go wherever I decide to go.

1. You're not the creator

But

2. Yes, you will decide where you want to spend eternity. Amen.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "You gon live forever whether you want to or not, some of us gon end up holy some of us gon end up hot"

-Lecrae
    "No Regrets"

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unounoseis wrote: »
    "You gon live forever whether you want to or not, some of us gon end up holy some of us gon end up hot"

-Lecrae
    "No Regrets"

#weakbars