Quick question: If Jay Z really fell off...

Options
Nah Son
Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in The Reason
...how does he (arguably) have the hottest verse in 2014 so far? Talking about the We Made It verse

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kliimaxx
    Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Nah Son wtf is you, asking "wtf is you"? Sit ya swollen foot mama down, before she slips and lands her ? inna ya dutty face
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which verse are we speaking of?

Is this the one where he disses drake? verse was only hot because Jay finally said someones name in a rap since Nas. Hes been doing subliminals ever since that damn beef.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we should change the board's name
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

he did fell off, check out anything after The BP1 thats not The Black Album, AG, and a few verses from MCHG
    WTT >>>
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay is not as good as he used to be..it's really not debatable at this point.The Biggest Jayz stan will admit that..and that verse wasn't that lyrically impressive to say it's verse of the year.It was hot because he sonned Drake for the most part..
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

he did fell off, check out anything after The BP1 thats not The Black Album, AG, and a few verses from MCHG
    WTT >>>

You catchin feelings for no reason with them corny board names...I just asked a question bruh. Cause every other Jay z thread I keep reading about how he fell off when about every non album cut he releases or is on is fire

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

I will admit that he aint going in on every track like he was in his prime but thats not really falling off. When he brings his A-game theres one rapper alive that can ? with him and thats Nas
  • TrillRussell
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

You catchin feelings for no reason with them corny board names...I just asked a question bruh. Cause every other Jay z thread I keep reading about how he fell off when about every non album cut he releases or is on is fire

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

I will admit that he aint going in on every track like he was in his prime but thats not falling off. When he brings his A-game theres one rapper alive that can ? with him and thats Nas

Lyrically Eminem will bite his head off too..especially now
  • TrillRussell
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

I will admit that he aint going in on every track like he was in his prime but thats not falling off. When he brings his A-game theres one rapper alive that can ? with him and thats Nas
    Lyrically Eminem will bite his head off too..especially now..Em hasn't made a drop off as A lyricist..he's still sharp..his music been mediocre for A while tho

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

Eminem post 2004.no chance
  • freethewave
    Options
    Jay fell off but can still bring the heat
  • TrillRussell
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

Musically?of course not.but straight bars?..Eminem aint lost A step..at all
  • freethewave
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

Da ? u talkin bout?before 03 incedible.post.. mediocre at best.lost his wit and forces punchlines.at all?u trippin fam
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

so you feeling them corny ass punchlines huh

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    What song are we talkin bout?
  • TrillRussell
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

Da ? u talkin bout?before 03 incedible.post.. mediocre at best.lost his wit and forces punchlines.at all?u trippin fam

MUSICALLY he's been mediocre at best post 03...lyrically Em still nice as ? bruh..The music's been such A turn off to the point where you prolly don't hear or check for him lyrically..And if that was your reasoning..I'd understand..but to flat out say he's mediocre?lol..nah..Em's still top notch on the mic..
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    That wasn't even the hottest verse on the song

Exactly, that verse is ridiculously over rated
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

I will admit that he aint going in on every track like he was in his prime but thats not really falling off. When he brings his A-game theres one rapper alive that can ? with him and thats Nas

lol at "catchin feelins"
    theres (not really saying they're better but they wouldnt get eaten alive):
    Lupe Fiasco
    Action Bronson
    Kendrick Lamar (already murked Jay Z, get mad)
    Ab Soul
    Ghostface
    R.A. The Rugged Man
    Tech N9ne
    Blu
    Kanye
    Prodigy
    Masta Ace
    Killer Mike
    El-P
    Elzhi
    Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
    Brother Ali
    Black Thought
    Talib Kweli
    Common
    Jay Rock
    Evidence
    Sean Price
    Scarface
    Pusha T

one million, two million, three million?
    cake, cake, cake, cake, cake ?
  • freethewave
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

MUSICALLY he's been mediocre at best post 03...lyrically Em still nice as ? bruh..The music's been such A turn off to the point where you prolly don't hear or check for him lyrically..And if that was your reasoning..I'd understand..but to flat out say he's mediocre?lol..nah..Em's still top notch on the mic..

Been an em fan since sslp,heard pretty much all hes dropped.il always check for him lyrically but punchlines remain forced and flow is hard to listen to without bein annoyed cos hes yellin whereas before hed be more articulate.to say he aint lost a step and is top notch is dillusional and an insult to his old material imo

And what do u mean by musically?the beats?
  • just.might.b.ok
    Options
    no ? body wants to sit trough a hook that goes
    this is my legacyyyyyy eeeeeeeeehh
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that jay is overrated, listen to the music and judge for yourself, disagree? ok cool
  • TrillRussell
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i suggest:
    Jigga Warrior Spot
    Jigga We Love You
    The Camel Task Force
    Camel Riders
    Camel Lovers
    Roc My Nation Jay
    Jay Z and me

WTT >>>

Shiny Suit Theory
    Open Letter
    We Made It
    etc

Been an em fan since sslp,heard pretty much all hes dropped.il always check for him lyrically but punchlines remain forced and flow is hard to listen to without bein annoyed cos hes yellin whereas before hed be more articulate.to say he aint lost a step and is top notch is dillusional and an insult to his old material imo

And what do u mean by musically?the beats?

When I say Musically it means the overall product hasn't been great.including the beats/production..that ? sounds dated..But lyrically he's always in pocket,he's fearless,he's versatile with his flows,he's A wordsmith STILL..So to say he's average at best is an more of an insult than anything i've said..