Ja Rule vs 50 Cent Beef

Options

Comments

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ja got too comfy at the top, that grease video with ja playing john travolta did not help, 50 was hungry and ready to get that money, add that with the huge buzz 50 got from being signed by em and dre and ja was finished going platinum, not gonna lie i jumped ship in a heartbeat and 50 was the man lol i was a kid at the time.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worl'Boss wrote: »
    This the one thing I never understood about the beef

People be like"yeah 50 went and done the same thing ja done!"

What make records woman enjoy?

So what?

but that was the ? he dissed ja about u ?

Idiot fan.50 came out on top.ja no where to be seen.how is it bad on 50s part if he strategised the whole thing
  • freethewave
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Anybody remember that radio station rant that was floating around the internet where he was like "Ya'll wanna see 2Pac!!!! Well ya'll gonna see 2Pac!!!!"

It was around that time that I couldn't take him seriously anymore.

Thats from a song.sure it was a diss to em and 50
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I thought at the time that you're a fickle ? if you stop listenin' to a rapper you like coz he 'lost' a rap beef
  • freethewave
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Loyality?what hip hop head was a loyal ja rule fan?.hip hops always encouraged batteling and goin for the top spot.

So if u like a rapper then someone comes along outta nowhere and demolishes them u supposed to be all"ill always stick by ur side.who does this guy think he is".yall aint friends with these ?

It's one thing to be able to admit if a rapper got ate up in a battle it's a whole different thing to stop supporting a rapper all together becuz another rapper tells you he ain't cool no more but I am... The same ? who was throwing they M's up one year was running to go cop a 50 cent wife beater the next

Its not jus cause a rapper tells you to.they expose them in ways over a diss track bout ? u mite not have known.like ether didnt make ? look at jay a certain way.or the countless disses to prodigy.they kept they fans cos they had a strong catalogue.ja lost his fans cos 50 came harder nh and noone cared about ja by then.stick with ja if u want but 50 made ja aaand his fans loose face
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 was/is a funny ass dude, that's what I thought about it

that was definitely a beef Ja shouldn't have entertained, he probably still be relevant today
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    new ja rule album comin soon GLC genius love company . i saw the tracklist already its dope
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was nessesary. It made Ja stop making that pop ? and make two great albums with Blood in my eye and R.U.L.E.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This beef really taught me about life. I was in the 10th and 11th grade when this was goin on. I had nothin against Ja rule, I jus was happy this 50 cent guy was challenging that pop ? on the radio . The momentum that wanksta, in the club, and Hail Mary built for 50 was crazy. The world was ready to adopt 50 cent as the king of mainstream rap and kick Ja off the mountain ........ JUST BECAUSE 50 SAID SO.

That was power. 50 had so much power he made fans and rappers dislike Ja for no reason.

But as I got older and looked back at the ? I laffed because I realized jus how fickle we were.
  • freethewave
    Options
    Thot it was funny that rappers turned against him.jay was tight then seemed not.dmx jumped in go to sleep.busta jumped on hail mary doin impressions.50 got ? goin at him lol
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never a fan of Ja's music so when 50 battled him, I was on 50s side. The funny thing is, as of recent years, I can't stand 50s music either. Some of the old stuff is cool, but I just outgrew his music.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Piggy Bank was garbage, by the way.
  • freethewave
    Options
    Clickety clank...Clickety clank
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    I was never a fan of Ja's music so when 50 battled him, I was on 50s side. The funny thing is, as of recent years, I can't stand 50s music either. Some of the old stuff is cool, but I just outgrew his music.

That's pretty much how I felt. I was getting sick of Ja Rule so it was good to see somebody try to take him out. But 50 got to big for his britches. He thought he was ALL THAT when he wasn't, he was just hot at the time.

50 Cent was hot for about 3 years and he basically, well, fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never got on the 50 cent train...Ja Rule was aiiiiight...

I did like that R.U.L.E album doe
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cents shots at Ja didnt really make me like him any less, I just remember waiting for Ja Rule to respond with something dope and it never happened.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thot it was funny that rappers turned against him.jay was tight then seemed not.dmx jumped in go to sleep.busta jumped on hail mary doin impressions.50 got ? goin at him lol

That was the weirdest part of it all to me.

Why is busta rhymes dissin?

Busta never have problem wit nobody but all of a sheen he dissin Ja like this his beef
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not true. X had issues with Ja and Irv prior to that. That's one of the reasons 50 stayed close to X as a tactic basically, even tho they knew each other from before too.

Jay was tight still but he had some minor issues with Irv and things business & relationship wise. Jay not comin thru on certain things for Irv was one thing that essentially made Irv lowkey side with Nas in that whole thing & almost had him on Murder Inc.

I forgot what the Busta ? was about but didnt Ja diss him or Busta thought he dissed him or some ? ?

But the only "real" issue was with 50. The rest was some "team"/"label" type ? . Even Eminem was straight with Ja prior but since 50 was on his label all of a sudden he had issues with him.

Thats why i always laugh when fans take sides not knowing its all business and almost never really that serious.
  • freethewave
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Not true. X had issues with Ja and Irv prior to that. That's one of the reasons 50 stayed close to X as a tactic basically, even tho they knew each other from before too.

Jay was tight still but he had some minor issues with Irv and things business & relationship wise. Jay not comin thru on certain things for Irv was one thing that essentially made Irv lowkey side with Nas in that whole thing & almost had him on Murder Inc.

I forgot what the Busta ? was about but didnt Ja diss him or Busta thought he dissed him or some ? ?

But the only "real" issue was with 50. The rest was some "team"/"label" type ? . Even Eminem was straight with Ja prior but since 50 was on his label all of a sudden he had issues with him.

Thats why i always laugh when fans take sides not knowing its all business and almost never really that serious.

Yeah but before all that they never said ? on wax.50 in it with jeffrey and suddenly everyone pipes up.thats what I found interesting
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? forgetting that busta at the time of the hail mary diss was signed to that aftermath/shady/gunit umbrella so I'm pretty sure he just did the diss to show some sort of loyalty to the team
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Yeah but before all that they never said ? on wax.50 in it with jeffrey and suddenly everyone pipes up.thats what I found interesting
    I wanted to stay out of this thread, but people always say this but I don't agree. 50 been dissing Ja since '99 and Ja got bigger after '00. It wasn't until 50 signed with Dre and Em and Ja and Irv started talking smack in interviews involving Em when the tide started to turn for Ja. This was around mid to late '02.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? forgetting that busta at the time of the hail mary diss was signed to that aftermath/shady/gunit umbrella so I'm pretty sure he just did the diss to show some sort of loyalty to the team

Busta wasn't officially signed Aftermath when the Hail Mary diss dropped. He was responding to Ja dissing him on the "Loose Change" song and Busta's truck getting shot up by Murder Inc affiliates while it was sitting in front of the Violater offices (they thought it was 50's truck)
  • freethewave
    Options

Good comment,never made that connection before
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You reap what you sow. Can't blame the fans. You put a diss track out you got to expect people to pick a side. It's like WWE.