Are Phones or Social Media Sites an Issue in your Relationship?

Options
Kat
Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ever gotten into an argument over time spent on your phone or social media sites?

Do you think your s/o spends too much time on their phone? How much time do you spend on your phone?

Do you think it's possible to find a s/o that is not plugged in on some level these days?

Let's discuss.

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diamond...

Why doesn't anyone else share their relationship problems...?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No and you still aren't off the hook for providing baby daddy updates
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope....but i see where it could be an issue

i dont mind any phone or social media time unless its my time.....like if i take you out and you're staring at your phone all night, or posting while we're eating dinner, ima have a problem with that and will say something....

other than that i dont care

• Kat
    Options
    There are no new updates Matt...let's keep it on topic.

So do you even have a gf?
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are Phones or Social Media Sites an Issue in your Relationship?

only if you let them be... if 2 grown ass adults are on the same page and not out here attention ? on social media sites.. yall good.. id be damn if i got into a argument with a chick over social media.. i cant even fathom

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    currently, no... in the past, yes...
    thats little kid ? tho.
    bottom line is that u can't neglect your s/o...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It'll be hard to find an s/o who isn't plugged in. Some more than others, but if you're under about 35 or 40 you're likely plugged in a fair amount.

Never had an argument over social media or time spent on my phone. That's ? stupid. Every blue moon if my girl and I haven't spent quality time together and I happen to be on my phone either on twitter or talking to my ex about our son, she'll have a lil look on her face. I'll finally drag it out of her and she'll say, 'I miss you and we haven't spent a lot of time together lately. And you're on your phone.'. I'll say 'Cool, just say that. Don't sit there like a bump on a log all pouting and ? .'.

That's about the extent of it.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma Bachelor's Life advocate but If I was in a relationship then it wouldn't be a issue because I'm hardly on there as is
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    There are no new updates Matt...let's keep it on topic.

So do you even have a gf?

a79.jpg

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. My hoes put the phone down when I come around.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really going to discuss the intimate details of my marriage here, but I do think technology can become an issue in relationships because everything is accessible via social media and the worldwide web.

There is no such thing as privacy and discretion anymore.

Unfortunately this younger generation is simply plugged into social media and the internet and it will not change.

I think everyone in a serious relationship should take at least a couple days a week where they put down their tech devices and spend time socializing the old fashion way with their loved one.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see it as an issue, majority of my mobile phone time is used at work. It also works in my favor because I can watch sports or whatever on TV and my chick can just sit there playing candy crush not bothering me.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No issue here........when I spend time with my fiance on a date.....we have a no phone policy where we focus on each other ...we talked about it that we won't be glued to mobile phones on a date.........

We were @ a restaurant once and all we saw was couples buried in phones......eating and not talking.......society is ? up......
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ended my 7 year relationship.....in my 25 years on this earth and the dealings with females...they tend to complain about something like a comment on facebook....only to do the exact same thing they complained about..like having a comment on instagram..

My thing is what's the point of complaining...if your gonna turn around and do or be guilty of the same thing...

That on top of neither one of us wanting to change our ways....

Never knew not being responsible for somebodies feelings felt so.....
    Grrreeeeaaatt!!
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont ? with sensitive or jealous s/o and there wont be an issue, point blank.
  • Kat
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Imma Bachelor's Life advocate but If I was in a relationship then it wouldn't be a issue because I'm hardly on there as is

The IC counts as social media.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DonPePe wrote: »
    ? ended my 7 year relationship.....in my 25 years on this earth and the dealings with females...they tend to complain about something like a comment on facebook....only to do the exact same thing they complained about..like having a comment on instagram..

My thing is what's the point of complaining...if your gonna turn around and do or be guilty of the same thing...

That on top of neither one of us wanting to change our ways....

Never knew not being responsible for somebodies feelings felt so.....
    Grrreeeeaaatt!!

? you was just ready to go lol....dont try to blame social media
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    I don't think people realize, when your in a relationship, you need to carry yourself in a certain way....I damn near Break my ribs laughing when I see people in relationships playing the numbers game the tbh game the like for rating game and all those other games people play on fb,and ig...
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    DonPePe wrote: »
    I don't think people realize, when your in a relationship, you need to carry yourself in a certain way....I damn near Break my ribs laughing when I see people in relationships playing the numbers game the tbh game the like for rating game and all those other games people play on fb,and ig...

And are in a relationship, I meant to add
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like if she always in her phone she not that interested in what u got goin.
    So yeah my chic phone usually in her bag.
  • Kat
    Options
    Dont ? with sensitive or jealous s/o and there wont be an issue, point blank.

I don't think it's fair to simply write it off as sensitivity or jealousy though, especially in this day and age when ALOT of what we engage in involves us to be plugged into our devices..something is going to be neglected in order to keep up, especially if you're the type that's plugged into multiple sites.

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every woman I every dated argued with me over petty ? way before social media. Thing was, I was go argue about some Internet ? irl and they knew it.

Argue about me not saying hi to yo mama or avoiding your family functions but I'd be damn if a website end my ? .
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stalk all my exes through the Internet. With that being said I have no problem with ? online.
  • Kat
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    no to all, my wife doesnt use social media, & she usually dont yam on the phone with her girls when im available to talk to

I only post when she's at work cuz her job doesnt allow texting & personal calls

? , ya'll sound annoying as ? .

If ya'll text/talk all day, wtf is there to talk about when you get home?