My gf still lives with her family at 28 + doesn't have her own car.(When did you move out ur fam?)

Options
YC11
YC11 Members Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
Now she works, she makes her own money, full time job at the bank, and she lives comfortably thanks to being with her fam, but I'm wondering if she plans to move out or plans to just get wifed up and move out. She doesn't have her own car either. She drives her dad's car time to time.

She's a fun girl, she's a dancer, she works out, dresses well, well read, well cultured, friendly to people, squeaky clean from head to toe, classy, and sweet loving. But she's a traditionalist, she seems to talk about other ppl around her getting married a lot these days, like often. She never asks for ? , she buys me food, we split bills, she's very caring and never dips into my pocket, she'll try to pay for my gas, and all that. Take bus to come see me so I don't have to drive every time back and forth.

Now I got my own crib and car paid for, she didn't know that until we dated well over a month, and personally I'm in no rush to get married, maybe another 5 yrs or so, I got ? to accomplish. But something about her not seeming to looking for her own spot by now or her own car even by now really bothers me. I've always been around independent women who had their own pad, or drove their own car, things like that. This bothers me abit, should it?

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's always interesting that people say, I want to get married after I get things accomplished. IMO, the goal is to marry someone that will help you accomplish your goals.

I don't think most successful people have this mindset. I guess it's a generational thing.
  • YC11
    Options
    If you get successful on your own first, you get better pick out of the flock, better quality of fish in the sea to choose from.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    That's how it's supposed to be. But society condemns men that live at home beyond a certain age, and women for the most part gets a pass. But in most cultures people don't move out until they get married.
  • YC11
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    So u dating a loser?

Cool, cool....

Lol. I do like a money making woman who wants things in life and goes after it.... This girl gives off the vibe of wanting to get wifed up by a successful man and help out the husband. Man, sex is great and chemistry is there, yet I'm still looking at my financial equal too, why this bothers me so much?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You girl is a ? ? ...it's understandable I've dated a few ? ? . A pretty face and good ? can help to look past her bumness, but don't expect her to do anything for herself. She expects to be taken care of the rest of her life.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Control that girl
    Grab her by the scruff of the neck
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chick is a loser man, career housewife type.

If you pick something like this up early it can be a good thing because they are some of the most supportive women that will latch on to your dreams and treat them like their own.

At 28 though? Im 27 right now playboy and if i was going to get a chick that still lived with her parents and didnt have her own i would go alot younger!
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    18-19ish, u need expert advice tho, @DWO

1zoviuf.jpg
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she got money but no car or place of her own.....right
  • YC11
    Options
    Yea the younger part, but younger chicks that live with their parents aren't well put together, they are messy and don't know ? . Good thing about her at least is she knows a lot, we have good conversations, and she's cultured, these younger chicks don't know jack ? that frustrates me.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many times is a thread like this going to be made
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta assuming ass ? in here
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's primed and ready for marriage and the next chapter...ya'll won't last another 5 years without at least an engagement.

Has she ever existed on her own?

I would be hesitant to commit to a person that has never stood on their own two feet before.

She's going to be running to daddy everytime a crisis arises..
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aside from the whole "28 & living w/ the parents" and "doesn't have a car" thing......sounds like you have a potential winner. #shrugs. She's gonna want that ring though bruh.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is her fam background? If theyre south east asian for example, there is a good chance her fam aint letting her go out the house untill shes married.

her sis/mom text her all the time? She rarely spend the night at your place? Always going home before 12 and ? ? There is a good chance she might be a bird in a cage still....wise that you talk with her about if thats the case
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I moved out when i was 17.
  • YC11
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    What is her fam background? If theyre south east asian for example, there is a good chance her fam aint letting her go out the house untill shes married.

her sis/mom text her all the time? She rarely spend the night at your place? Always going home before 12 and ? ? There is a good chance she might be a bird in a cage still....wise that you talk with her about if thats the case

Yea she's Hakka chinese. Chinese but born and bred in Pakistan, somehow she looks more brown, looks filipino ish. That's why I'm easy going too, I know that family culture.

• Alkinduz
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I moved out when i was 17.

co-sign, I headed for the hills at 17 aswell lol
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    18 but moms kicced me out
    id prolly still be there and eat delicious food from the fridge
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 t/s is drivin ole girl and her mama to her mama's doctor appointments like Cedric did Lavita.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you see a future with her? If no let her go or continue to climb the ladder to her bedroom till you bored, if yes let her know seriously in a non confrontational way she needs to leave the nest.
  • Alkinduz
    Options
    YC11 wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »

Yea she's Hakka chinese. Chinese but born and bred in Pakistan, somehow she looks more brown, looks filipino ish. That's why I'm easy going too, I know that family culture.

ok fam. This can be a difficult situation then, Ive been there. Married my wife (indonesian) last year(shes 25,Im 26).

my wife is/was similair to your chick, basically got all signs of independency(job/finances/state of mind). But her fam(mother/father,sister) kept her in a cage.

your girl might be trapped between her fam culture and yours. Might be very emotional and tense for her to talk with you about...

try to be cool with the mom, she might influence the dad in a positive way.

I dont know man, if you dont love her and see yourself marrying her, it would be wise to let her know and get out...