Kirsten Dunst: ‘You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman

Options

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey I didn't write them, but all of them sure as hell were major hits.

What got the whole game ? up is war and women stepping out of the 'traditional' roles in the first place.

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #Smash on this crooked teeth and saggy brezz...
    Kirsten-Dunst-089.jpg
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't live in a society that supports the old views on gender roles such as being able to get a job in a factory and be able to take care of your family comfortably...now the wife has to work to help out, and she may even make more money
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'crooked teeth, saggy ? '. Hilarious b/c those are her 2 distinctive traits.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's also important to note that the nature of what "work" is in this society has changed quite a bit. it's not like women are out leading oxes in the field or being chimney sweeps - most jobs in this country are actually pretty tame and gender-neutral.

As for housework - nowadays we have washing machines, dishwashers, microwaves and refrigeration - housework isn't necessarily a full-time job anymore either. There are plenty of people that are able to hold down a job and still manage to feed themselves and not live in squalor.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @ taking advice from Kristen Dunst. ? what she know
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9 times out of 10, ? don't even know what the ? they are talking about when they want " a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman".

Like seriously, can any two people agree on exactly what that means?

Cuz if y'all ? are saying that as if it describes the "traditional" housewife paradigm...that ? been dead for 40+ plus years B. What dumb ? in this day and age would want a woman who cannot provide for herself and lacks any sort of knowledge/skills that arent domestic related?

My biggest issue with people agreeing with Kirsten Dunst is that a lotta of you are just blaming the blurring of gender roles as the reason for why relationships dont work....or why LGBT is becoming more accepted....or why ? are wearing dresses and skinny jeans.....

And while SOME of that ? is RELATED to gender, none of it is because ? are all of a sudden becoming more paternal, passive in relationships, and more in tune with their emotions and/or women becoming heads of households, aggressive, and more direct minded....

Because thats what typical gender roles in our society are typically associated with.
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll actin like she and Jessica Alba not box office ? tho. *Shrugs* Loso tried to tell ya'll.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking only for myself, I wholeheartedly agree with Kirsten Dunst. But I will say that Katie Yoder makes an excellent point. Feminism has evolved into a movement that basically looks down on anything associated with old-fashioned gender roles. I happen to prefer them, but other women don't and that's ok too. Career women are no less valuable than housewives and vice versa. The important thing is that, regardless of whether they're homemakers or business owners, women need to let men be men and stop letting feminism undermine a man's masculinity. All that does is create an entire generation of men who don't even know the meaning of the word, and women who eventually come to expect less and settle for less, and pretty soon you have one big ? of unhappy people and bad relationships.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why in the ? does her opinion hold any weight is the question

This aint no premiere for spider man 1, 2 or 3

And on top of that this ? is saying something everyone already knows

Thats like most snow bunnies on the low have jungle fever

No ? ?
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I feel like if you believe in gender roles then you have to believe in it 100%. You can't flip flop or pick and choose based on what suits/benefits you. Both men and women have this problem. They love to throw gender roles at you when it's convenient, but then do the opposite when it suits them. Either commit to it or don't.

Agreed.

I personally don't believe in gender roles because it's an antiquated line of thinking that fits the conservative paradigm and perpetuates the status quo. However, if a woman that isn't a closed-minded NeoCon, is partial to traditional gender roles it's not a deal breaker if one of the following 2 scenarios happen:

A. The female conforms to the entire traditional mythos and I will follow through. No arbitrary turns that only allows one gender to experience the fruits of today's more progressive society and not the other. This scenario is obviously unrealistic if she isn't a NeoCon or doesn't strictly adhere to religious dogma.

or

B. The most realistic option in 2014 and beyond: Two fairly progressive people who due to conditioning from our environment still hold some latent traditional values that manifest itself daily. We both continue a few gender roles we're accustomed to- daily behavioral norms like me pumping gas, opening doors, paying for dates, taking care of the activities that require strenuous physical labor etc.*

*Paying all or the vast majority of the bills/expenses only becomes an option on the table if she's had a ring on her finger for a while, I'm financially capable and she is willing to hand over a considerable amount of her autonomy in our relationship in return. Honestly, even then there's a decent chance I wouldn't agree to this option. However, I'd be much more willing to agree to it if she has her own career/decent job, because then that proves she doesn't need to rely on me, which in turn makes my life significantly less stressful and it adds an element of reverence to the relationship that we'll both deep down appreciate.

To keep it 100, I prefer progressive women over traditional women (so neither of the scenarios will likely come to fruition) but if I happen to fall for a traditional woman... realistically it's only going to work if scenario B happens.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're a smart woman...
    Speaking only for myself, I wholeheartedly agree with Kirsten Dunst. But I will say that Katie Yoder makes an excellent point. Feminism has evolved into a movement that basically looks down on anything associated with old-fashioned gender roles. I happen to prefer them, but other women don't and that's ok too. Career women are no less valuable than housewives and vice versa. The important thing is that, regardless of whether they're homemakers or business owners, women need to let men be men and stop letting feminism undermine a man's masculinity. All that does is create an entire generation of men who don't even know the meaning of the word, and women who eventually come to expect less and settle for less, and pretty soon you have one big ? of unhappy people and bad relationships.

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I was having this same conversation with a stripper a few days ago :D

WTF. You havin conversations wit strippers...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I was having this same conversation with a stripper a few days ago :D

WTF. You havin conversations wit strippers...

Sheeeeit ngga you can learn the key to life conversatin with strippers...or atleast get into the minds of women
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    My grandmother had 9 children she cleaned, cooked, helped take care of the cows and still had to put up with the constant supply of ? my grandfather demanded. half the time there was no electricity and when the money done it done. You ? could not put up that kind of ? so i don't want to hear no ? .

Ya gramma was gettin back shots from cows when ya grampa was at work ? ?

Nah, my granny was not white

You ? having quadroon ? . you want a husband you lazy hoe get rid of that gag reflex sucking ? is the only way a dunce ? like you will ever keep a man
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    I agree with what she said. Unfortunately too many ? wanna be ? now a days so it ain't go happen.

Aren't you a woman in the army?

Yea what's your point?
    A young thug had to get a job b

so you agree with what she said about traditional gender roles and women working... except for when it comes to you?
    I had to conform to the norms and get a ? job cause no ? was gonna pay a dowery for my ass foh with this ? b

I hate to break it to you but that's not how dowries work... basically when we get married your pops gotta give me all his monies for taking you off his hands.

Mase.gif

tumblr_meiyyxPOOn1rir2ujo1_400.gif

@Pico‌

Sorry babygirl....no can do.

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My grandmother had 9 children she cleaned, cooked, helped take care of the cows and still had to put up with the constant supply of ? my grandfather demanded. half the time there was no electricity and when the money done it done. You ? could not put up that kind of ? so i don't want to hear no ? .

You ? having quadroon ? . you want a husband you lazy hoe get rid of that gag reflex sucking ? is the only way a dunce ? like you will ever keep a man

Lmfao this ? furious
  • zombie
    Options

Lmfao this ? furious

Don't worry about me worry about that cheesy discharge coming out of your ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't stop progress. 99% of muhfuckas don't know what they want though so nevermind making blanket statements.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmfao this ? furious

Proof?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    side question: can black people say "Kirsten Dunst" out loud? I tried just now and it didn't feel right. It's just too white a name for me to say.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all know y'all want a ? to be at the house waitin on daddy ? and fixin y'all tacos...stop with the shenanigans.

Personally, I'm too picky to be a housewife. I don't want an allowance nor do I want to answer questions about what I spend my money on.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmfao this ? furious

Lmfao this ? furious

Proof?

take this nasty ? to a pm
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well damn...that's a GOAT for Kirsten Dunst.
  • zombie
    edited May 2014
    Options

Lmfao this ? furious

Proof?

? i can smell it through the internet you 9 cheese pizza ? only lazy desperate ? are hungry for husbands Pretty ? like you should have no problem finding a man but since you still don't have one that must mean the ? is trash.