Papoose Encourages Jay Z To Attend Five-Percent Nation Event In Harlem..

Options
illedout
illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
rsz_papoose1.jpg

In the latest release of a string of VladTV interview segments,
Papoose encouraged Jay Z to attend an annual Five-Percent Nation affiliated event.
Referencing the Show And Prove Educational & Science Fair in Harlem,
Papoose said he “would like to see [Jay Z] come out there and do something positive for the people.”

[img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/-hUXNZ-bwjzw/UvcFXDxPiUI/AAAAAAAD5dU/4XcN5QoTG00/jay-z-yellow-gold-? -body-chain-five-percenter-iced-out-cuban-links.jpg[/img]

“Another thing too, since you asked me about him earlier, Jay Z been wearing the flag on his neck,”
Papoose continued. “I would like to see him at the Show & Prove.

The Annual Show & Prove we do every year where they bring the babies out and it’s just a positive environment.
Every year we do it. This year, if I’m not mistaken, it’s gonna be at the Apollo. I come out there and represent.
Kay Slay come out. A couple artists came out in the past. Rakim, the list goes on.

But yo he representing that flag I would like to see him come out there and do something positive for the people.”

Papoose's mention of Jay Z's wearing the flag is in reference to the rapper's sporadically donning a pendant of the Five-Percent Nation's Universal Flag.

Comments

• Kyle_Lurker
    Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good luck wit that
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    I read more about Papoose mentioning Jay Z than Papoose dropping a record

Is this ? a rapper or a talk show host or what?

I cant even be mad at him...i mean, the ngga has dropped probly 50+ mixtapes...clearly the 'drop music' formula aint workin for him.

But still I think its a fair statement. He's a rapper, he reps 5%, Jay been seen wearin the flag, etc.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is what he's saying wrong?

? papoose tho.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z responds by giving a who the ? is this guy look
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dis ? papoose a lame..
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did nacirema dream ever come out??? Talm bout 50+ mixtapes ? where da album??
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    So I guess all these ? wearing Jesus pieces you expect to see in church on Sunday morning or bible study on Tuesday since they wearing the chain huh???

This was my thought process on this as well
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I guess all these ? wearing Jesus pieces you expect to see in church on Sunday morning or bible study on Tuesday since they wearing the chain huh???

Its not the same thing. Within 5% culture if you're rocking the Universal Flag you're supposed to know your lessons.

Christians aren't held accountable for knowing the bible just because they wear a crucifix. However, if you saw somebody with a priest's collar it would be considered disrespectful if he wasn't really a priest... or at least unusual.
  • freethewave
    Options

Great point.and whos buisness but hovs as to what he knows about them.its a relegion.not like its fact based
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So whens Papoose gonna drop his damn album already, still waiting.......
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man papoose was talking about dropping an album when I was sophomore in high school ...... that was about ten years ago.
  • freethewave
    Options

He did.The wait's over,? .? Mc,me,Jay Hova
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Its not the same thing. Within 5% culture if you're rocking the Universal Flag you're supposed to know your lessons.

Christians aren't held accountable for knowing the bible just because they wear a crucifix. However, if you saw somebody with a priest's collar it would be considered disrespectful if he wasn't really a priest... or at least unusual.

I don't agree with that.... I feel if you at the award shows talking bout thanking your lord and savior when you win walking around with a jesus piece/cross around your neck but ain't seen the inside of a church since yo momma took you when you were a kid I believe that's just as disrespectful....

And the ppl who have taken the biggest issue with jay wearing the chain are those OUTSIDE of the 5% culture you haven't really heard many complaining who are apart of it
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's see if Lord Jamar say something.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1) Everybody at that festival or whatever aint gone be reciting every lesson

2) Pap mentioned Kay Slay and 'a couple of artists' used ot show up...is Kay Slay 5%. Were they?

3) If Jay did show up it'd be a bunch of pictures of nggas just happy to break bread.

4) "Nah its different you supposed to know the lessons" Foh that seems like somehtin they/yall would say. Yall dont respect religion any other time and mock ? on the daily here, but expect people to respect 5%
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    1) Everybody at that festival or whatever aint gone be reciting every lesson

2) Pap mentioned Kay Slay and 'a couple of artists' used ot show up...is Kay Slay 5%. Were they?

3) If Jay did show up it'd be a bunch of pictures of nggas just happy to break bread.

4) "Nah its different you supposed to know the lessons" Foh that seems like somehtin they/yall would say. Yall dont respect religion any other time and mock ? on the daily here, but expect people to respect 5%

You don't know what you're talking about. I know people that went to the Show and Prove back in the 90s. They wouldn't let me go with them because I didn't know my lessons. That's all they do at 5% rallys is quote lessons and build on mathematics.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White media would crucify Jay if he made that move, no way he walkin through that fire