Fair/Foul:Teenager getting beat by his Dad outside of school decides knock his Dad to the ground...

Options
124»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul. Gotta respect the parents. Wasn't like his dad was whooping him with closed fists or anything.
  • bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Foul. Gotta respect the parents. Wasn't like his dad was whooping him with closed fists or anything.

No he was using a stick instead
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's fear and then there's respect. The two aren't interchangeable.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigstevie wrote: »

right because a light switch is def as bad as being hit with a closed fist gtfohwtbs
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My pops never embarrassed me in front others.

If I did something out of line he talked to me like a man ever since I can remember.

Hell, he never raised his voice at me even in private. He have whipped me before

But at a certain age my pops told me "I'm not gon hit you because that ain't gon do nothing, you take a beating playing sports, so I know me hitting ain't getting a point across"

When he talk, I listen.

But you not just gon put your hands on me as a man and not expect me to fight back or subdue you from hitting me.

• bigstevie
    bigstevie Members Posts: 212 ✭✭
    Options
    bigstevie wrote: »

right because a light switch is def as bad as being hit with a closed fist gtfohwtbs

Switches sting homie...pops had no regard for that hoy when he started switching him up high and smacking him in the face...thats not a spanking...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smart kid, he obviously weighed his choices here. Putting his dad on his ass >>>>>being the ? that got a whopping at school with the footage on youtube, worldstar, and every classmates phone.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I have a teenage son. I teach him to fight back if he getting punked like that in public.

If his father felt he had to deal with him like that in public...he deserved to be taught that day his son has lost his respect...forever.

Lol @ me pulling up and even getting out the car. My son would be humble as ? as soon as he seen my car. He would get in and if I'm too ? to drive off...we having some words in the car.

And I will never give a ? if my son was bigger than me at 15, he ever punch me he getting put down. Even if I have to treat it like I'm fighting for my life on the street with some random hood ? ...

My son will respect me.

The point is at some point ur son will be stronger than u and /or have more physical prowess

Fear won't last forever..but respect can

Shiiiieeeeet
  • taylornathaniel
    taylornathaniel Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Options
    ? ? attacking their parents. Doesn't matter if you respect them or not, ? should not happen. More than likely the kid did something wrong and poppa dukes handled it the way he knew how to handle it. Some parents show discipline or emotions differently. My father wipe my ass all the time. That was just how he handled me. He wasn't the type of person to show affections, but he loved me to death.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought about this ? and read all the comments. Some good points made and I'm glad dudes here have good sense...for the most part. I will say that I wouldn't be breathing if I tried fighting my dad. The old man was about that life.

I think both parties involved were foul. You don't hit your parents. If he was a stepdad or an absent father, maybe. On the flip side, you shouldn't have to embarrass your kid to discipline him. That age should be the time when you're trying to show him how to have pride and demand respect. He should have waited until they got home to handle him. Beating your kid's ass in public might get you charged with something anyway.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have so much to add to this convo its not even funny.

my son is the same size as me....what us that supposed to mean to me? nothing...I am still his father.

I am sure he might be as stronger as me or getting closer....an that supposed to mean what?....I'm still his father.

thing is..in public is when kids act up...an parents don't want to be the bad parent and correct them in public. well the child should not be doing ? in public.

kids ain't stupid...theybwanna show defiance in public but cower at home until they test those limits at home.

some if y'all sound delusional about what reality is. sounds like some of y'all don't take responsibility for your actions or understand the actions cause reactions nor do you understand the parents rights an responsibilities in raising you an all decision won't be perfect.

so after this child did this...he would be out my house an having the state raise him.guess who's gonna get a call when ? gets thick.....pops.

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get the in public ?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul

some things a child just don't do, hit your parents..disrespect them in any kind of way even if you know they are wrong ...you just dont cross that line

Not gone lie if im on some petty ? id exspect my kids 2 get brolly... At a certain age right becomes right and wrong is wrong... You can check sombody and still respect them...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options