The "I Been Sayin This for Years" Thread

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
Lmao

Cheap Seats can get a lil 'clique-ish', and group think tends to get pretty disgusting at times, so in this thread, drop some ? that was unpopluar at the time, that now is coming to light. ? that you "called"

1) The Bulls are ass. Lllls And that new teams would pass them. I said the Nets would when they signed PP and KG, nggas scoffed. My goodness now even the Raptors and Wizards have.

Yes i am aware that Derrick Rose been gone basically 2 years, but that suporting cast is ass and thye've never been able to score. IDC what they do in the regular season

2) KD escapes criticism b/c he's a nice guy. -Dont get me wrong, one of the best scorers ever and #2 in the league now, but the minute Bron won at Miami, I said be careful, b/c now KD is about to enter the category of 'best player to never win it all'...and here we are.

2a) I also been sayin for years that since KD is slight of frame, come playoffs he gets bodied around and you can deny him the ball.

3) With Jerey Lamb, Reggie Jackson, or Serge Ibaka as their 3rd option, OKC will NEVER win a title. I understood why OKC traded Harden for financial reasons, but i said that from day 1. Nggas tryied to say they had "potential"....and here we are.

Add on.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall really aint ready.... lol
  • S2J
    Options
    Yall really aint ready.... lol

Talk to em! Tell em why you mad!
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant and Westbrook need to break up....
    Those 2 can't coexist no matter how hard dirant tries. A rondo for westbrick trade gonna solve many issues
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thunder ain't no championship team....now they about to get eliminated in the first round to a team with no perimeter offensive players
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the Granger trade I said I had no faith in the pacers
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roy Hibbert is one of the worst big men in the entire nba.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ohhhh this thread gonna deliver when the dumb things said in CS quotes start coming in...

John Wall>>>>Kyrie Irving

Melo is going to the bulls

Rajon Rondo needs to find his way to Indiana because george hill is a garbage playmaker

Derrick Rose is washed

Blake griffin's numbers are not indicative of his talent as PF..I can name other PFs who from a skill standpoint are better than him such as randolph, dirk, aldridge, Love, Bosh, jefferson etc
  • S2J
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Ohhhh this thread gonna deliver when the dumb things said in CS quotes start coming in...

John Wall>>>>Kyrie Irving

Melo is going to the bulls

Rajon Rondo needs to find his way to Indiana because george hill is a garbage playmaker

Derrick Rose is washed

Blake griffin's numbers are not indicative of his talent as PF..I can name other PFs who from a skill standpoint are better than him such as randolph, dirk, aldridge, Love, Bosh, jefferson etc

I mean Cleveland might be THE most underwhelming team in the league so that now has traction.

CP3 in New Orleans did more with that much talent. Wall is doin more with that much talent.

In the East of all places.

I gotta disagree w/ Blake Griffin. He's puttin up numbers. Thats all that matter. Shaq wasnt more 'talented' than a lot of guys, either. Doesnt matter.

Chris Bosh is not better than him. And Dirk aint scored 20 in the series yet. Blake is doin his thing.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree wall >>>Irving
    ? lillard>>>>Irving

We got talent just the chemistry is off and him and waiters can't get along if they did they would be a deadly backcourt ...o well
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember sayin the Wall > Irving ? and getting nothing but nosigns, y'all ? be lyin

Scott Brooks is a bad offensive coach, in the same vein as Mike Brown and Mike Woodson. He relies on his superstars to do literally everything. He doesn't draw up plays to get guys open, he's not creative in getting Durant touches. So a lot of the time Westbrook has to shoot because guys just aren't moving.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    At one point it was lookin like Irving was better until wall got focused and the rest is history
  • Beta
    Options
    I remember sayin the Wall > Irving ? and getting nothing but nosigns, y'all ? be lyin

Scott Brooks is a bad offensive coach, in the same vein as Mike Brown and Mike Woodson. He relies on his superstars to do literally everything. He doesn't draw up plays to get guys open, he's not creative in getting Durant touches. So a lot of the time Westbrook has to shoot because guys just aren't moving.

Only people who I know for a fact said wall>>irving months ago was me, you, and iceberg taylor

Ricky rubio is the most overrated piece of garbage player I have seen in awhile
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Hol on y'all going off just this year saying wall is better or did y'all see something way before Washington started winning?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Been Sayin' This for Years

- Scott Brooks = Doug Collins (During Bulls Tenure)
    - The Pacers Can't handle the spotlight
    - More and More white players are coming into the league and as first rounders too
    - Damian Lillard is the 3rd best PG in the NBA
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    33fgsn5.jpg
    Lol at u getting flagged
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I know ppl ain't gonna agree but I kinda like love over Aldridge not sayin LA ain'ta beast or aint ballin
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i've been saying for years that manny ain't leaving bob arum

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10852241/manny-pacquiao-promoter-bob-arum-discussing-5-fight-extension

Pacquiao's existing promotional agreement with Top Rank runs out at the end of this year, but he has stated time and again that he is loyal to Arum and hopes to finish his career with him, perhaps even to the detriment of making the biggest fight in boxing, a match with pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr., who has steadfastly refused to do business with Arum, his former promoter.

• Beta
    Options
    while I was looking for me saying Wall>>>irving or atleast agreeing when iceberg said it too..
    Beta wrote: »
    Wizards are not making the playoffs, you can ban me for a month I won't even make a bet with anybody just ? ban me if they make it, ? all this John Wall hype out of no where because he got a contract and was crying about it, "now" he's finally motivated foh I don't believe it for a second, dude still can't shoot for ? and hasn't shown any signs of growth, not a bust but a huge disappointment that's what John Wall is, and Nene is overrated, they ain't making it

John wall coming back from injury last year made me a believer. Wizards went 5-28 while Wall was out and they went 24-20 when he returned with him averaging 18.5 7.6 and 4.0. And this is stats from a guy who cant ? shoot for ? . I been hearing nothing but him working hard over the summer. If people were saying the wizards couldve made the playoffs last year with a healthy wall then I have even more reason to think they will with a healthy and driven wall and otto porter.

Wall with Beal,porter,ariza,nene,webster, and okafor are makin the playoffs. Free my ? john when you get banned in advance

Mannnnnn...this ? john STILL aint banned yet lol

what kinda mods does CS have?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    The best team Melo was gonna be on was the Denver teams.

Durant always lacked that grit and leadership granted hes 26 but even when harden was on those teams as young as he was he was the "leader"... its not a weights thing its a mental/personality thing

Pacquiao is overrated

Bradley is vastly overrated and was 85% grit and determination

Lebron cant shoot

Westbrook gets buckets.. that Durant cant get..(hes buggin now)

Kobe is a better scorer than Durant.. its not about the stats or efficiency or cumulative numbers in that regard.. ITS HOW
  • S2J
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    I know ppl ain't gonna agree but I kinda like love over Aldridge not sayin LA ain'ta beast or aint ballin

Idk about that. Kevin Love is a loser at this point. At some point, regardless of talent level around you, u gotta say 'ok, great players manage a way to MAKE their team win games.' Barkley in Phx and Philly wasnt loaded, Webber in Sacramento wasnt loded, Portland aint loaded. They all ate off the mismtaches created by their star

And Aldridge just dropped 40 back to back.

W/ Love i think them 3's may be his gift n curse. When the last time an elite PF shot less than 50%? Im souring on Love.

I.e. i BET you next year Anthony Davis takes NO to the playoffs. And yea they got more talent but he's so good you cant see him not carrying his team...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Disagree love dont got the horses on his squad can you say without a doubt that LA would change Minnesota unequivocally..

Both of them are in the discussion just a matter of preference
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ed reed washed up