Fair / Foul: Adrien Broner suspended by the WBC

Options

Comments

• TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fair. They're right to suspend him. He should apologize.
    Nah dog...If A white man would've put emphasis on the race of the fighter he just beat ? would be like "Why he gotta get specific and put emphasis on the race of the man he just beat?" "why would that be relevant if he wasn't A racist?"..I swear it would be different..and people wouldn't make that same case for him..
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He deserves it. Wasn't even a harsh punishment. Just asking him to apologize for saying something that was just dumb and lame.

Tries so hard to be like Mayweather and just comes off as slow. smh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sometimes he tries too hard hopefully he eases up a bit but dat dancing gif he had on here a few years back was comedy anybody got dat ? ? lls
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as a ? i aint find what broner said to be racist nor did it bother me, was it stupid and corny af? yea.... but what actually bother is ya acting like ya would be okay with it if it was a latino or white boxer n he said that same ? . gotta be fair across the board, cant cry for one ? then applaud the next....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows, I just want to see the poll results.
    Like somebody said its not the first time he said something like this ..and since the sterling scandal every thing somebody says about race will be under the microscope
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foul. He shouldn't have to apologize. Like he said, he beat the ? out of a "Mexi-CAN".
    Proof of this hypocrisy ?

MFs keep saying "if he was another race...."

If a Mexican said,

"I beat the ? out of MexiCANS, AfriCANS, anybody CAN get it.",

I wouldn't think he should get suspended either.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

If a Mexican said,

You goalpost movin ass ngga....thats not what he said. He actually didnt keep it consistent across the board

At no point did he say '? ' UNTIL specifically mentioning the Mexican he just beat.

See in your mind, everyone else is being overly sensitive and PC. No. We're being logical

B/c i 'll go 1 step further: if he would have said i'll beat tha ? out of a mexican, ill beat the ? outta african, etc...THEN u can say its equal

But it wasnt. I gave u the benefit of the doubt at first but maybe u literally dont see a difference, which is sad b/c thats what white people do-comparin the use of ? to us usin 'ngga', they act dumb and ignore context
  • 7figz
    Options
    Foul. He shouldn't have to apologize. Like he said, he beat the ? out of a "Mexi-CAN".
    S2J wrote: »

If a Mexican said,

You goalpost movin ass ngga....thats not what he said. He actually didnt keep it consistent across the board

At no point did he say '? ' UNTIL specifically mentioning the Mexican he just beat.

See in your mind, everyone else is being overly sensitive and PC. No. We're being logical

B/c i 'll go 1 step further: if he would have said i'll beat tha ? out of a mexican, ill beat the ? outta african, etc...THEN u can say its equal

But it wasnt. I gave u the benefit of the doubt at first but maybe u literally dont see a difference, which is sad b/c thats what white people do-comparin the use of ? to us usin 'ngga', they act dumb and ignore context

Even if a Mexican said it exactly as Broner said it, I wouldn't give a ? .

"I'm the CAN-man. Anybody CAN get it. MexiCANs, (I just beat the ? out of an) AfriCAN...."

If you want to talk about context, the context is right there. He said it as part of his CAN-MAN ? . What did he specifically say to target Mexicans ? Not a damn thing. He would've said the same ? about any race if that's who he just fought.

I don't even see the comparison between that and Blacks using the word ? ....

"? " is a derogatory term. Broner didn't use a derogatory term. He simply said the race of somebody he beat. (the ? out of).

Again, since you brought up context, how you gonna ignore the context in which he said it. Race 1, Race 2 (who I just beat the ? out of), etc...

If he would've just fought a Black dude and said "I just beat the ? out of an AfriCAN AmeriCAN", would've been a non-issue.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    the ? was disrespectful and uncouth. but then again if he just stopped at Afri-Can nobody would have said ? .
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows, I just want to see the poll results.
    His punishment should be he has to fight Maidana again.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    son gonna end up picking up cans if he continues
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    His punishment should be he has to fight Maidana again.
    Broner wanted an immediate rematch in April but maidana said he couldn't do it Because he was having his daughter and mayweather set up the match with maidana in may and the rest is history.

• mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    fair... ? was uncalled for
  • Kae Guevara
    Kae Guevara Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Buddy has no chill.. You cant disrespect Mexicans on a Cinco De Mayo weekend especially when their the #1 consumer of the sport.. It wasnt technically racist but it was racially insensitive, which is the best way to put it.. The few Mexican fans that he did have he just lost that night
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    again BHOP THREW DOWN A PUERTORICAN FLAG.......IN PUERTORICO!!

i get it, i don't like broner either..... but they over reacting in light of that clippers ?
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see how it was corny and wack, but racist? so he's racist against Africans?
    if i say i'm in a Japanese car, am I racist?

if you were to single out or make an issue of race in a situation where its not a focal point then yes that is racist.
    like if someone were to say u know blacks jump higher than anyone else at a dunk contest per se. its not negative but its racist
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? would have been in an uproar had that been a white man saying that about black man.
  • 7figz
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    ? would have been in an uproar had that been a white man saying that about black man.

MFs keep sayin' this...

Proof ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bhop ? was crazy ....like u know this ? fears nothing to do some ? like that and get away with it lol
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

MFs keep sayin' this...

Proof ?

When it happens, you'll have all the proof you want.
  • 7figz
    Options
    Here's Broner addressing it (not really):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Y9a_ZJcAw
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's Broner addressing it (not really):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Y9a_ZJcAw

He did address it.
    He just didn't aplogize.
    He called a mexican a mexican.
    What the ?
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone calling a mexican a mexican is racist now?