LEBRON JAMES (and others) say they will BOYCOTT the NBA if DONALD STERLING (or his wife/family) stay

Options
Lustchyld
Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
LeBron James and other players won't play next season if Donald Sterling still is an NBA owner, according to Roger Mason Jr., vice president of the NBA Players Association.

Mason told "Jim Rome on Showtime" this week that the players are united in boycotting the league next season if Sterling isn't removed as Clippers owner. The NBA owners committee met for the third time this week to discuss ousting Sterling.

"If it's not handled by ... the start of next season, I don't see how we're playing basketball," Mason said. "I was just in the locker room with LeBron ... At the end of the day, you know we have leaders. We have player reps, we've got executive committee members ... Leaders of the teams, they're all saying the same thing, 'If this man is still in place, we ain't playing.'"

Rome went on to ask: "So your guy LeBron, you think he would not play if Sterling were still in there when the [next] season started?"

"I was just in the locker room three or four days ago. LeBron and I talked about it," Mason added. "He ain't playing if Sterling is still an owner."

When asked about how players would react if Sterling's wife is kept on as an owner, Mason said: "There's no place for that family in the NBA."

Both Donald and Shelly Sterling have said that they will do everything in thier legal rights to fight being removed as owners, and if either of them sues — or if they both do — what will happen if next season comes around and the Sterling saga still isn't settled? Will the players actually sit out? That's a nightmare scenario that new commissioner Adam Silver, praised for how he's handled Sterling so far, could be helpless to avoid.

SOURCE: fox news

Comments

• gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inb4 ppl really believe it can't happen before next season... billion dollar transactions happen as quick as the stakeholders want it to happen.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Props to lebron if true.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Props to lebron if true.

This
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron the only player w/ the power to flex like this and make them react. Kudos to him.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And in 6months i can already see Silver has more respect/healthy fear of the players/black people than Stern ever did. Lil ? like the extra apology to Magic, and how cp3 felt comfortable yellin out to Silver during that mini blackout Lol

Thats the way it should be.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IF this is true, LeBron will be the realist dude in sports since Jim Brown the GOAT and the Greatest, Muhammad Ali.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I told y'all, Lebron is the GOAT
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll believe it when I see it
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    IF this is true, LeBron will be the realist dude in sports since Jim Brown the GOAT and the Greatest, Muhammad Ali.

Co sign
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    props but i wont believe it until i see it happening
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if they sell the team before next season and the players don't boycott. Do that mean y'all still don't believe it, because you didn't see it?
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall really think Lebron gives a ? ? He's going with the grain so he don't look like a bad guy
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron said he didn't say he was boycotting and Roger Mason backtracked on the issue
  • Lustchyld
    Options
    Lebron said he didn't say he was boycotting and Roger Mason backtracked on the issue
    source?

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lustchyld
    Options
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    source?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nba-players-including-lebron-james-threaten-boycott-sterling-article-1.1791801

? on the part of them all

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    source?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/nba-players-including-lebron-james-threaten-boycott-sterling-article-1.1791801

? on the part of them all

No, Roger Nappy Headed Mason made it hot.
    That ? is a big mouth negress. Keep it on the low ,until y'all ready for the action.
    instead, He runs to a radio station, and reveal his hands.
    He wanted his name In the mix, and sabotaged it.
    What u want Lebron to do?
    He played it smart.
    The nba is white freindly. What's not white freindly, is a radical ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A boycott for this would be dumb as hell. The league did all it could to ban him mind you in my opinion the housing discrimination bs everyone overlooked is more ? up than saying he didn't want black people at the games. But anyways they dropped the ether bomb but now its going to take time for this to be resolved. You can't speed that ? up with a protest.

And boycotting games would not hurt sterling because even if he looses millions hes old as ? and has such a huge profit margin. How about if ? actually protested playing in florida untill stand your ground laws changed? How about if ? had some statement about the violence going on in chicago and other black communities. Actually what if the bulls protested a game due to the housing discrimination in chicago that stops black familes from moving to safer parts of the city. Those would be great causes to protest for.

Some owner who says a few things behind closed doors aint ? to the real blackballing and boxing out of black people in this country that stop black people with money or gaining wealth to move up the ladder.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever trolled ^ this statement deserves 1000 flags
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sr
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    A boycott for this would be dumb as hell. The league did all it could to ban him mind you in my opinion the housing discrimination bs everyone overlooked is more ? up than saying he didn't want black people at the games. But anyways they dropped the ether bomb but now its going to take time for this to be resolved. You can't speed that ? up with a protest.

And boycotting games would not hurt sterling because even if he looses millions hes old as ? and has such a huge profit margin. How about if ? actually protested playing in florida untill stand your ground laws changed? How about if ? had some statement about the violence going on in chicago and other black communities. Actually what if the bulls protested a game due to the housing discrimination in chicago that stops black familes from moving to safer parts of the city. Those would be great causes to protest for.

Some owner who says a few things behind closed doors aint ? to the real blackballing and boxing out of black people in this country that stop black people with money or gaining wealth to move up the ladder.

The housing ? fell on Stern's watch, a commissioner who decided to make a dress code because players were too "urban" smh. A commissioner who gift wrapped Chris Paul to the Clippers knowing the racist history of the Owner. Sterling has already said ? a fine and he's suing the league to postpone any punishment he may face. The only way the players can make a difference is by boycotting if he still owns the team come next season. Or Silver has to seriously threaten to dissolve the Clippers and immediately move to instate an expansion team in Los Angeles to take their place. At the very least, he should allow players to void their contracts to play for other teams.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sr
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

The housing ? fell on Stern's watch, a commissioner who decided to make a dress code because players were too "urban" smh. A commissioner who gift wrapped Chris Paul to the Clippers knowing the racist history of the Owner. Sterling has already said ? a fine and he's suing the league to postpone any punishment he may face. The only way the players can make a difference is by boycotting if he still owns the team come next season. Or Silver has to seriously threaten to dissolve the Clippers and immediately move to instate an expansion team in Los Angeles to take their place. At the very least, he should allow players to void their contracts to play for other teams.

To be honest i know black coaches in communities who made their players dress to a certain level of class. My older relatives had to wear shirt and tie to certain stuff so people in our own commnity demand us to dress to be respected. Stern just happens to be jewish so ? got all salty. Look im not saying stern didn't have his issues. But point blank cat made it a players league and wanted to give the players power to market their last name and number.

Point blank then entire league ignored the hundreds of articles from Jounalist's telling people about this bulllshit. Black players, black coaches (doc), white owners, and the former stern regime equally share the blame. The ? ? at the NAACP gave him an award because he threw money at black charities that is a ? shame ? the NAACP. You can't single out stern ? the players should have protested that ? on the housing discrimination/? around with a legend in baylor when he was wronged. But ? salty over a tape?

And again i don't think you understand how complicated it would be to have the whole team leave contracts and start a new franchise. Point blank nothing they can do outside of sterling dying will change ? overnight. Because again Sterling could care less about losing money. His racist wife (who profiled tennants for her husband) wont give up legally. The courts can't speed up the resulting lawsuits and due process which in time will change ? .
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have no legal grounds to stand on. Sterling has a contract he agreed to, that states that he has to abide by certain rules determined by the commissioner. Because the terms of ousting an owner are ambiguous, the commissioner has final say in how it should be interpreted. California is a community property state, which means that if/when the Clippers are stripped from Donald Sterling, the are also stripped from his wife.

By the way, I am in no way against a dress code for your work place. It's professional and makes a great impression on potential investors. But Stern was going at cornrows, locks, baggy clothes, etc. that were specific to African Americans - the bulk of players and stars that have made the league what it is. We can say the entire league looked the other way when this stuff was happening, but maybe people were making noise about it and it was just being ignored by Stern. Remember, Elgin Baylor and other Clipper employees have been complaining about racism for a while now. Perhaps the players saw the new commissioner as someone with a different mindset on the matter, that would take their concerns seriously