First Posters For ‘Macbeth’ Starring Michael Fassbender & Marion Cotillard

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fd1oi7t5trwfj5d.cloudfront.net%2F17%2F51%2F406f6465454c8df6ce69e2ca6bb4%2Fmacbeth.jpg

Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard and “Snowtown murks” director Justin Kurzel making a grim and ? adaptation of Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”? Yes, please. And please file away at the top of 2015’s Most Anticipated Films list.

“It’s the first time I’ve played a character with no light, total darkness,” Marion Cotillard told Variety recently of playing the iconic manipulator Lady Macbeth. “And when she loses control … I’m affected by the character I live with when I’m shooting, so I lost control of everything, like her, and it was really hard to handle.”

She also recently described the character to The Independent, calling it her dream role. “The depth of humanity in her – but it’s all driven away by fear and despair. How you do things to have a better life – but when they are against humanity, you will fail.”

She also had high praise for her co-star. “I saw a lot of movies [Fassbender] was in, and I have the feeling he’s reached another level here. When you start a scene and you don’t really know where you’re going to go, that’s a roller-coaster. Many times I was surprised by what he does in this movie, and this is priceless.”

Production has wrapped on “Macbeth,” footage was shown to buyers in the Cannes market this week and Kurzel is already working with Fassbender again on “Assassin’s Creed” which bodes well for this collaboration.

Will we see footage of the movie this week? Doubtful, but teaser elements are already appearing online. Today character posters of Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard have surfaced on Twitter. No release date yet and while the movie has finished produciton and ostensibly could be done in time for TIFF or other fall film festivals, this writer’s bet is something of this stature will be saved for Cannes 2015.

macbeth-fassbender.jpg
macbeth-cotillard.jpg

Comments