'Black-ish' Trailer (ABC)

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Looks terrible and racist.
Have you ever watched Modern Family and wondered where all the black people are? Enter Blackish, ABC’s upcoming family comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNqqjDv6_dU

Comments

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The biggest disappointment about this show... if Laurence Fishburne is doing this than more than likely he doesn't survive the fight with Hannibal.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ...................just off the title alone and being carried on network tv

I get the aim.. but people are just to stupid to properly digest it

word to others .. in viewing the boondocks, chappelle show what have you
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Nosign for what
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it aint gonna work at all...
  • S.jR.
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    The biggest disappointment about this show... if Laurence Fishburne is doing this than more than likely he doesn't survive the fight with Hannibal.

If he wasn't Black, I would say this is true. But Hollywood acts like there are only a dozen viable Black actors at any given time. Terrance Howard is starring in two brand new shows, both debuting this Fall on the same network.

True but he's executive producing it too. I think he moved on. Only time actors can double dip on shows is if they will die quick in one. Or it's only a guest starring role. Like seeing Mike Ross from Suits in Rosemary baby.. Black dude who leads the crew in SOA appearing in The Following to die a couple episodes in. I can't imagine he dies in a comedy he's producing when we clearly see he's struggling with a slit artery in his neck in Hannibal.

• S.jR.
    Options
    Or if it's a mini series.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not bad. ? always whining about something.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    i'm guessing the "big picture" here is how to redefine blackness in this generation where damn near everyone is fully assimilated.

i get it, but it will either be ahead of its time or wack. it won't last either way. i'll check out & support if possible but i don't see this lasting long. especially not on a regular network like abc. if this were adult swim or something similar it might have a chance.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I can give it a watch.

But then again it wont matter, the more views a good black show has these days its gon get canceled like Lincoln heights.
  • focus
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I'm tired of black films and tv shows about being black.

This. The show is two steps forward and three steps backwards. Yea, it looks like some actual production value is going into this, which is nice for a change. But damn, didn't The Huxtable's already break down this barrier? The Banks'? I don't ever remember either of them constantly and explicitly reminding everyone that "we are Black", even though they clearly represented the culture in many different ways. Even The Jefferson's was more subtle than this.

Why does a stable Black family have to be some anomaly or "trying to be white"?

And when it doesn't work and gets cancelled, it will be used as an example and reason for not making shows that predominately feature Black people.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won't make it to the 3rd episode before its off air.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish they picked picked a different premise but kept the setting and characters. Seems like we always gotta bring attention to our skin color
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Not bad. ? always whining about something.

why do black opinions have to be devalued?
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real talk black ppl go through these types of identity issues everyday and i commend the show for trying to discuss in a comedic setting to a large audience.

i think the show has its 'heart' in the right place and hopefully it works out some of the kinks as the show progresses.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    real talk black ppl go through these types of identity issues everyday and i commend the show for trying to discuss in a comedic setting to a large audience.

i think the show has its 'heart' in the right place and hopefully it works out some of the kinks as the show progresses.

Like I said previously...audiences ..are too stupid to"get it"..

And I agree I hate the title @kai
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ABC has a couple of 'weird' shows on Friday night like Neighbors and Suburbatory. Black-ish looks like it's in that vein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RLqcmkZh6Y
  • focus
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    ABC has a couple of 'weird' shows on Friday night like Neighbors and Suburbatory.

Suburbatory was on Wednesdays, but yea...two dope shows that so many people slept on. ABC just cancelled them both just recently. Same goes for Happy Endings and Cougar Town.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay but I remembered seeing one episode of Suburgatory on a Friday. It must have been a repeat or something. I think they're aiming for edgy comedy but it just coming across as 'weird'. If I was a weed smoker this would be a show I would watch.