Real Men Don't Listen to Commercial Hip Hop with all of N word and ? saying.

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
I'm sure if you survey working Black men you will find that a majority of them are not listening to commercial Hip Hop. Who want to go home after working 8 hours dealing with subtle racism and prejudgment by the other races and then put on a tape filled with N*ggas and ? 's. You will find some but not very many. they changed the suffix from er to a but it still have the same meaning.

And the powers that be knows about it very well and probably changed it just so they can say the word N*gga freely to troll us and cause strife low self esteem in our Community.

I'm not a Father but if I had kids a little girl I would never in a million years want her to dance in a strip club just so some rapper could make it rain. I thought that all of that money is going to the strippers anyway especially since they say making it rain is a write off.

This subculture of rap hip hop wasn't there at the very beginning and is clearly a distinct element of rap/hip hop that has been taken over by outside forces.

If black people as a whole isn't buying rap/hip hop anymore I wonder who is? And I wonder if they are buying it just so they can demoralize and degrade our community.

Comments

• BrilliantRapscallion
    BrilliantRapscallion Members Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Options
    Lol ok man. The first thing I do when coming home from my straight laced retail job is play Fight the Power.
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What music t/s that dont say ? and ? ?
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it ironic that Def Jam didn't wanna let Nas title his album "? ", but then years later let YG release a single called "My ? ". There's definitely some fuckery going on.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a song on untitled called N.I.G.G.E.R.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    its a song on untitled called N.I.G.G.E.R.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    My hitta my hitta
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grown men for the most part don't listen to any commercial music. That ? just doesn't sound good, no matter what genre. That kind of music is for the impressionable kids that like catchy ? .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blood hit his timbs it reminded me of them....
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with your assessment of what working Black men listen to is that it is a blanket assumption that I'm sure you didn't research at all. Our current president has stated that he listens to Nas and Hov. Ex Tennessee Senator Harold Ford Jr. used to catch flack on capitol hill all the time because he would pull up to work blasting rap music. Michael Eric Dyson, Stuart Scott, Stephen A. Smith, countless athletes and actors, lawyers and doctors, and other professionals listen to and bump rap music all the time.

Are these people not working Blacks, as you called them?? Puff and Hov aren't working Black men?? Perhaps the type of African American you're referring to are the type that feel embarrassed by embracing anything Black publicly and are fully acculturated to all things Euro-American. By the time a man is of working age, if he is still heavily influenced by rap to allow it to affect his family life, he isn't much of a man anyway.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh he said commercial rap, with a strong emphasis on commercial.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh he said commercial rap, with a strong emphasis on commercial.
    To that point you're right.

Cornell I'm sure ain't blastin Weezie or Drake to Princeton. I'm sure Common's "Finding Forever" stay on repeat when he listen to hip-hop, tho.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wasnt nas, jay, the wu, scarface, public enemy, gangstarr, outkast, pac, ice cube and a million other ? 's considered 'commercial' at some point in their careers?

why is it so hard to wrap your head around the fact that music is entertainment?
    do real men only watch PG rated movies?
    is there not a time & place for everything?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    o boy...so are you saying the word ? is not used in underground hip hop?

im a father of a 20 year old daughter. i am hip hop and so is my wife. my daughter has been exposed to it all her life. she is hip hop as well. she is not working at a strip club. she just finished her soph. year of college but it has nothing to do with hip hop. i like to believe it has everything to do with the way her mom and i raised her. a rapper wasnt her role model...we were. i spent way more time with my daughter than mtv or bet or hot 97.

with that said tonight is my strip club night...thirsty thursday lmao...so imma go home kiss the wife...sit down eat...take a shower get dress. kiss the wife again meet my ? at the bar and make it rain!!!!!

salute to you for being a modern day parent who parents their kid. this is one of the biggest issues in society right now. all these parents ? about rappers and athletes and how they aren't "role models". Parents ? about the ? on tv having too much sexual content. But they don't wanna teach and be a parent. They want to put parenting "in gods hands" or the cable networks.

• Red_Eyez
    Red_Eyez Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course they don't it's all teenagers who eat up all this McDonalds trash out now
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Braxton is that you?

jamie_foxx_show.JPG
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen to whatever I want to, and that includes commercial rap
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who dont listen to commercial rap are ? .like why would you go out your way to not listen to somethin others enjoy
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People who dont listen to commercial rap are lames.like why would you go out your way to not listen to somethin others enjoy

fixed

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listen to rap depending on the quality.