MS Judge Accused Of Smacking Mentally Disabled Black Man, Yelling, ‘Run, N-gger, Run’

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bill-Weisenberger.png

A Mississippi judge was accused of striking a mentally disabled black man and yelling, “Run, n-gger, run.”

The family of 20-year-old Eric Rivers filed a complaint against Madison County Justice Court Judge Bill Weisenberger in connection with the May 8 incident at the Canton Flea Market, reported the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.

The executive director of the state Judicial Commissioner said, if the allegations are true, Weisenberger would have violated multiple canons of the Judicial Code of Ethics.

Canton’s former mayor and current president of the town’s NAACP branch called on the judge, a former law enforcement officer and former emergency operations director in Madison County, to step down from hearing cases until the matter is resolved or just resign.

“This is 2014, not 1960, where someone could slap a young man and call out, ‘Run, n-gger, run,’” said William Truly, NAACP chapter president and former mayor.

Truly said defendants should not have to face judge who holds “such a high degree of racial animus and hatred.”

The former mayor said he expected a grand jury to eventually hear the case, and the NAACP plans to file complaints with the Judicial Performance Commission, the state attorney general’s Vulnerable Adult Unit, and the Justice Department.

Cathy Hendrix, a vendor at the flea market, said Rivers had asked for work so he could earn money for a bicycle.

The vendor’s sister, Tammy Westbrook, said she saw Weisenberger “rear back and slap” Rivers twice, and she said the judge yelled out “run, boy, run,” and “run, n-gger, run.”

Westbrook said the judge then bragged about what he’d done.

“I do not care if this young man was being a nuisance,” said Hendrix, who is white. “I do not care if he were breaking a law, I do not care if he were loitering, but I do care that a man of authority, one that is sworn to protect and serve, was slapping a young man.”

Hendrix said Weiseberger then told a female vendor he would make her park away from her booth, and when the woman suggested he “change his tone,” the judge said he would only talk to her husband because he didn’t take orders from women.

Both women said they initially thought Weiseberger was a law enforcement officer because he was wearing a security officer’s uniform – but they later learned he was a judge.

Under Mississippi law, elected justice court judges are required only to hold a high school diploma, although legislators recommended in 2007 that they should hold a higher degree, preferably a law degree.

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't surprised. They got some senator running for election down here. Dude be talking bout getting the government out of mississippi. Big ass confederate flags and I done had it out with three of these hicks so far. Damn near killed that son'? over some socks.

I'll be glad when I'm back in Louisiana. I'll at least have some cosigns if I get locked up back home.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These cave people has high paying job positions but still have the urge to ? up.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

Under Mississippi law, elected justice court judges are required only to hold a high school diploma, although legislators recommended in 2007 that they should hold a higher degree, preferably a law degree.

The ? ? ? 's like a third world country.

Mississippi is a 3rd world country
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all white people need to die.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprised he didn't get hit w the retarted strength
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A. Smith would probably agree 100 % with this dude.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    jono wrote: »

They've been near the bottom or at the bottom in ranks of poverty&education for years so you might have a point.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »

They've been near the bottom or at the bottom in ranks of poverty&education for years so you might have a point.

Exactly.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What astounds me is that in 2014, where everyone knows even the HINT of racism will get a person crucified in society, brazen-ass saltines still gives no ? , and continue to do hill billy ? .

? em. Strip em all of judicial power he has.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm from New Orleans and we're not to much better

But

At least Louisiana got good food and bad ? .
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    lmao @ "preferably" a law degree. Like that ? is a ? suggestion.

Bomb Mississippi please...blacks too. Carpet bomb the whole ? state. So ? embarrassing and useless. Mississippi is so ? embarrassing and useless to this country that Katrina wiped out part of their state too and til this day people openly dont give a ? .

The President didnt react quick enough to save N.O. and people were ? . But only like 13 FEMA employees came to Mississippi and the whole country was like, "SEEMS LEGIT."

The WORLD hates these ? breh.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only in America...
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    lmao @ "preferably" a law degree. Like that ? is a ? suggestion.

Bomb Mississippi please...blacks too. Carpet bomb the whole ? state. So ? embarrassing and useless. Mississippi is so ? embarrassing and useless to this country that Katrina wiped out part of their state too and til this day people openly dont give a ? .

The President didnt react quick enough to save N.O. and people were ? . But only like 13 FEMA employees came to Mississippi and the whole country was like, "SEEMS LEGIT."

The WORLD hates these ? breh.

I ? with Big K.R.I.T. though
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'll never complain about florida again.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh, this jug head ? .
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mississippi is so assbackwarda smh.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I'm from New Orleans and we're not to much better

But

At least Louisiana got good food and bad ? .

I'm from Bama and we're usually battling MS for that bottom spot.

But

I'll get back wit ya when I figure out what we have that's good, besides football.