Tupac Shakur "5 Prophecies Fulfilled In His Music"

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
"Under Pressure"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUY_Mjaeplg&feature=player_embedded

Lyrics: "Right before I die, I'll be cursin' the law / Reincarnated ? , even worse than before"

Story: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.28904/title.tupac-s-last-words-revealed-by-police-officer

"Against All Odds"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUxQFlaIiSk&feature=player_embedded

Lyrics: "Promised a payback, Jimmy Henchman, in due time / I know you ? ? is listenin', The World Is Mine / Set me up, wet me up, ? stuck me up / Heard the ? guns bust but you tricks never shut me up"

Story: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20218/title.jimmy-henchman-rosemond-confesses-to-his-involvement-in-the-quad-studios-tupac-shooting

"? Bless The Dead"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3TuASrd_k&feature=player_embedded

Lyrics: "Rest in peace to my ? Biggie Smalls / That's right boy, it's goin' on right here / Thug Life, ? bless the dead"

Story: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13603/title.new-information-emerges-in-notorious-big-murder-investigation

[Editor's Note: While there has been speculation as to whom Tupac referenced in this song — some sources say it was Biggie Smallz, and not the Notorious B.I.G. — the timing of Tupac's line with regard to the passing of the Notorious B.I.G. shortly thereafter is enough to consider this line a premonition.]

"? Done Changed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDAIjPEgTpY&feature=player_embedded

Lyrics: "I been shot and murdered, can't tell you how it happened, word for word / But best believe ? ' gonna get what they deserve"

Story: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.17135/title.former-detective-greg-kading-clarifies-his-shocking-allegations-regarding-the-murder-of-tupac-shakur

"Changes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL5sdu3pNrU

Lyrics: "And although it seems heaven sent, we ain't ready to see a Black President"

Story: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6578/title.barack-obamas-i-have-a-dream-speech

Comments

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knew that president line was gona b there.tho id say pac got it wrong unless you consider we became ready in 09 from1995 wen he said it to have one
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I first heard that "shot and murdered" line I couldn't understand how he pulled that off. And till this day, that ? baffles me
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "Biggie Smallz" line was debunked years ago and the president line doesn't really make sense because we have a Black president.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    The "Biggie Smallz" line was debunked years ago and the president line doesn't really make sense because we have a Black president.

He didn't say we'd never get one he said we weren't ready for one back in 95/96 & he was right. Even in Obama's memoirs he said if he had run at any other time it wouldn't have worked, the time he decided to run was the moment he was looking for, it was just right where everyone was socially conscious and open. John McCain said the same thing a few years back.

It still wasn't a prophecy
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I ws gon make a thread about ? Bless the Dead before. Easily the eeriest song ever. Yea it isnt about THE Biggie Smalls, but ngga when i first heard it and heard this line:

The other day, I thought I seen my homeboy Biggy
    Sayin ? don't stop ? no pity

article-2197399-14CD70AA000005DC-921_634x334.jpg

I got scared Lol I thought it sounded like how an actual 2pac diss to a deceased Biggie would sound, like he feel for the loss of his old friend, but...'no pity'. And i thought the '? dont stop' was a jab at 'and we cant stop...we dont even know how to stop' ? Puff used to say. Yea, a young ngga was spooked at this song Lol

And to cap it all off, of all people featured on it it had to be Stretch, who died a year to the day after Pac got shot in NY
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The greatest
    more than just a rapper
  • freethewave
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I ws gon make a thread about ? Bless the Dead before. Easily the eeriest song ever. Yea it isnt about THE Biggie Smalls, but ngga when i first heard it and heard this line:

The other day, I thought I seen my homeboy Biggy
    Sayin ? don't stop ? no pity

article-2197399-14CD70AA000005DC-921_634x334.jpg

I got scared Lol I thought it sounded like how an actual 2pac diss to a deceased Biggie would sound, like he feel for the loss of his old friend, but...'no pity'. And i thought the '? dont stop' was a jab at 'and we cant stop...we dont even know how to stop' ? Puff used to say. Yea, a young ngga was spooked at this song Lol

And to cap it all off, of all people featured on it it had to be Stretch, who died a year to the day after Pac got shot in NY

That'b a dope thread.i remember hearin that for 1st time to.had me tryin to figure how hes rip'in someone died after him

Even tho its about another rapper still a hell of a coincidence considering the events that followed after.and pac knew The notorious big at time so even hed know the listeniner must get him in they head.or not
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is the greatest
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    2pac is cool with me but this is why as you've been seeing lately hes getting pushed to the side alot in terms of discussions. Like cmon, talk about reachiiiing..so cuz some random cop said he said "? the police" as he was shot that makes it true? Okey well..he also said dont let Dre put his ? in my mouth, no? Aint that what Suge said?

These post death myths gotta stop. Theyre so ridiculous. And lists like these are just...they have made aloooot of money making, fabricating and ? about him for years because of guys like yall..

Remember when they made up all types of ? about Suge when Death Row was brand new? Now out of all of that most ? was bogus &/or exaggerated..so think when an artist dies.

I know cats are gonna hit the feelings button but why cant u be honest about ur opinions?

Keep making money of 2pac fans tho internets..i guess. 2pac was just a rapper who at one time was popular like many before and after him. All this extra stuff..jesus.

Go check D'Angelos ex managers letter to D'Angelo..so again, think when we talk about an artists whos dead..thats how the industry works and unfortunately 2pac is looked like a Jesus for real.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    People need to realize all the "shot mudered" "shot, resurrected" type of lines he spit were ALL about his first shooting and that brush with death.

People to stop with the spooky PAC prediction ? ,
    There's so much great, insightful, REAL ? he said that gets not enough attention.

Peep the singer in "u can be touched original."

---"you know the government created AIDs."

Basically the WHOLE Blasphemy song among many many many others.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KamPushMe
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Tupac knew he was gonna die

Just like Jesus
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all need to understand what a prophecy is. to say biggie smalls is gonna die isnt prophecy. we all will die. to say we aint ready for a black president...look at our country...we all knew that. to say jimmy henchman gonna get what is coming...well we all say that about someone when we mad. a propehcy usually has some details.

some stuff pac said might be crazy but no more of a prophecy than anything other ? spit

Look man, you wanna see me locked up, shot up
    Moms crotched up over the casket, screamin' bastard
    Cryin', know my friends is lyin'
    Y'all know who killed 'em filled 'em with the lugars from they Rugers
    Or they Desert, dyin ain't the ? but it's pleasant - Biggie Smalls

• S2J
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

Just like Jesus

I'm def not gon go that far, but
    y'all need to understand what a prophecy is. to say biggie smalls is gonna die isnt prophecy. we all will die. to say we aint ready for a black president...look at our country...we all knew that. to say jimmy henchman gonna get what is coming...well we all say that about someone when we mad. a propehcy usually has some details.

some stuff pac said might be crazy but no more of a prophecy than anything other ? spit

I'm also not gon marginalize him either. The dude was different.

In the event of my Demise
    when my heart can beat no more
    I Hope I Die For A Principle
    or A Belief that I had Lived 4
    I will die Before My Time
    Because I feel the shadow's Depth
    so much I wanted 2 accomplish
    before I reached my Death
    I have come 2 grips with the possibility
    and wiped the last tear from My eyes
    I Loved All who were Positive

H e didnt "predict" anythign per say, but just the depth, the preoccupation, the forethought were all different.
  • freethewave
    Options
    *plays the 7 day theory*
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stretch being on ? bless the dead makes it obvious at this point that they're talking about the other biggy(the way the other guy spelled it ) smalls
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody be saying Pac was incorrect for saying we weren't ready for the black president, but ignore the fact that Pac originally recorded those songs (I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto & Changes) way back in 1992.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    America still ain't ready for a black President.
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

Just like Jesus

H e didnt "predict" anythign per say, but just the depth, the preoccupation, the forethought were all different.

the ? had been shot so death will be on ur mind heavy. i got hit young and its all i thought about after. i went got life insurance....did a will...wrote letters to family and friends saying dont cry for me. its no different than anyone who been thru something....car accident, house fire, shooting, robbery, whatever...its how the mind of most normal folks work. u come close to death and u become consumed with it. u try and get ur house in order. u want ur loved ones to know u loved them. saying im gonna die before my time is nothing. all the drugs i did in my life...the evil ? i have done in my life...my ? up way of eating...smoking...im probably gonna die before my time too.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently Reed Richards posts on the IC
  • S2J
    Options

Just like Jesus

the ? had been shot so death will be on ur mind heavy. i got hit young and its all i thought about after. i went got life insurance....did a will...wrote letters to family and friends saying dont cry for me. its no different than anyone who been thru something....car accident, house fire, shooting, robbery, whatever...its how the mind of most normal folks work. u come close to death and u become consumed with it. u try and get ur house in order. u want ur loved ones to know u loved them. saying im gonna die before my time is nothing. all the drugs i did in my life...the evil ? i have done in my life...my ? up way of eating...smoking...im probably gonna die before my time too.

2pac-Pain...before he got shot in NY

I'm drinkin' hennessey
    Runnin from my enemies
    will I live to be 23

He died at 25.

These sorry ? want to ? me in my sleep

He checked out of the hospital in NY b/c he kept gettin calls and felt they would come get him in there.

Don't let 'em make you worry
    Keep swingin' at these suckas till you buried

I mean the ngga got killed for 'swinging' the very day he was shot in Vegas.

I was born to raise hell, a ? from the gutta,
    Word to ? I'm touched
    I'm kickin dust up
    Ready to bust

Like he later said 'You (Jimmy Hentchman) told me dont go to war unless i got my money right. I got my money right, now i want war'. 'Kickin dust up', aka startin ? , when he linked with Suge, he cam eback startin ? . ? the east coast-west coast beef, he literally started a Blood-Crip war. Remember the dude they tortured tryin to get Puff's address???

I dont know why yall so seriously try to downplay 2pac.
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options
    im not downplaying pac...he was a great rapper but he was no prophet. black men were struggling to make 21 so asking if u make 23 wasnt nothing new. i bet he did check out the hospital...when a ? try and ? ya ass that ? is all in ur head. keep swinging until u buried? are u serious? any man will keep fighting in life in general until he is buried. thats not a prophecy thats just a real man way of thinking. dont fold under the pressure or stress of life ? . u keep doing ya thing until ya heart stop beating (wether its natural causes or bad luck).

what does a gang war have to do with this ? ?
  • freethewave
    Options
    Someone sticky this thread.I could read Pac quotes all day
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    We need a official tupac thread