What the f@&£ is the point in foreign hip hop?

Options
freethewave
freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone heard a 16 but its been in french?any rap that aint in english can b left alone.made this cause someone tried to put me onto to some artist n dude did his whole freestyle in french.sons like "dope,right?"smh
Chino xl put a french dude on one of his tapes.why tho

Anyone else heard or got examples of foreign rap

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Closest thing I can listen to is British rappers. I remember DipSet had them British ? .

I can't really think of any great foreign rappers. David Dallas is dope but he speaks English.

I guess ? gets lost translation.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Closest thing I can listen to is British rappers. I remember DipSet had them British ? .

I can't really think of any great foreign rappers. David Dallas is dope but he speaks English.

I guess ? gets lost translation.

*in

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    strictly English and alil Spanish rap (cause i understand it)

only song i actually liked idk wtf they saying in German could be cursing me the ? out for all i know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOv947I9yc0&feature=kp
  • DaGoods
    DaGoods Members Posts: 6
    Options
    SMH. And people wonder why hip hop is dying. People want to cut off fans just because they can't understand the language.
  • freethewave
    Options
    Whenever bet has the hip award cyphers and they put on one of those wacc ass french,german or afrikan rappas wit the sub titles like it's a kung fu flick I be rollin them ? suck and they're doing it wrong

He gets it
    DaGoods wrote: »
    SMH. And people wonder why hip hop is dying. People want to cut off fans just because they can't understand the language.

He doesnt

How many people know a second language for real?so pointless to everyone else.its more laffable than wantin to cut fans off.and the logic dont hold up cos its fans of somethin noone understands.who cares they cut off
  • freethewave
    Options
    Whenever bet has the hip award cyphers and they put on one of those wacc ass french,german or afrikan rappas wit the sub titles like it's a kung fu flick I be rollin them ? suck and they're doing it wrong

He gets it
    DaGoods wrote: »

He doesnt

How many people know a second language for real?so pointless to everyone else.its more laffable than wantin to cut fans off.and the logic dont hold up cos its fans of somethin noone understands.who cares they cut off

log off. go get a passport. thank me later

? outta here.the majority of people who speak english as a 1st language only know that language.u gonna dispute that?

Go get a passport??
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has no point to we english speakers, of course. But overall this thread is basic as hell lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Only artist i listen to kicking it in another language is Bebel Gilberto and Les Nubians. IDK what the ? they be saying, but it sound good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22HL5ZOOHGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=engKVX9cboo

I was ? with that Japanese track on the De Le Soul album. Something about japanese people. They were sounding hype rappin like they ready to commit a kamikaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r774KpYtso

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Bruh let them ? cook. You're mother tongue is English.

Another ? 's might be French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic ..

What's the problem?

Cuz Hip hop was created in america and in this country we speak english.Keep that incoherent jibba jabber in the congo or the french guiana and people of your ilk can bump that trash.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Hip Hop is as much about rhythm as it is about rapping. That foreign ? be sounding off. They don't even sound like they matching syllables. ? be all over the place like they don't have enough words to play with. That why it's good having multiple words that sound similar or even the same but mean different things in different context. Unless it hawaiin.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    English rappers just sound feminine or like they trying too hard so it's not just about language.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it brings diversity in to the genre and while I prefer English in one form or another; I keep an ear and mind open when hearing a tune I like. For example I mess with some Spanish and Portuguese mc's and some Japanese producers. Also I like supporting music across the Afro-diaspora.
  • freethewave
    Options
    you realize this works the other way around right? ? .

Nope.u think foreign rappers dont understand pac,nas,cube?where u think they get influence from.most foreigners speak english as a second language so they rap fans can understand.yeah youl get some that only understand they own.but who cares bout mc frenchie.they cant understand jay,em,big but like rap music?they lost
    ?