• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is it worst than jax lmaomissles
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/P9SLI0gThJk
    Hurry up and get it before it is patch out.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jason so disrespectful..
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this ? lost its steam as soon as the ? dropped
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Wow Sonya drone ? gotta be the gayest ? I've ever seen
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the game is good, and there is a lot of cool ? about it. I don't like the gameplay though. It just feels clunky to me. And there is nothing wrong with a block button, but I don't like it in this game. The only game I've liked with a block button is Soul Calibur.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gotdamn jackie briggs with her ? machine gun..

i was that ? with the revolver and he wouldnt ? shoot
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you watch people who actually know what they are doing play the game its obvious its not clunky. A lot of ? just having rude awakenings about what they thought MK was. Its not forgiving at all. There is zero room for button mash. Even less so then SF.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Zero room for button mashing? Lol maybe on block but definitely see ? randomly punching the air hopping for random juggles. Watching pros play is boring as ? since they pretty much do one combo the whole match
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    When you watch people who actually know what they are doing play the game its obvious its not clunky. A lot of ? just having rude awakenings about what they thought MK was. Its not forgiving at all. There is zero room for button mash. Even less so then SF.

lol What are you talking about? There is way more room for button mashing than with SF. Because of the target combos and such, it's pretty easy to pull off four and five hit combos without even knowing what you're doing. Then add on the fact that the strongest moves in the game are literally performed by nothing more than pushing two buttons together, and you get a button mashers dream.

I also fail to see how people knowing how to play make the game less clunky. Just because people can become good at it and do well doesn't mean the gameplay is smooth. I think it's because of all the extra frames for attacks. Basically, MKX plays like a 2D fighter, but is animated like a 3D fighter. You don't have 2-in-1s in games like Tekken because the extra animations. MKX does have those, but it also has the extra animations, so the timing becomes less intuitive. It's certainly not less forgiving than the links used in SFIV. It's just weird timing when compared to other 2D games. That's not really a negative against the game. It's just something I don't really like about it.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Zero room for button mashing? Lol maybe on block but definitely see ? randomly punching the air hopping for random juggles. Watching pros play is boring as ? since they pretty much do one combo the whole matchWatching pros play is boring as ? since they pretty much do one combo the whole match

Hoping ain't getting.

As for pro play, the game is only 3 weeks old. Unless you mean all fighting games...
  • focus
    edited May 2015
    Options

I also fail to see how people knowing how to play make the game less clunky. Just because people can become good at it and do well doesn't mean the gameplay is smooth. I think it's because of all the extra frames for attacks. Basically, MKX plays like a 2D fighter, but is animated like a 3D fighter. You don't have 2-in-1s in games like Tekken because the extra animations. MKX does have those, but it also has the extra animations, so the timing becomes less intuitive. It's certainly not less forgiving than the links used in SFIV. It's just weird timing when compared to other 2D games. That's not really a negative against the game. It's just something I don't really like about it.

You kind of just proved my point. MK is not like most other 2D games.

Anyway, like I said, the game looks and plays plenty smooth and intuitively when the person actually knows what they are doing and not getting stuck crying about it being something its not...i.e. SF

Try telling SonicFox the game is clunky looking or playing. He has no problem with timing, but for a lot of ? who dont know what they doing, yes, the timing and controls will feel very strict and clunky. No fighting is smooth if you dont know how to play. But MKX looks like poetry in motion when the person knows what they are doing, just like any fighting game.

Its been 3 weeks. How about...go practice instead of complaining. *-:) *-:) *-:)
  • focus
    Options
    Those matches were pretty dope.

MK ain't even comparable to SF anymore. It's more like MvC without the tag mechanic. SF has never been that hype a game to watch to me and the playstyle of MK is more over the top like MvC whereas SF is one of the more reserved FGs.

lol. Guess MvC is "clunky" and "unintuitive" too now.

It is funny to see how some ? was all hyped seeing gameplay before the game released, then playing it themselves and realizing just how steep the learning curve is to duplicate that. Thats all i'm saying. Not sure why i'm getting push back on that? Oh yea,
    focus

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

You kind of just proved my point. MK is not like most other 2D games.

Anyway, like I said, the game looks and plays plenty smooth and intuitively when the person actually knows what they are doing and not getting stuck crying about it being something its not...i.e. SF

Try telling SonicFox the game is clunky looking or playing. He has no problem with timing, but for a lot of ? who dont know what they doing, yes, the timing and controls will feel very strict and clunky. No fighting is smooth if you dont know how to play. But MKX looks like poetry in motion when the person knows what they are doing, just like any fighting game.

Again, someone being good at a game doesn't mean the game isn't clunky. And I wouldn't say MKX looks like poetry in motion when pros play it. It still looks clunky. That doesn't mean it doesn't take skill to be good at it and it doesn't mean it's not fun.
    Those matches were pretty dope.

MK ain't even comparable to SF anymore. It's more like MvC without the tag mechanic. SF has never been that hype a game to watch to me and the playstyle of MK is more over the top like MvC whereas SF is one of the more reserved FGs.

lol. Guess MvC is "clunky" and "unintuitive" too now.

It is funny to see how some ? was all hyped seeing gameplay before the game released, then playing it themselves and realizing just how steep the learning curve is to duplicate that. Thats all i'm saying. Not sure why i'm getting push back on that? Oh yea,
    focus

You're getting pushback because you keep trying to distill people's opinions down the game being more difficult that some thought. It's not that difficult at all really. As people have noted, right now even elite gameplay seems to consist of players doing the same BnB combos over and over again. MK is not a hard game to play no matter how many different ways you try to say it. To me it just feel awkward playing it because of the weird timing, but there's no real execution barrier. I haven't come up on anything that I didn't feel like I couldn't get if I didn't practice it enough. There are plenty of other games that have ? that I know after 5 secs of trying that I'd never be able to do.

Look I get it. You like the game and think it's great. I don't like the game as much as I thought, but I still think it's a good game and it changed my mind about MK as a series. Stop trying to make ? more than it is.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (((((((Nerd fighttt))))))
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of Sonic Fox I met him at Final Round a few months back
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Is he a real life furry?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is he a real life furry?

Yes
  • focus
    Options
    lol. Love my haters
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its funny that after all this years, people still argue about mk vs sf lol.

both of em arent the most complex, virtua fighter 5 still is a deeper and more complex fighter.

but nobody playes or played that game when it was out, ? wasnt fun to play against your friends/newbies etc.

mortal kombat never was the most complicated figher, but mk 9, injustice and this new one are fun as hell.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is he a real life furry?

Yes
    LOL
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options