Watch Seth Rogen And James Franco ? A World Leader In 'The Interview' Trailer

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bp4mi-gCcAA_piF.jpg
Seth Rogen and his frequent collaborator, Evan Goldberg, co-direct The Interview, which casts Rogen and Franco as a talk-show host and his producer, who score an interview with North Korean despot Kim Jong-Un. But once the interview is confirmed, the CIA approach the duo and demand that they use the opportunity to assassinate Kim Jong-Un… turning this into an impossible mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3uHftd5FQ

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Toilet humor and ? jokes...

I will watch it online tho
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will watch this extremely stoned and catch a few laughs.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ "Western Capitalist Pigs .."
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a good look, I don't think Kim will like being made fun of, dude already fired missles towards us before for practice and he had his uncle and ex killed. Dude gives no ?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Not a good look, I don't think Kim will like being made fun of, dude already fired missles towards us before for practice and he had his uncle and ex killed. Dude gives no ?

You heard this dude fired his weather forcasters because he said they weren't telling the weather properly?? This dude is got a ? complex like none that's ever been seen.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im anti north Korea but this is not a good idea and another case of white people habitually line stepping
    south4life wrote: »

um...Team America World Police??? ya'll reachin. North Korea can barely FEED its own army, their missiles are held together with duct tape, and even China is tired of their ? . (Wikileaks e-mails of Chinese diplomats confirms this)

I remember hearing ppl all scared bout how they were gonna invade after Olympus Falls came out lol. ? need to stop w/ this ? . Their ? nuclear tests were so tiny, scientists still debate whether they faked it by just sticking a thousand tons of dynamite in a mine and lighting a match lmao.

On June 25, 2014, North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency condemned the film (without naming it), promising a "merciless" retaliation if the film is released. "Making and releasing a film on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated," KCNA said, citing a government spokesman.

Yeah okay, they also promise to destroy America every other week when they aren't begging America for food. *Biggie voice* ? talkin' it but ain't livin' it. They're the nation-state equivalent of that crackhead homeless dude muttering random angry ? under his breath.
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    Sony Pictures is pulling out all the stops to keep its Seth Rogen-James Franco North Korea-set comedy The Interview from igniting a tinderbox.

Sources say the studio is digitally altering thousands of buttons worn by characters in the film — which on Aug. 8 was pushed from October to a prime Dec. 25 release — because they depict the actual hardware worn by the North Korean military to honor the country's leader, Kim Jong Un, 31, and his late father, Kim Jong Il (showcasing military decorations would be considered blasphemous to the nuclear-armed nation).

The North Korean outrage is similar to when Kim Jong-il, Kim Jong-un's father, was infuriated by Team America: World Police, a parody film by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, in which Kim Jong-il is the primary antagonist.[21] On July 11, the country's UN ambassador, Ja Song Nam, complained to the UN about the film on the grounds that "the production and distribution of such a film on the assassination of an incumbent head of a sovereign state should be regarded as the most undisguised sponsoring of terrorism as well as an act of war."[22]

On July 17, North Korea requested President Obama to halt the film's release. A statement by state-run news agency KCNA: "Our military and our people regard the supreme leader as more precious than their own lives."[23]

lmao
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL, I still remember when Kim Jong-Il and his media claimed he shot a 9 on the front 9 of a golf course. (Yes, that's 9 straight holes in one and obviously impossible) But anyways whenever he died the front page on ESPN.com read "The World's Greatest Golfer Has Died" That sounds like a great satire comedy right there.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    ^Bottom line we been mocking those 'tards for awhile and they ain't 'bout ? .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd hardly call this failing, as long as the movie gets released and there are no actual attacks then this ? is probably gonna make a good amount of money. look at all the free promo north korea is giving them
  • marc123
    edited December 2014
    Options
    On December 17, Sony cancelled the film's New York City premiere, and later that day, other chains, including AMC, Carmike Cinemas, Cinemark, Cineplex, Regal, and Southern Theatres announced that they would either delay or drop the film altogether from their lineups.[35] Sony ultimately announced that it would cancel the theatrical release of The Interview, stating that the studio "respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers", and that "we are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome."

GAAAAATTDAMNN!

Sony scared AF
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    terrorists rejoice!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole scenario funny as ?

Are these hackers really trolling or is the film an excuse to just cause havoc?
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats a pretty low bar set if any group ever wants to get a major movie release cancelled
  • Rampage12
    Options
    Im glad this movie is failing , white people always thinking they can get away with ? .

? seth rogen
    Go live over there then ? ass.

• Swiffness!
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ya'll killin me with this black solidarity for North Korea lol

But seriously, although i'm happy they exposed Sony executive racism, this is an example of cyberwar and terrorism threats working. Like the South Park ish w/ Muhammed where Comedy Central was literally bleeping dude's name.

and now Gore Verbinski won't be doing a North Korea thriller:

Yesterday, I was told by New Regency and Fox that Fox will no longer be distributing the film. Prior to that, the film was green lit and fully funded by New Regency with Fox distributing. I have been told in no uncertain words that based on the situation at Sony, Fox has now decided to not distribute the film. Without a distributor, New Regency was forced to shut the film down.

My thoughts:

I find it ironic that fear is eliminating the possibility to tell stories that depict our ability to overcome fear.

- Gore Verbinski

from those who saw it The Interview was apparently just another 2 hours of Seth Rogen weed and ? jokes anyway, but now we won't get something that might've been a good movie because of it. Ain't that a ? ?

At least the death scene leaked:

emdw62xaa1ywypjlemcg.gif

“We took out three out of four face embers,” Rogen wrote in an email. “Reduced the hair burning by 50%, and significantly darkened the chunks of Kim’s head.”

After months of back-and-forth emails Hirai eventually approved a variant of the scene referred to as “version 337” which reduced “face melting,” “fire in the hair,” “embers on the face” and the “head explosion,” Gawker reports.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did the company not think there would be any kinda backlash from this though? I bet they just seen "James Franco and Seth Rogen" and thought "MONEY!MONEY!MONEY!" and ok'd it
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i will watch it but seth rogan aint all that imo
    "this is the end" started pretty good and then turned into waccjuice somewhere
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Word is they might not even release it on dvd or on demand....