X-Men: Apocalypse To Take Place In 1983 (Characters Revealed)

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in Lights, Camera, Action!
In a nearly 2 hour podcast about X-Men: Days of Future Past with host Jeff Goldsmith, after 1 hour and 12 minutes in, Simon Kinberg reveals that the "next movie takes place in 1983," 10 years after Days of Future Past.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, and Evan Peters are expected to return, and it has been confirmed that younger versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm will appear, along with Gambit, and possibly a younger Nightcrawler.

X-Men: Apocalypse hits theatres May 27, 2016!

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The recasts we'be been waiting for. I have no doubt this movie will be great.

Still, I'd like them to somehow put the Fantastic Four in the X Men universe.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Hugh Jackman? Does this mean they are going to take the risky route and actually do an X-men movie without Wolverine?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now Gambit is going to be in Apocalypse
    hmmm no Wolverine either
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Hugh Jackman? Does this mean they are going to take the risky route and actually do an X-men movie without Wolverine?

he was only in origins for like 5 seconds. I really don't count him as part of that movie
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hugh Jackman sacked as Wolverine, looked like him but didn't have his raw animal instincts and plus sounded too logical and not emotional enough but beast like.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hugh Jackman has said for the last year that the next Wolverine solo movie will be his last time playing the role. When Tatum was cast as Gambit I called it that they would use him to fill that space in the next movie and that's exactly what it seems like they're doing. Funnily enough Tatum was the guy Jackman said he would've liked to replace him as Wolverine. Chances are when Wolverine is reintroduced in future movies (whether it's the eventual 1993 one or the one set in 2003) it'll be a new actor altogether.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who thev4 horsemen?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    In a nearly 2 hour podcast about X-Men: Days of Future Past with host Jeff Goldsmith, after 1 hour and 12 minutes in, Simon Kinberg reveals that the "next movie takes place in 1983," 10 years after Days of Future Past.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence, and Evan Peters are expected to return, and it has been confirmed that younger versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm will appear, along with Gambit, and possibly a younger Nightcrawler.

Lank please.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I'll just leave this here
    Not too long after Jackman’s first comments on this subject, Marvel announced that they’re planning to ? Wolverine off in the comic books. Will the films follow suit? Jackman’s been less and less cryptic about giving up the role.

But hold on a minute. At the Australian premiere of Days of Future Past, Jackman told IGN the following:

“At one point, you’re right, I said I was pretty sure [that 'Wolverine 3' would be my last outing in the role]. But I’m less sure as it goes along. Because after seeing this movie, the whole thing feels fresher to me than ever. And during this movie…I don’t want to spoil anything, but it’s kind of like a clean slate, so who knows where it’s going to go. As long as I have the passion for it and the fans will have me.”
    http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-future-past-hugh-jackman-more-wolverine/
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Nevermind Wolverine, they need to FINALLY get Cyclops right SMMFH...

That's what they're doing.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hugh Jackman sacked as Wolverine, looked like him but didn't have his raw animal instincts and plus sounded too logical and not emotional enough but beast like.

nah the problem was hugh jackmans wolverine was sensitive and not afraid to cry. the first xmen movie and the wolverine was the closest interpretation from the comics.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm almost afraid for this. Gambit is my favorite X-men character, but boy oh boy do they ? his character up a lot in the comics. And given the movies' track record for destroying characters, I'd hate to see what they do with him. With the way things are going in the world today, they'll probably turn him into a ? and having throwing his cards with a snap and a twirl.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

image.png
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tatum is more a comedic actor to me so I wonder if that's the slant they'll give this interpretation of Gambit.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any news of my favorite marvel character cable? Because him and apocalypse go hand in hand. Also wolverine has to be apart of this because he also plays a huge role when it comes to apocalypse. Unless they choose to make up some ? (which will be stupid) and make up something to leave them out.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    If you're expecting the movie to follow the comics verbatim, you are not going to have a good time.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my question is how and why they're going to gloss over the entire decade between DOFP and Apocalypse? You're telling me nothing happened of significance between the two movies? and the characters looking about the same age as they did a decade ago?

I just hope there's a valid reason to them skipping an entire decade ahead, or is it just to introduce characters like cyclops, jean, and storm as their younger selves?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cable has to be in it
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Cable has to be in it

If not someone is getting stabbed.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if it's going to be about the age of apocalypse
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my question is how and why they're going to gloss over the entire decade between DOFP and Apocalypse? You're telling me nothing happened of significance between the two movies? and the characters looking about the same age as they did a decade ago?

I just hope there's a valid reason to them skipping an entire decade ahead, or is it just to introduce characters like cyclops, jean, and storm as their younger selves?

And, why does any of it matter anyway since we've already been taken to the distant future at the end of DofP and know that everything well will be fine anyway regardless of what happens in 1983.

Storm, Jean and Scott are what...40 years old at the end of DofP? They being recasted as embryos for this?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cable has to be in it

Bruce Willis as çable
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cable has to be in it