• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A new dino crisis wouldnt hurt either.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I'm blaming @Sion‌ and @grouchygreg for this ? . Ya ain't ? at Capcom games and then have the nerve to do a hostile takeover?

? u ? .

*loads bullets and clapped ears off the ? *

lol Sion still aint played me in SF4

@bcotton5 whats your psn name? you and genocide. im rusty but we'll see whats good with my hugo! :)
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    I'm blaming @Sion‌ and @grouchygreg for this ? . Ya ain't ? at Capcom games and then have the nerve to do a hostile takeover?

? u ? .

*loads bullets and clapped ears off the ? *

lol Sion still aint played me in SF4

@bcotton5 whats your psn name? you and genocide. im rusty but we'll see whats good with my hugo! :)

smoke313
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it true Japanese companies cannot be acquired by a foreign entity?
  • earth two superman
    Options
    they can, its just a little complicated. they can do it thru mergers, assets, shares, or business transfer. They can merge with a ? MS division I guess. But I think in this case, brands fall into the business transfer category. IDK. I havent taken business classes in a long time so someone else could probably explain it better.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am convinced releasing a new Monster Hunter for the Vita could single-handedly save Capcom.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    nah, it would push Vita sales decently, but SAVE it?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Yeah, save was an exaggeration but it would definitely have put more yen in Capcom's pocket guaranteed. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP - 'the fastest selling PSP title ever in Japan', 'the fastest selling game in Capcom's history' and 'the best-selling PSP game ever' (thanks, Wikipedia). The thing with Vita owners is that they may not be as large in numbers as 3DS owners but they consume a shitload of games which other developers have previously attested to when talking about how their games have fared on different formats.

Monster hunting type games always sell well on portables in Japan - Toukiden doubled Vita sales on it's release in Japan alone and was the top selling Vita game in 2013 (thanks again, Wikipedia); a new Monster Hunter game would have cleaned up without even trying (Toukiden isn't even that great a game). Capcom not even bothering with a Monster Hunter for the Vita was just them turning down free money so I'm not surprised they're now broke.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, save was an exaggeration but it would definitely have put more yen in Capcom's pocket guaranteed. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for the PSP - 'the fastest selling PSP title ever in Japan', 'the fastest selling game in Capcom's history' and 'the best-selling PSP game ever' (thanks, Wikipedia). The thing with Vita owners is that they may not be as large in numbers as 3DS owners but they consume a shitload of games which other developers have previously attested to when talking about how their games have fared on different formats.

Monster hunting type games always sell well on portables in Japan - Toukiden doubled Vita sales on it's release in Japan alone and was the top selling Vita game in 2013 (thanks again, Wikipedia); a new Monster Hunter game would have cleaned up without even trying (Toukiden isn't even that great a game). Capcom not even bothering with a Monster Hunter for the Vita was just them turning down free money so I'm not surprised they're now broke.

They should have just went the nintendo route man, they sunk all that capital into IP's that tanked. I feel like that was a big stake in their coffin
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know what capcom spent all the money they made off of monster hunter 4...

the put it into their mobile gaming development. look how that turned out for them.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MS or Nintendo buying Capcom wouldn't be a good look. Not trying to play no sf game on no damn wiiu gamepad

As long as company that buys them out spread the love to all platform then i don't care who it is
  • earth two superman
    Options
    its gonna be more likely that the brands get bought out piece by piece, like what happened with THQ. I could see Monster Hunter going to nintendo.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MS or Nintendo buying Capcom wouldn't be a good look. Not trying to play no sf game on no damn wiiu gamepad

As long as company that buys them out spread the love to all platform then i don't care who it is

You do know that the Wii U also has a conventional controller right?

7115A2m702L._SX522_.jpg

Out of the 3 mainstream video game hardware manufacturers I'd rather Nintendo buy them because I know they'd at least treat games franchises like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Mega Man with the respect they deserve. At the same time while I wouldn't mind such software dominance from Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft I do think that Capcom at this point is healthier staying multi platform so in that sense I rather some obscure japanese media company merge with them instead.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Microsoft gonna buy it..their money too long
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

You do know that the Wii U also has a conventional controller right?

7115A2m702L._SX522_.jpg

Out of the 3 mainstream video game hardware manufacturers I'd rather Nintendo buy them because I know they'd at least treat games franchises like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Mega Man with the respect they deserve. At the same time while I wouldn't mind such software dominance from Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft I do think that Capcom at this point is healthier staying multi platform so in that sense I rather some obscure japanese media company merge with them instead.

Controller look horrible for fighting games

• Bcotton5
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Once that Lil Wayne and Drake tour happen they'll have plenty of money to blow

told yall, Lil Wayne and Drake performing with SF4 backgrounds lol

lil-wayne-drake-tour-buffalo-new-york5.jpg

lil-wayne-drake-tour-buffalo-new-york22.jpg

lil-wayne-drake-tour-buffalo-new-york25.jpg

140806-drake-lil-wayne-app-tour-game.jpg

lil-wayne-drake-street-fighter-app-tour2.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    edited August 2014
    Options
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just want someone to take Resident Evil back to it's roots.