The Official 2014-2015 College Football Thread

Options

Comments

• Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    They could have had Charlie Strong if they woulda fired Muschamp after last year. Maybe they'll go after Bob Stoops.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think the guy from Colorado State (rings under the saban regime, HC experience) or Chad Morris gets the Coaching Job. I would like to get Stoops, but he's already turned us down before numerous times. Foley needs to make a splash to send a message to the CFB world. Its on him this time. He can't hide behind billy donavan, urban meyer the softball and the gymnastics programs anymore.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

? up he had to go out like this but he'll be straight long term.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As Georgia running back Todd Gurley was serving a four-game suspension for accepting money for autographs, the University of Georgia spent more money on him to support him when he did get back on the field.

Sources told ESPN.com that, within the last two weeks, Georgia upped Gurley's insurance policy to $10 million in coverage -- $5 million for total disability if Gurley got injured and never played again and $5 million in loss of value insurance, which would kick in if Gurley injured himself and slipped in the draft.

Gurley, who tore his ACL against Auburn in his first game back, previously had $5 million in total disability and $2.5 million in loss of value insurance. The policy was written by International Specialty Insurance.

In his latest draft big board, published Nov. 12, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. listed Gurley as his No. 8 overall pick.

Sources say that Gurley would start to collect on his loss of value insurance if he slipped out of the first round. He would collect the full $5 million if he somehow went undrafted. He also could collect $5 million if the injury prevented him from ever playing again.

Sources say Georgia paid in between $50,000 and $60,000 for the policy. Over the last two years, the NCAA has allowed schools to pay such policies, most of which have been paid for through the Student Assistance Fund. The fund allows schools to pay for certain items for athletes in need, including insurance.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    FSU coaches told Miami coaches after the game we're the best team they've faced these last 2 years. Golden ? up in that 2nd half. Out of his league.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He went too conservative. they should have played aggressive all game. And then Dalvin thrashed them, and that was it
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i really don't know why i'm still a michigan fan

The Michigan Wolverines dismissed senior Frank Clark on Monday after police arrested the starting defensive end on domestic violence charges in Ohio this weekend.

Clark, a native of Cleveland, was arrested in the early morning hours Sunday and remained in the Erie County jail Monday morning before going before a judge.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Golden n nem went too conservative. They tried to eat some clock up by running more, but our adjustments took away what was working for them in the 1st half.
  • infamous114
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    I don't think Golden n nem went too conservative. They tried to eat some clock up by running more, but our adjustments took away what was working for them in the 1st half.

Yall took away the deep ball. It's why Dorsett became a non-factor. Kaaya missed Coley down the sideline deep.
  • infamous114
    Options
    ? eating clock, that's like playing not to lose. We had to go for the ? shot. Berrios dropped a TD that could have put us up 30-10 at halftime
  • bgoat
    Options

Yall took away the deep ball. It's why Dorsett became a non-factor. Kaaya missed Coley down the sideline deep.
    We took away the middle of the field by playing more nickle. Walford was a match-up problem the 1st half, he was killing our LB and even had a DE covering him on his TD.
    ? eating clock, that's like playing not to lose. We had to go for the ? shot. Berrios dropped a TD that could have put us up 30-10 at halftime

The run game was still working for y'all for the most part in the 2nd half, but Duke wasn't able to stay on the field late. Not having Gus hurt y'all RB rotation.
    Playing conservative you don't take shots down the field like y'all were doing.

Check out the play calling in the 2nd half @7:50 mark

http://youtu.be/58VV6m17vDQ
  • infamous114
    Options
    I wouldn't even say yall took the middle of the field. D-Linemen started putting their paws up and Ramsey was everywhere. We could have gotten major yardage on yall if it weren't for deflections at the LOS. Ramsey tipped one that Yearby could have been gone for a while. Can't believe we had only 2 options on that 4th down play at the end.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    come to auburn Will...need need a real DC

Hell nah, we need need that ? in Tallahassee
    Nah we good. Defense ain't as bad as most people think.

Meh, Darby and Hunter ain't never on the same page it seems like. I hold Kelly especially accountable when ? don't look good in the secondary because DBs are supposed to be his expertise.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i really don't know why i'm still a michigan fan

The Michigan Wolverines dismissed senior Frank Clark on Monday after police arrested the starting defensive end on domestic violence charges in Ohio this weekend.

Clark, a native of Cleveland, was arrested in the early morning hours Sunday and remained in the Erie County jail Monday morning before going before a judge.

I read the article on USA Today, apparently he beat the ? out of that girl, body-slammed her and everything.
  • bgoat
    Options
    come to auburn Will...need need a real DC

Hell nah, we need need that ? in Tallahassee
    Nah we good. Defense ain't as bad as most people think.

Meh, Darby and Hunter ain't never on the same page it seems like. I hold Kelly especially accountable when ? don't look good in the secondary because DBs are supposed to be his expertise.

Kelly ain't on the field to make the play tho. How is that his fault? At what point do we hold the players accountable?

The offense have been putting the D in bad spots all year. They've made stops and gotten the ball back when we needed it tho.

Muschamp ain't making this D look like last year D. Only Timmy, Telvin, Terrance, Lamarcus, Christian, Jacobbi, and Demonte can do that.

Pruitt didn't do any thing special, if he did he would have UGA D looking like world beaters. Hell, I heard Kelly and Sal was more responsible for the D success than Pruitt.

I don't get the Muschamp DC hype. Explain that to me.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His defenses at LSU were legit. Hell, he even put out a good defense at Auburn and them ? usually be mediocre to ass cheeks on defense. Muschump crashed and burned at Florida but he's still plugged in as far as recruiting in the state (not that we have an issue there, but it's still a plus).
  • bgoat
    Options
    His defenses at LSU were legit. Hell, he even put out a good defense at Auburn and them ? usually be mediocre to ass cheeks on defense. Muschump crashed and burned at Florida but he's still plugged in as far as recruiting in the state (not that we have an issue there, but it's still a plus).

I'm just gonna trust Jimbo with his coaching decision. I don't think Kelly is getting a fair shake with the fan base tho.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

uhh no Bro 2008 was when our defense started to suck, in the tubberville era we kept a top 20 defense

Infact muschamp had the worse defense of tubbervilles tenure

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many starters Miami expected to lose due to graduation/draft? Kaaya gonna be y'all best QB in a long long long long time.
  • infamous114
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    How many starters Miami expected to lose due to graduation/draft? Kaaya gonna be y'all best QB in a long long long long time.

Denzel Perryman our best defensive player. Duke is prolly going pro. Dorsett our deep threat is a senior
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably since Ken Dorsey dude look like a cold one
  • infamous114
    Options
    Real ? , I thought that final drive was going to be his Dorsey to Shockey moment lol. Drive started out well too then went to ? when Duke couldn't come back
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Denzel Perryman our best defensive player. Duke is prolly going pro. Dorsett our deep threat is a senior

That's what I figured y'all returning a lot of players. Perryman a problem hope we have an opportunity to draft him.
  • infamous114
    Options

That's what I figured y'all returning a lot of players. Perryman a problem hope we have an opportunity to draft him.

Yea, only issue he got is his height. He could drop a few pounds so he won't be so heavy but dude is a tackling machine. You don't have to worry bout missed tackles with him and he got great instincts.