So apparently we are due for an economic collapse on July 1st, 2014. (Video)

Options
Jungz
Jungz Members Posts: 991 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in The Social Lounge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmQMtpZ8c4M

What do yall think? Fear mongering? Or seems legit?

I remember watching a video on Obama a few years ago where they said something big was going to happen, right before the next election, that would call for martial law.. and that Barack would be "President" indefinitely because under the constitution, you have have elections while martial law is in effect. Maybe this is the event *kanye shrug*

And lets just say this were to actually happen... do ? have plans on what they would do?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time to buy some stocks/invest
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Time to buy some stocks/invest

Why would you buy before the crash?

Depends on the school of thought you subscribe to...i find that anytime analysts are unsure of a downturn, profits are there to be had in the long haul.

""Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful," Warren Buffett,"

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-surging-stock-market-too-late-to-buy-1403396354
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better not, if rumors are true I could be looking at getting a $3-$4 Pay Increase in July.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard for me to believe it's so soon, but we're due for one of epic proportions in the next few years. The way the dollars going is unsustainable with the debt and quantitive easing policies of the federal reserve.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I don't think it will happen, but....in theory....what was said in the video does make sense to an extent.

The biggest problem, however, is that the dollar is the world's reserve currency.

Therefore, there's no realistic scenario in which the U.S. economy collapses and every other country around the world is fine.

If we were to go down like that, the entire global economy would collapse right along with us.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The market will not crash July 1st 2014 SMMFH..... The United States will be on a good run for a very very long time. In history recessions occur usually once a decade (sometimes twice and it's usually at the start and near the end of a decade). The economy will not collapse.

American companies are sitting on the most cash in their history to invest, the economy has largely recovered, unemployment is still going down, housing is in a far better position now than it was, America will be oil independent by 2015 or 2020. Overall, the Americans will be fine.

The Chinese however, China will crash that much I can guarantee I don't know when but it will not be July 1st 2014. That much I'm sure about.

@Sion
    In your opinion how badly will the collapse of the Chinese economy effect the Western markets and global economy as a whole? Will it sink the world back down into recession as bad as the one we are just getting out of or worse?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Them greedy fat cat ? wont allow this.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    america will buy back it debt from china 10cents on the dollar...an then begin to buy china up.

i am not going to get into wht i saw when i was in china again...but it aint what people think it is.

dem chinks fixing to fall
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh...an you can make money with falling stocks...its called short sale and as long as you get it before the down turn you are good.

cant short sale something already falling
  • deadeye
    edited June 2014
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    oh...an you can make money with falling stocks...its called short sale and as long as you get it before the down turn you are good.

cant short sale something already falling

You actually can.

If a stock drops 10%, you buy it on a short sale, and then it drops (for example) another 6%....you've got a 6% gain.

And if it continues to drop from there you'll gain whatever the difference is between the drop and when you initially shorted the stock.

The only way you lose is if the stock goes above the price that you initially shorted it at.

Just like when "buying long" you lose if the stock goes below what you paid for it.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No you actually sell short if you think the stock in going to fall and buy to cover once the price drops to close your position and potentially make a profit. You don't "buy" on a short sale, you're borrowing shares you don't own to to sell thus the "short" in short sell.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    America will be oil independent by 2015 or 2020.

The Chinese however, China will crash that much I can guarantee...

Could you elaborate on these two points? I found them interesting and would like to hear more of your take on them.
  • deadeye
    Options
    No you actually sell short if you think the stock in going to fall and buy to cover once the price drops to close your position and potentially make a profit. You don't "buy" on a short sale, you're borrowing shares you don't own to to sell thus the "short" in short sell.

@thegreatunknown‌

Semantics.

You know what I meant.

The concept is still the same.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol hasn't China bought up a whole bunch of land and property in America? Why the hell would they just allow their economy to crash without cashing in?????

Don't they know our Texas border is wiiiiiiiide open right now?

Haven't they already made an agreement with Russia to drop the dollar altogether and use the Rubble?

Get ur head out the sand, the american dream is over. They TOLD YOU the stock market is rigged already and ? still tryna play it as legit lmao. Why are ppl so afraid to face the TRUTH? AMERICA IS FALLING AND ITS BY DESIGN
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Lol hasn't China bought up a whole bunch of land and property in America? Why the hell would they just allow their economy to crash without cashing in?????

Haven't they already made an agreement with Russia to drop the dollar altogether and use the Rubble?

Get ur head out the sand, the american dream is over. They TOLD YOU the stock market is rigged already and ? still tryna play it as legit lmao. Why are ppl so afraid to face the TRUTH? AMERICA IS FALLING AND ITS BY DESIGN

By who though?
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

@thegreatunknown‌

Semantics.

You know what I meant.

Not exactly...what you described is basically an open position...no gain would be realized until its closed...confusing a buy vs sell is more than semantics. If you broker did something similar and you missed a potential gain you wouldn't accept it's semantics for why that happened...

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

By who though?

Million dollar question to which many ppl provide different answers

But most agree that SOMETHING is behind this. And it ain't happen overnight with one president.
  • deadeye
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

@thegreatunknown‌

Semantics.

You know what I meant.

Not exactly...what you described is basically an open position...no gain would be realized until its closed...confusing a buy vs sell is more than semantics. If you broker did something similar and you missed a potential gain you wouldn't accept it's semantics for why that happened...

I understand what you're saying.

What you said was technically correct.

The way I described it is just easier to understand for people who've never heard of short-selling.

Same thing with the gains.

The gains I was referring to would technically be called unrealized gains until they were sold or "bought to cover."
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Ain't this the truth? America is indeed falling off a cliff financially and I'm seeing more homeless people outside then ever before, and I allegedly live in the richest city in America lol. I'm also seeing more and more people putting cans and bottles into those 5 cent things in the supermarket or near them. I'm tempted to take pics of the homeless camps and group hang outs I'm seeing in the Bronx and Manhattan now.

I don't think the economy will crash July 4th but with so many cities, states, and the feds in massive debt, I wouldn't be surprised at anything. Let's hope Russia and China aren't serious about those plans HAHA! We're on our own.