Do you keep reliving your past.....

Options
Kliimaxx
Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
And wishing you could change it / some experience in it?

Do you keep reliving your past..... 41 votes

Yes
7%
Will MunnyMelqart_Lefty 3 votes
No
12%
dwade206kzzlNothingButTheTruth32DaysOfInfinitiAZTG 5 votes
Sometimes
56%
jonobigduece69KINGECOff&OnlamontbdcMrCrookedLetterBussy_Getta Mister B.VulcanRavenCrude_s3nterocksatribecalledgabiCashmoneyDuxTrillfateRahlowMARIO_DROBrideofKillaaka_OGKingFreemanMoneyPowerRespect 23 votes
No Regrets
24%
[Deleted User]achewon87damobb2deepRasta.WestieMeta_ConsciousdakidfrankieonetoughmiracleLadyZeeMike. 10 votes

Comments

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    Sometimes it's necessary to reflect on past in preparation for the future.

If you dwell on the past that's a problem though.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Yes
    Regrets are a part of life, everybody has them, what seperates the lesson from depression is whether you'll let them consume you or not. Them old case quarter ? on the block talkin that back in the day ? once had our vitality and aspirations, but somewhere along the way they let their mistakes bury em. like i said everybody make mistakes but sometimes you get so bogged down by your failures that it becomes a part of you and drags you down forever. We all make mistakes. You just gotta keep it movin and learn from em. As long as you breathin you ain't beyond redemption.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Regrets
    u got to learn to live with regrets...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    There are times where I say to myself if I had made a better decision at some point I'd be better off now.

That said, changing the past would change who you became and who you are.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    jono wrote: »
    There are times where I say to myself if I had made a better decision at some point I'd be better off now.

Yea bruh, but if you never made some of the mistakes you made, you wouldve never learned to handle the position you in now.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    jono wrote: »

Yea bruh, but if you never made some of the mistakes you made, you wouldve never learned to handle the position you in now.
    Exactly. Just got to keep reminding myself of that a few times per week.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Regrets
    I almost wanna say sometimes on things i could do differently but i am where i am because of the past so i have to live with them...."No one has been an adult before but everyone's been a kid before"
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Not really change anything, but honestly I need to just be done with school.

I've be reliving my life from the stand point that Ive been all over for school but I've really been living the exact same life with the exact same people just with different faces.
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Regrets
    live in the past...you stay in the past
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Regrets
    0 regrets...

All that ? helps shape who you are today...
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    A lot more than sometimes yet not enough to be living in it. If I could I would I would redo a lot of mistakes I have made be it in school, family, or relationships. A lot of the time is when I have nothing going in my life, you know idle hands are the devils playthings. But I can't redo em, that is why its the past. Its important to learn from it but to sit around and think about it all the time can ? a person when they could be looking forward to a brighter future.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    achewon87 wrote: »
    0 regrets...

All that ? helps shape who you are today...

People who killed people while driving ? say the exact same thing!
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Live, learn lessons and incorporate the improvements.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The past, present and future exist on the same plane. As beings populating a giant rock speeding through space our existence isn't determined by past, present or future. It's decided by the things that accumulate within our energy field throughout our travel through space. One doesn't live within the past, present or future. We are the physical manifestation of the chaos that exists within the catalyst that has yet to figure out why it began in the first place.

Time is what dumb smart ? invented to package the unexplainable.

Our experience is relative to the emotion it evokes within the soul.

You can never repeat a moment that existed and never existed at the same time.

One is never stuck in a particular time but they can be stuck in a particular emotion that came about during a particular stitch in "time".

Ppl don't live in the past. They live in a feeling.
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    Jesse Powell - Something In The Past: http://youtu.be/dvrJ8oOd8jA

One way did it better.. But this thread reminded me of this song
  • Kliimaxx
    Kliimaxx Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GAHDZILLAH wrote: »
    The past, present and future exist on the same plane. As beings populating a giant rock speeding through space our existence isn't determined by past, present or future. It's decided by the things that accumulate within our energy field throughout our travel through space. One doesn't live within the past, present or future. We are the physical manifestation of the chaos that exists within the catalyst that has yet to figure out why it began in the first place.

Time is what dumb smart ? invented to package the unexplainable.

Our experience is relative to the emotion it evokes within the soul.

You can never repeat a moment that existed and never existed at the same time.

One is never stuck in a particular time but they can be stuck in a particular emotion that came about during a particular stitch in "time".

Ppl don't live in the past. They live in a feeling.

Great answer, but you coulda just picked one a da poll answers, an' kept it moving

Goodbye
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    You're suppose to use your past experiences to advance and learn the game. Never understood people holding on to regrets, to me regrets are the product of fear & can paralyze you from proceeding. Cuz what would you do if you weren't afraid ? Everything happens for a reason and sometimes it's ? trying to show you lessons and testing you. Aint no use in hanging on to what could of been cuz you could say it never really was and bitterness keeps ya stuck. You can always shine if you allow it and let go.

strange as hell but i just pictured the dog in your avi reciting this whole post.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    Do I live in the past? No.

Do I use the past to help live in the present? Yeah. That's the whole concept of learning.
  • FsK
    FsK Members Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    A lot of you saying 'no regrets' are contradicting yourselves.
    u got to learn to live with regrets...

If you have learnt to live with regrets then you have them, but you are just comfortable with having them.

Regrets are a normal part of reflection this growth. Im not saying, let it eat at you, but regret isn't necessarily a bad thing.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    I always wonder how my life would be different if i had my pops around
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    if i catch myself doing it - im like

ibo6OdpZBbBXEk.gif

then re-group and keep pushin
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    No so much as what I have done, but what was done to me, the environment I grew up in and how those things have shaped me.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I regret buying that sandwich today, It was supposed to be a chicken wrap but contained 1% chicken at best, was all sauce and cucumber, cost me 2 pound for that ? I should have complained but who cares? In time I will get over this, just one of many regrets.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the time. my s/n is @ineedpussy. you do the math
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes
    <sometimey ass nucca