The Official 2014/2015 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Messi will have incredible stats and plays no matter what league he plays in and if I'm not mistaken, he and Barcelona beat all the respective league champions from last season in the champions league. While Ronaldo is a great player, he had a great Brazil squad all around him. How can you even compare this Argentina to that squad?

Btw Klose took Ronaldo's record in that 7-1 match with Brazil.

If Messi can get all the credit for his club play, despite damn near playing with the Spanish national team. lol Then he deserves the blame for his international/country failures. You can't have it both ways, get all the credit and none of the blame.

Ronaldo was clear and away the best players on those Brazilian teams despite having dudes like Ronaldinho, Carlos,etc. Even fat Ronaldo was the best player on those teams. Maradona took worst squads to the world cups, so stop making excuses for talent around him.

What did Messi even do in the world cup? After his first few games he did little to nothing to get to the finals. All the cards fell in the right place and Argentina walked to the finals. Then he choked against Germany.

Germany has a squad dumb ? .

Messi was the only one doing ? in that game.

The man vs the machine
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    bredren acting like ronaldo didnt have Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldhinho, Mufuka boss Cafu help marshal Brazil in 2002 WC via japan/s.korea.
    Real madrid Galaticos with Zidane, Raul, R. Carlos, an prime Casillas, Me FIGO, and Beckham out chyea.
    yard man just dislike messi. But Ronaldo (Brazil) is a beast regardless. thats sassy ? boy ronaldo from Portugal is not better than messi.

He still was the best player on those teams and he still won at all ? levels.

World Cup (2 wins, 1 runners up)
    Champions League (2 wins, one at Barca and 1 with Inter Milan)
    La Liga title(1 win)
    Copa America (2 wins)
    Confederations cup (1 win)

3 Ballon D'or

Ronaldo showed he was a winner everywhere. Not just those world cup teams. Try again!
  • usmarin3
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Messi will have incredible stats and plays no matter what league he plays in and if I'm not mistaken, he and Barcelona beat all the respective league champions from last season in the champions league. While Ronaldo is a great player, he had a great Brazil squad all around him. How can you even compare this Argentina to that squad?

If Messi can get all the credit for his club play, despite damn near playing with the Spanish national team. lol Then he deserves the blame for his international/country failures. You can't have it both ways, get all the credit and none of the blame.

Ronaldo was clear and away the best players on those Brazilian teams despite having dudes like Ronaldinho, Carlos,etc. Even fat Ronaldo was the best player on those teams. Maradona took worst squads to the world cups, so stop making excuses for talent around him.

What did Messi even do in the world cup? After his first few games he did little to nothing to get to the finals. All the cards fell in the right place and Argentina walked to the finals. Then he choked against Germany.

The man vs the machine

LOL Germany's goal keeper is who won them that World Cup. Let's not act like they won by being offensive juggernauts. You know ? is sad when a goalie outplays you.

The ? up ? is them Messi ? riders in FIFA gave that mf the golden boot when he didn't even deserve it. James from Columbia and Neymar (pre injury) clearly outplayed Messi during the world cup.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Figo said "Me Figo"
    Are you kidding me, Messi is better than every name you listed ahead of him.

How is Messi better than Ronaldo (Brazil)? Ronaldo won numerous world cups, all time leading scorer in WC history, dominated numerous leagues, played for numerous teams. Won 3 Ballon D;or despite suffering a career threatening in his prime.

What the ? has Messi done outside of Barca?

You sound like a casual that just looks up stats but never actually watched matches. You called fenomino fat Ronaldo for crying out loud. How long you been a football fan? I'm assuming not very long. The fact you have to look things up says all we need to know.

I'm not even discrediting Ronaldo but your knowledge is very suspect. Not knowing Klose overtook him and apparently not knowing Ronaldo didn't play a single game in the 94 world cup.
  • KamPushMe
    Options

The man vs the machine

LOL Germany's goal keeper is who won them that World Cup. Let's not act like they won by being offensive juggernauts. You know ? is sad when a goalie outplays you.

The ? up ? is them Messi ? riders in FIFA gave that mf the golden boot when he didn't even deserve it. James from Columbia and Neymar (pre injury) clearly outplayed Messi during the world cup.

Smfh ?

U cant be serious
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Lol Figo said "Me Figo"

How is Messi better than Ronaldo (Brazil)? Ronaldo won numerous world cups, all time leading scorer in WC history, dominated numerous leagues, played for numerous teams. Won 3 Ballon D;or despite suffering a career threatening in his prime.

You sound like a casual that just looks up stats but never actually watched matches. You called fenomino fat Ronaldo for crying out loud. How long you been a football fan? I'm assuming not very long. The fact you have to look things up says all we need to know.

I'm not even discrediting Ronaldo but your knowledge is very suspect. Not knowing Klose overtook him and apparently not knowing Ronaldo didn't play a single game in the 94 world cup.

Who the ? is speaking about the 94 world cup. Not once did i mention that. I am speaking about the 2002 WC when Ronaldo was out of shape and still the best player on the field.
  • afro thunder
    Options

The man vs the machine

Exactly as I thought. You know nothing about Football.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    bredren acting like ronaldo didnt have Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldhinho, Mufuka boss Cafu help marshal Brazil in 2002 WC via japan/s.korea.
    Real madrid Galaticos with Zidane, Raul, R. Carlos, an prime Casillas, Me FIGO, and Beckham out chyea.
    yard man just dislike messi. But Ronaldo (Brazil) is a beast regardless. thats sassy ? boy ronaldo from Portugal is not better than messi.

He still was the best player on those teams and he still won at all ? levels.

World Cup (2 wins, 1 runners up)
    Champions League (2 wins, one at Barca and 1 with Inter Milan)
    La Liga title(1 win)
    Copa America (2 wins)
    Confederations cup (1 win)

3 Ballon D'or

Ronaldo showed he was a winner everywhere. Not just those world cup teams. Try again!

didn't disagree with ronaldo accomplishment. duke is one of my all time players along with romario on my list. 1994 wc, he didn't play a single game. 1998 wc via france was his showcase, and zidane shut that down quick, even though he was ballin. the injury was to much for duke. 2002, we know the deal.

Inter Milan is my squad. the only time they won the champs league was in 2010, and twice in the 60s. They won the Euro Cup in 97 season Barcelona didn't win the champs league when he played that 1 season with them. but he did score 47 goals that 1 season with them @ age 19, b4 moving on to inter milan.

messi got like 4 world player title i think
  • afro thunder
    Options
    Lol Figo said "Me Figo"

Who the ? is speaking about the 94 world cup. Not once did i mention that. I am speaking about the 2002 WC when Ronaldo was out of shape and still the best player on the field.

You keep mentioning he won 2 world cups so yes you did mention it. Apparently you didn't know one of his world cup wins was in 94 and a free ride since he sat on the bench throughout.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    Mario Gómez, Julian Draxler, Marco Reus , Toni Kroos, Thomas Müller, Mario Götze, André Schürrle, Mesut Özil, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lukas Podolski

Lol @ offensive juggernauts
  • Figo
    Options
    ^^^^^^^Germany had a bunch of champions league winners and losers on that squad. Just of Bayern Munich and B. Dortmund
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    Should I throw in Sammy kaderia?

Germany has so many weapons to choose from.
  • afro thunder
    Options
    Those names won't be familiar to him. He couldn't name Neuer and referred to him as Germany's goalkeeper. Ain't no way he knows who the other players are.
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/eSUkg99RIBs
    Throwback to that legendary Brazil squad.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Lol Figo said "Me Figo"

You keep mentioning he won 2 world cups so yes you did mention it. Apparently you didn't know one of his world cup wins was in 94 and a free ride since he sat on the bench throughout.

Ok so what. He sat out 94 and still managed to being the all time leading scorer in WC history. Dude would of had 3 all together if he wasn't sick against France in the finals against Zidane.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Those names won't be familiar to him. He couldn't name Neuer and referred to him as Germany's goalkeeper. Ain't no way he knows who the other players are.

Are you slow or something ? . I said Germany goal keeper is who won them that WC. I never once refer to any specific name as the goal keeper for Germany.
  • Figo
    Options
    klose got most goals with 16 last year wc. @afro thunder mention it
  • afro thunder
    Options

Are you slow or something ? . I said Germany goal keeper is who won them that WC. I never once refer to any specific name as the goal keeper for Germany.

SMH. Read what I typed again and if it doesn't make any sense to you, you might be the slow one.
  • afro thunder
    Options
    Messi is so good he gets held to a higher standard. They say he shouldn't be called great cause he hasn't achieved anything with his national team right? So peep this.

Cristiano aint winning nothing for Portugal. He lost a Euro final in 2004 on one of the best Portuguese teams ever and could only make it to the semi's in 2006. Hasn't done ? since for his national team. Is he still great or nah?

Drogba ain't win nothing playing for Ivory Coast. The Chelsea legend was a flop in what is known as the golden generation of Ivorian football. Dumped out in the group stage 3 times in a row. They say he was in tough groups in 2006 and 2010 so what's the excuse for 2014? African nations cup? He aint win that either. Is he still great or nah?

Both CR7 and Drogs get credit for their club achiements so why shouldn't Messi? Just like Messi they ain't win ? for their national teams and all lost in a continental final.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    End of the day you can't help where you are born. To win a World Cup you have to be lucky enough to be around with a great 23 man squad, and unfortunately Messi just isn't. It doesn't take away from his achievements - the fact that he is ridiculously gifted, constantly breaking records and is clearly one of, if not, the best to ever do it should be enough of an argument if you watch him actually play week in, week out. To keep banging on about him not winning a World Cup meaning he's can't be regarded as the greatest player to me is becoming more of a ridiculous argument as time goes on considering the man's talent. This isn't basketball - you're playing in a team of 11; there is only so much one person can do to influence a game. A World Cup comes around once every four years and many of the greats never get to play in it, let alone win it. You also have awful players who have won it too. You can argue it's not even the greatest showcase for footballing skill and talent these days in the era of the Champions League.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    West Ham are in need of some added bodies at the back and Slaven Bilic is apparently looking at Peru and Hoffenheim full back Luis Advincula. For his part, the defender told El Comercio that it is "nice" to be linked to the club.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @yahwehprofet alianza vs cristal tomorrow. Let's do an avi bet. if my team wins you have to Use a picture of alianza in your avi vice versa
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well it only took 440 pgs to get to the inevitable messi vs ronaldo argument. Proud of us guys
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So next Copa America is gonna be in the USA ey? 100th edition, next year?!

gonna be football heaven with the EC in la France and the CA in the UsA

big up to Chili, great to see an 'underdog' finally win something!
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? if winning silverware with the national team determines your greatness, none of the dutch would be considered legends lol...(ok gullit, van basten, rijkaard etc won the EC in 88)...so Cruiyff, Bergkamp, Seedorf, Overmars, Robben etc

I do think that Messi n Cr7 got the greatest of all time marketing teams behind them(no way in hell Messi got that best world cup player award based on his wc performance for example). And they havent been the best players in Europe every year imo but theyre both legends.

they both got the most annoying fanboys, which makes it easy to hate on em...