how do you get out of your own way?

Options
ineedpussy
ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
i heard people say this many of times. sometimes to me. so ic tell me what does it mean to "get out of your own way?"
im slow so help a brother out and explain this ? in layman terms.

GO!

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stop think you are Gods gift to the planet.

cocky ? are always in they own way.

and alot of these new ? in they own way because they have alot of talent but waste it thinking they can do 1 thing an should be praised for the rest of they life. ole give me everything for no work ass ? .

some of these old ? still in they own way....still trying to live like they 20...? is not cool
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    thats some nice ? yall just spit
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HUMBLE YOURSELF...
    DONT BE TOO FULL OF PRIDE
    BE ABLE TO ASK FOR HELP
    KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't get out of your way if it works for you isn't detrimental to yourself or others though. Everyone likes havin' ? their way, nothin' wrong with that. I'd say to always look at ? from other peoples' perspective and be considerate. If your way is hurtin' others, stop. If your way isn't takin' the ? , do as you've been doin'
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get money
    ? ?

repeat
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's about people who are perpetual ? ups and ruins/wastes their own opportunities.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't overthink things

Don't doubt yourself

Don't overcompensate

Know when to shut up after you did something good and it's getting acknowledged

....a few examples that apply to various situations
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got all you need to succeed. ? stop ? up and blowing oppurtunities. Go get what's in store for you. The essence of the phrase is show discipline ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    know when you fukked up and make things right.
    you never know when you may have to cross that bridge again....an dont be so full of pride that instead of just apologizing you try to find another way to do it to ? you life up more or try to talk yourself out of what you need.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    great ? . keep it coming
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't truly get out of your way until you surrender to Jesus Christ.

But that's just getting to first base, all though you have scored and won the game already.

A Christian still has to deal with life and as we round the bases, we should be progressing in our walk with Christ by being more like Him day after day after day.

We fall short, REPEADETLY, because we are sinners, but have been saved by grace.

But as we round third to home, we shouldn't be doing the same things at 50-60 that we were doing when we were 20-30.
    And while we won't be sinless till we get to home, we must sin less. Santifaction is the name of the game and Jesus Christ is our claim to fame!
    Amen.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    You don't truly get out of your way until you surrender to Jesus Christ.

But that's just getting to first base, all though you have scored and won the game already.

A Christian still has to deal with life and as we round the bases, we should be progressing in our walk with Christ by being more like Him day after day after day.

We fall short, REPEADETLY, because we are sinners, but have been saved by grace.

But as we round third to home, we shouldn't be doing the same things at 50-60 that we were doing when we were 20-30.
    And while we won't be sinless till we get to home, we must sin less. Santifaction is the name of the game and Jesus Christ is our claim to fame!
    Amen.

WTF

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Believe in yourself.
    Without believing that you are smart, and important to this world. Then you will always be a road block to yourself.

Be selfish. A lot of people are selfless to friends and family, but for you to get ahead, you must shed the dead weight, or you will continuously fall to the whim of others.

Be strong. You are able to handle anything the universe/? hands to you. You may seems as if life is handing you a stack of torn cards; however, it is up to you to assemble the cards anyway you can creatively. By doing this, you learn how to handle new stressful situations with your experience.

Slow down. We run, run, and run into chaotic issues, and over work ourselves into the ground. You must take a breather, and sit down to reflect on your week. You mind and body need rest. Give yourself one day of pure alone time.

Be patience. Success never comes overnight. It takes time to be successful and things may come up, but when your eye is on the prize, nothing with deter you from it.
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    lovin it. no mcdonalds
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea.
    I had some growing to do in the past few weeks.
    I was starting to become numb and that's dangerous.
    So..I took some time away from the ? and formulated an attainable plan of action.

My problem is that I talk myself out of a lot of stuff.
    I was my biggest obstacle for a LONG time.
    It wasn't until I came down here and had an honest conversation with my cousin that I was able to get an idea on the direction that I wanted to go.

Like @Evilchuck‌ said..I wasn't patient or selfish with myself. I wanted something to happen overnight that I forgot Rome wasn't built in a day.

It takes some people longer than others to find their way.
    But the biggest failure is to not try at all.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea.

So..I took some time away from the ? and formulated an attainable plan of action.

It wasn't until I came down here and had an honest conversation with my cousin that I was able to get an idea on the direction that I wanted to go.

Like @Evilchuck‌ said..I wasn't patient or selfish with myself. I wanted something to happen overnight that I forgot Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thats me right now. I been numb for a long time... Searching for a way to get out of it. I just wanna feel something again. Which is ? stupid because I KNOW i have talent and so much in store. I just wish someone would punch the ? outta me so i can wake up and stop being a ? . My ambitions and dreams are so big, but i know i can do ALL things. Im just going through a ? phase. Im searching for answers. ? drowning in distractions and settling in ? , but its consuming. Im fighting though. Confessions of a 22 year old lost ? .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Yea.

Thats me right now. I been numb for a long time... Searching for a way to get out of it. I just wanna feel something again. Which is ? stupid because I KNOW i have talent and so much in store. I just wish someone would punch the ? outta me so i can wake up and stop being a ? . My ambitions and dreams are so big, but i know i can do ALL things. Im just going through a ? phase. Im searching for answers. ? drowning in distractions and settling in ? , but its consuming. Im fighting though. Confessions of a 22 year old lost ? .

raising-hands2.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited June 2014
    Options
    being selfish and believing your smart takes self-control.

thats why some people get in there own way...because they think they know it all and are too damn selfish.

personally being selfish i never thought was a good thing. the word has negative connections to it. you can be driven and have goals and want to better yourself without being selfish. cutting dead weight is not selfish...it's stopping others from hurting you that are not needed. and if you help others to the point you are hurting your self...cutting them off will not help because you will only find others that you will help and hurt yourself. you need to look within to see why your doing it and being selfish is not the answer. loving yourself more is.

believing your smart and believing yourself is two different things. you can go far believing in yourself, no one can take that away from you....but believing your smart when your not...is just funny when you are constantly proven to be dumb.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    My ? be getting in my way of my priorities.

The Man upstairs hates laziness though.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    But like Honey Toasted Oats, sometimes you feel like a nut.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

thats why some people get in there own way...because they think they know it all and are too damn selfish.

personally being selfish i never thought was a good thing. the word has negative connections to it. you can be driven and have goals and want to better yourself without being selfish. cutting dead weight is not selfish...it's stopping others from hurting you that are not needed. and if you help others to the point you are hurting your self...cutting them off will not help because you will only find others that you will help and hurt yourself. you need to look within to see why your doing it and being selfish is not the answer. loving yourself more is.

believing your smart and believing yourself is two different things. you can go far believing in yourself, no one can take that away from you....but believing your smart when your not...is just funny when you are constantly proven to be dumb.

Sooooooo @pralims just ? on my most positive post to date or nah? He couldn't let a ? cook or nah?
  • ineedpussy
    Options
    this ? is epic in the making. lets get it
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Evilchuck wrote: »
    pralims wrote: »

Sooooooo @pralims just ? on my most positive post to date or nah? He couldn't let a ? cook or nah?

no sweetie....im just posting my opinion an twist on what you wrote....not ? on it.

i just think it needed to be added on to cuz ? only hear how to be an ? and thats its ok out of something positive.

no problems from me sweety
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get what bothy'all are saying.

Like, I love you, but I love myself more type of situation.

I can dig that.