27 SHOT IN CHICAGO SINCE FRIDAY

Options

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @obnoxiouslyfresh‌ has ruined any chance of me vacationing to Chicago anytime soon.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    @obnoxiouslyfresh‌ has ruined any chance of me vacationing to Chicago anytime soon.

@jono

You can still vacation here. Just gotta know where to go. Like you wouldn't wanna roam around Kingston, Jamaica if you're not familiar with the area, but perhaps with a native. It's like that.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The city is nowhere near as bad as the media wants yall to believe. I remember growing up in the early 90s the Chicago sun times had the daily homicide total on the front page of the newspaper. By the end of the year for like 3 years straight those numbers were between 800-900+ bodies.

Quick homework assignment. What was the population of Chicago in the eatly 90s.

Cosign the poster who talked about the crash deaths too. It's already almost 400 ppl.

• THIRDSUPREME
    Options
    The overall black population is down about 20 percent from those times in the early 90s. It was rougher....yes....but do the math... about a good 150 to 200 thousand ? are now in the burbs and elsewhere. That....could very well be a major element in why crime is down. It is also why Mass Gentrification IS coming soon.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idgaf. I'm eating good in a city of savages.

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago needs a reset button, these demons ? just to ? .
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EasyAce wrote: »
    #lackin

#27notwittheshits

#mandown

#bangbang

#thisaintwhatyouwant

Too old Al.. too old.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It doesn't even matter that Chicago is violent. Ask any of the white folks in Logan Square, Rogers Park, or Bucktown if they fear for their safety? What about the ? in boys town..? got the BEST real estate in the city. While us ? cling to and represent neighborhoods that no one with any sense or education of any sort would be caught dead in. We look ridiculous out here. That's why sometimes yoy havr to take a step back and reevaluate who the ? we is? Those who want better and have been awakened mentally can not afford to be brought down and destroyed by those who celebrate ignorance, stupidity, violence, promiscuity, and pretty much any and everything negative that you can think of. Change is coming....? will not have chicago to ruin much longer. This aint that kind of city. This is not Detroit. Watch.

I hope so brother
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I see is leg and arm hits, sup wit all this extremity shooting?

word, no one cares about pinky toes getting blown off
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Logan Square use to be a gang infested Puerto Rican neighborhood. Now its trending....still some shooting over there though
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That storm last night was crazy
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Logan Square use to be a gang infested Puerto Rican neighborhood. Now its trending....still some shooting over there though

Still a Latin neighborhood just a lot of hipsters making their way up Milwaukee Ave. But you can get shot anywhere. My parents live in the Portage Park neighborhood and some one got shot on some gang ? last summer. But you see right there is the difference some neighborhoods it's just drastically more of a chance of shootings.

The mentality in those 6 or so neighborhoods has to change to make a difference. Up here in Lincoln Square they had news conferences, neighborhood rally because there was graffiti showing up on the buildings, and the residents weren't going for it. Little kids have to get shot in those ? up neighborhoods so people can get ? but it's done by the end of the week.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cats got shot during the storm last night smh
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cats got shot during the storm last night smh

Lmao no chill button..

? out shootin while it's sideways raining outside with high velocity winds blowing ? everywhere.. .

• WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just learned to stay away from my old hood. Cats still on that stupid ? . Even some of the cats my age trying to act like these young boys. What's have to change is a generation mentality change. I hate to have to worry about being around my own people. Cuz they might be a Op to some other ? .
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The other thing is when they tore the projects down they threw them ? everywhere, neighborhoods that were cool are now becoming chaotic. Project cats have a whole different mentality than the neighborhood. That was the worst ? they could have done. The south suburbs are going to ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The other thing is when they tore the projects down they threw them ? everywhere, neighborhoods that were cool are now becoming chaotic. Project cats have a whole different mentality than the neighborhood. That was the worst ? they could have done. The south suburbs are going to ?

Sounds a little bit like season 3 of The Wire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbK5HIfdyWc
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is a nationwide trend actually. all across the nation, cities are growing in population and suburbs are growing in poverty. all due to gentrification (which doesn't actually make crime less it just displaces and moves it to a new location)
  • THIRDSUPREME
    Options

this is a nationwide trend actually. all across the nation, cities are growing in population and suburbs are growing in poverty. all due to gentrification (which doesn't actually make crime less it just displaces and moves it to a new location)

Chicago is losing population. Has been for some time. Actually, Cook County has lost over 3 percent of its population from 2000 to 2010. And yes....if the crime is moved out of the actual city of Chicago then there is less crime....in the city of Chicago.

What happens when you take something for granted? You lose it....
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I go to southside Chicago all the time & I can truly say that is it one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Heaven on Earth & the people are angels. Kind heart people that will give you the clothes off of their back
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooooo we're now making weekly threads on Chicago shootings?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

T. Sanford wrote: »
    I go to southside Chicago all the time & I can truly say that is it one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Heaven on Earth & the people are angels. Kind heart people that will give you the clothes off of their back

I know youre trying to be cute n funny but theres all kinds of fly ? on tge southside. Jackson park n beach, ice skating on midway, chinatown near south, cupcake gangsters truck! Ha! Etc...