Boardwalk Empire FINAL SEASON

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umm yeah, Hoover forced Narcise to be an informant on Marcus Garvey.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

That was last season I meant did they allude to that this season?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

That was last season I meant did they allude to that this season?

Nope.

Doubt they'll do it in the series finale either.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BE one of the greatest shows ever how they have the fans flip flopping opinions about characters

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And one thing I can't stand that they do in tv and film is tie everything into a female

? crazy jus how much the women of this show have everything to do with everything but have played the background most of the time
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    And one thing I can't stand that they do in tv and film is tie everything into a female

? crazy jus how much the women of this show have everything to do with everything but have played the background most of the time

Somehow it all comes down to a ?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nucky never died in RL, he went to prison
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Behind the downfall of every great man is a cold hearted woman.
  • loch121
    Options

Nucky Thompson isn't really a real person though.He's just based on Nucky Johnson
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im really gonna miss this show when it ends...
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

in an interview with the show's writer he stated that basically they can end the show with any kind of outcome for nucky since they named him thompson, not nucky johnson, the real life person. what i would say is its obvious they won't change luciano's story, who pretty much lives the rest of his life without being murdered or locked up so its obvious he's not getting killed off in the final episode.

matter of fact, of all the characters that are based on historical people, nucky and his brother are probably the least accurate. so anything can happen here. its been a slow 7 episodes but they all hit hard.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

in an interview with the show's writer he stated that basically they can end the show with any kind of outcome for nucky since they named him thompson, not nucky johnson, the real life person. what i would say is its obvious they won't change luciano's story, who pretty much lives the rest of his life without being murdered or locked up so its obvious he's not getting killed off in the final episode.

matter of fact, of all the characters that are based on historical people, nucky and his brother are probably the least accurate. so anything can happen here. its been a slow 7 episodes but they all hit hard.

Hold up was Luciano locked up then deported...,
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    what i would say is its obvious they won't change luciano's story, who pretty much lives the rest of his life without being murdered or locked up...
    Hold up was Luciano locked up then deported...,

In '35 Charlie was convicted of 65 counts of pandering and he was hit with a 30 to 50. Here's what wikipedia says,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano

Many observers questioned the pandering charges against Luciano. He almost certainly profited from prostitution and members of his crime family extorted money from madams and brothel keepers. However, like most bosses, Luciano created layers of insulation between himself and criminal acts. It would have been significantly out of character for him to be directly involved in any criminal enterprise, let alone a prostitution ring. At least two of his contemporaries have denied that Luciano was ever part of "the Combination". In her memoirs, New York society madam Polly Adler said that if Luciano had been involved with "the Combination", she would have known about it. Bonanno, the last surviving contemporary of Luciano's who wasn't in prison, also denied that Luciano was directly involved in prostitution in his book, A Man of Honor.

In '46 Gov. Dewey communted Charlie's sentence (as a reward for Charlie providing intel to the Navy and he also promised that there wouldn't be any strikes on the docks,) on condition that he didn't fight deportation to Italy.

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my bad didnt know about all that probably since he didnt get life.

• loch121
    Options
    I think Nucky getting killed.

His protection got killed

There's has been no reason to think the police are coming for him

I doubt this ends with him walking off in the sunset sense they have been killing all the fan favs

Nucky will get popped and it'll be poetic is my prediction

I'm ? they never showed AR getting killed or talked about the situation in detail
  • loch121
    Options
    What would BE have been like if they would have chose Tony Soprano over Steve?

You know Gandolfini was the 1st choice for Nucky right?

Obviously the show would have ended sooner and maybe mid season or mid production sense he died

The real Nucky was actually a big guy like Gandolfini
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Obviously the show would have ended sooner and maybe mid season or mid production sense he died

I remember thinking the same thing when the show first started.

With BE starting right after the Sopranos last season, Gandolfini would've still been at the height of his popularity.

Which would've probably meant the show's ratings would've been considerably higher than they are now.

Never know.

Doing the show might've even added a few extra years to his life.

Maybe he wouldn't have died when he did if he was still working on an active show.
  • loch121
    edited October 2014
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »

I remember thinking the same thing when the show first started.

With BE starting right after the Sopranos last season, Gandolfini would've still been at the height of his popularity.

Which would've probably meant the show's ratings would've been considerably higher than they are now.

Never know.

Doing the show might've even added a few extra years to his life.

Maybe he wouldn't have died when he did if he was still working on an active show.

The Sopranos had been off for 3 yrs

Gandolfini was still doing movies and ?

IDK if BE couldn't stopped his date w/ destiny

RIP

would be dope to have a last minute connection to The Sopranos on BE
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I hate that Gandolfini is gone. (Dude's death touched me, no ? .) Despite Gandolfini looking like Nucky Johnson, I'm glad that Buscemi got the because Gandolfini would have definitely been type cast as a mob boss/criminal, despite him getting other gigs. When I saw him playing Leon Penetta in Zero Dark Thirty, the first that came into my mind was, "Oh look,. Tony Soprano."

62884917_129228211547.jpg

Nucky Johnson.

130619193609-james-gandolfini-story-top.jpg

The GOAT, James Gandolfini

nucky_coverF.jpg

0127f-hart-15p.jpg

Books about Nucky. What I want to know is Chalky a completely fictional character, is some elements of Bumpy Johnson rolled into Chalky, or was Chalky a real muthafucka. Also, was Nucky's and as one poster so eloquently dubbed him, the "Pedodore," relationship a work of fiction also.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate that Gandolfini is gone. (Dude's death touched me, no ? .) Despite Gandolfini looking like Nucky Johnson, I'm glad that Buscemi got the because Gandolfini would have definitely been type cast as a mob boss/criminal, despite him getting other gigs. When I saw him playing Leon Penetta in Zero Dark Thirty, the first that came into my mind was, "Oh look,. Tony Soprano."

62884917_129228211547.jpg

Nucky Johnson.

130619193609-james-gandolfini-story-top.jpg

The GOAT, James Gandolfini

nucky_coverF.jpg

0127f-hart-15p.jpg

Books about Nucky. What I want to know is Chalky a completely fictional character, is some elements of Bumpy Johnson rolled into Chalky, or was Chalky a real muthafucka. Also, was Nucky's and as one poster so eloquently dubbed him, the "Pedodore," relationship a work of fiction also.

According to Michael K. Williams, (Omar, Chalky) The real Chalky was a boxer.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *pours glass of whiskey for the final*

Here's to the end of an empire
  • loch121
    Options
    BE series finale on and poppin

looked like Nucky or somebody committed that

Margaret looking really good on some old Hollywood starlet ?

Be crazy if Marge gets killed and Nuck commits suicide

ummmm wtf? we going sci fi?

Damn.Nuck like I won't see my own brother again?Eli deserves that ?

Eli on this anti shave thing tough

Damn.Nuck left Eli with racks on racks and a razor to shave LMFAO.Nuck was thinking like me

Finally got the ? ass DR. Wish it was a more painful death.He almost did a Gus fring and tried to act like he ain't just get ? up,fixing his suit

Dr. Cotton done got on that ass.I knew she seemed hurt up

Nuck lost,Chalky lost,Al lost

Somehow Eli,Lansky,and Lucky

The Commodore ran hella mindgames on Nuck

Nuck coldhearted

I guess that was Jimmy's son

Just like Jimmy got killed.Right in the face

Ep was slow,but well worth it for that ending

Niiiiice.I knew he was Tommy as soon as we saw him again this ep
  • he_was_quiet
    he_was_quiet Members Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't see that ? comming. ? bless the dead. RIP Jimmy.