FX's ‘The Strain’

Options

Comments

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    jee504 wrote: »
    I haven't read the books so I'm going strictly off what the show is doing. I'm yelling at the screen like stab this ? while he outside. Man ?

The master surviving the sunlight was in the book and Abraham didn't stab him because he was so shocked that he didn't burn up in the sun.

I hear what you're saying because you have two perspectives, show and book.
    Did Abe really have to recite some ? before he attempted to stab him? Lol
    Man I'm stabbing him every which way.

Also, Zach need to man up and Eph should have been told him about moms. They in a different world now.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    why the ? didn't they just stab the master when he was on his back?? and we need more of the Mexican next season

Because Oberyn

It does appear the sun was burning him,it just may take longer maybe?

I didn't realize this was the finale

Kinda week for a finale IMO opinion a good ep
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    THEY HAD THIS MUTHAFUKKA WEAK AS HELL, IN THE SUN, AND LET HIM GET AWAY
  • _Jay_
    Options
    Nobody thought to chop this muthafukka's head off while he lying there gasping in the sunlight?!?!?!
  • _Jay_
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    I haven't read the books so I'm going strictly off what the show is doing. I'm yelling at the screen like stab this ? while he outside. Man ?

The master surviving the sunlight was in the book and Abraham didn't stab him because he was so shocked that he didn't burn up in the sun.

I hear what you're saying because you have two perspectives, show and book.
    Did Abe really have to recite some ? before he attempted to stab him? Lol
    Man I'm stabbing him every which way.

Also, Zach need to man up and Eph should have been told him about moms. They in a different world now.

He says it as like for comfort or some ? like that I don't know lol but ya actually in the book the wife tries to bite his ass way earlier when she broke in Abes shop when Zac was upstairs by himself. That's when he finds out his mother has been turned and Eph tries to ? her but she escapes.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Can't believe they went through the whole first book in one season.

They left a bunch of ? out, but thats not main concern. If they ended season 1 the same way book 1 ended, they might only be doing 3 seasons of the show, one for each book. When there's enough material to do 5-6 seasons easily with no downtime.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is the reason Thomas can just walk around in the sunlight a spoiler?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This show relies on plot induced stupidity way too much. There is absolutely no reasonable explanation for them not attacking the Master while he was down. That "Abe was shocked" ? doesn't fly. If he was that pressed to ? the Master he would have been on him immediately trying to take him out. Dude was ready to walk into a den of monsters solo for the small chance he might make it to the Master, but now he's so easily shaken that he can't stab the Master while he's clearly in a weakened state?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

His character didn't pop until book 2 but I do recall him being out and about for a book auction. I think it has something to do with all the makeup he wears.
  • sdotcarter111
    Options
    Setrakian shoulda clapped him when they were outside.

In the book, the master flies outside but wasnt as helpless as in the show. He actually threw his ? cloak off and "howled at the sun in defiance" on some gutter ? , telling everybody they couldnt ? with him even in daylight. Everybody was in such shock they never had a chance to act. I wonder why they didnt include that.

On the show, dude was basically beaten and ripe for the picking. Maybe Abe wanted to watch him burn but I woulda still put that silver to him just for merkin wifey back in the day. Its too personal for me to just watch him burn.

Either way they bout to regret the ? out of it. That aint no spoiler, you ? had to know its bout to go down now.
  • sdotcarter111
    edited October 2014
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

His character didn't pop until book 2 but I do recall him being out and about for a book auction. I think it has something to do with all the makeup he wears.

You read the third book yet? Most trill by far.
    Almost wish they'd skip past the 2nd and just film all that crazy vamp historical/biblical origin ? .
    And yeah, Eichhorst never just chilled in the sunlight in the book so im assuming its his makeup protecting him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Setrakian shoulda clapped him when they were outside.

In the book, the master flies outside but wasnt as helpless as in the show. He actually threw his ? cloak off and "howled at the sun in defiance" on some gutter ? , telling everybody they couldnt ? with him even in daylight. Everybody was in such shock they never had a chance to act. I wonder why they didnt include that.

On the show, dude was basically beaten and ripe for the picking. Maybe Abe wanted to watch him burn but I woulda still put that silver to him just for merkin wifey back in the day. Its too personal for me to just watch him burn.

Either way they bout to regret the ? out of it. That aint no spoiler, you ? had to know its bout to go down now.

Sounds like the creators of the show just aren't very smart about how they edit the source material.
  • sdotcarter111
    Options
    Del Toro is the creator and the writer of the book, so whatever is on the show is what he wanted. Why he left out or changed so many trill aspects of his book is a mystery.
  • _Jay_
    Options
    This show relies on plot induced stupidity way too much. There is absolutely no reasonable explanation for them not attacking the Master while he was down. That "Abe was shocked" ? doesn't fly. If he was that pressed to ? the Master he would have been on him immediately trying to take him out. Dude was ready to walk into a den of monsters solo for the small chance he might make it to the Master, but now he's so easily shaken that he can't stab the Master while he's clearly in a weakened state?

!!!

that ? had me 38 hot last night...I was yelling at the tv like it was a football game

• _Jay_
    Options
    and cosign whoever said that Eph should've offed his ex-wife...I can understand loving her and never gettin over her, but she's turned now, that ain't yo ex-wife anymore...and the fact that turned folks go after their loved ones automatically lets erybody know that eventually she's gonna go after her son...smh
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and cosign whoever said that Eph should've offed his ex-wife...I can understand loving her and never gettin over her, but she's turned now, that ain't yo ex-wife anymore...and the fact that turned folks go after their loved ones automatically lets erybody know that eventually she's gonna go after her son...smh

And the fact that whatever the vamps see The Master sees also.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I can't lie. I hate that dude Eph. He is too much on a high horse. He and his chick want to act like they are the only ones that are in the fight for good reasons, while everyone else is just a ? human being that happens to be on the right side. It's annoying.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they can ? Eph in the first episode of next season for mine. His character is getting silly at this point
  • _Jay_
    Options
    And one last thing...I'm pretty sure that the Master isn't permanently attached to the coffin Setrakian made for him...but, would it have hurt to blow it the ? up while they were there AND the plumber dude was toting dynamite??
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

Haven't been watching the show, but this is the exact kind of ? I was talking about on the first few pages of this thread, this kind of ? goes down in the books as well. "Yo, just go chop that ? up real quick."
    BoldChild wrote: »

The show will probably get meh to me as well if they follow a similar story line, main problem I had with it was suspension of disbelief. While I was reading through the scene in the book I was like

entire neighborhoods, and apartment buildings of people were getting ate up, and like 1/3 of the pop went missing, but the people are still going "nope, no vampires, this is all a result of rioting."
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea final episode was kinda wack. No cliff hanger or anything. ? was like watching the following where they just do ? so stupid you wanna turn it off. So dude just gonna throw ole girl off the building and act like ain't ? happen. This ? starting to be like the following. Where you like the action but the writers put in some ? things that you have to suspend common sense to really believe.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished book 3. For reason I don't think thats the ending we'll get if the show continues for multiple seasons
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last episode was weak as hell. I tried to get into it but it was just a ? of ? . Just gonna act like I ain't watch it and wait till next year
  • sdotcarter111
    Options
    Just finished book 3. For reason I don't think thats the ending we'll get if the show continues for multiple seasons

If it wasn't FX, I would agree with you. But they some wile boys.