We Giving Obama TOO much slack

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
Now he's going to bypass Congress to usher in immigration reform.

First off. How much more are they going to give the illegal immigrants? They already got shelter, food, housing, education assistance. Are they going to give them a Bentley and 20 gs when they cross the border?

Meanwhile people in Chicago are dying on a weekly basis.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I haven't heard details on what Obama wants to do with immigration reform on his own. I know one thing he wants to do is speed up deportations, which is a great thing. I've also heard rumors there is infighting in Obama's cabinet on how much leniency illegals should be getting if they have been here for several years and can prove they are working.

My hope is that Obama doesn't do anything stupid, Americans are having a hard time taking care of each other now as it is. Encouraging more illegals to come with promises of amnesty will backfire. We're already being overloaded on the border, spending millions that should be used to help the American citizens who are becoming more and more poor and destitute by the day
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He does get too much slack but bypassing congress isn't some thing I will complain about because of the nature of this congress.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    http://news.yahoo.com/u-poll-more-voters-see-obama-worst-president-122609810.html

U.S. poll: more voters see Obama as worst president in modern times

Many people aren't giving Obama slack at all....and I don't think Obama is the worst president of modern times, I give that honor to George W Bush and Reagan but some of the things Obama has done has people scratching their heads alot....
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm empathetic towards Obama to a certain extent because he is the first Black President and with that comes enormous pressure but should one man dictate the course of ALL Blacks/Africans in the World because this is what he is doing and the answer is no.

It's clear from his first 5 years in office that he is doing the bidding of both the extreme left of the Democratic Party and the extreme right of the Republican Party. Obama had bombed Somalia within a few months of the Country announcing that it was in the midst of a famine. Obama shook the hand of Muammar Gaddafi just a few months before he bombed libya and the rebels dragged Gaddafi's naked body out into the open field where people ? , sh*tted on him and who knows what else. The bombing of Syria, sponsoring the coupe in the Ukraine etc...

Obama is playing both sides of the extreme left and right and I have to ask myself if Black people are going to be able to hold our heads up high when he leaves office?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The flood gates have swung open because the day of destruction is almost here.

"The LORD of hosts hath sworn by himself, saying, Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillers; and they shall lift up a shout against thee." Jeremiah 51:14

The war cry is coming and the 10 kings shall be victorious over Babylon the Great. Amen.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    He does get too much slack but bypassing congress isn't some thing I will complain about because of the nature of this congress.
    the problem with this argument remains the question of whether or not you would complain if the parties were reversed. i understand it's frustrating in principle, but honestly, Obama's contention seems to be "i won the election, let's do X and Y that i want." which is fine... but those crazy Republicans ALSO won elections.

honestly, i don't think either side gives a ? about bipartisanship or compromise or accomplishing ? , but maybe that's just my sunny outlook
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    the problem with this argument remains the question of whether or not you would complain if the parties were reversed. i understand it's frustrating in principle, but honestly, Obama's contention seems to be "i won the election, let's do X and Y that i want." which is fine... but those crazy Republicans ALSO won elections.

honestly, i don't think either side gives a ? about bipartisanship or compromise or accomplishing ? , but maybe that's just my sunny outlook

Currently you can't be caught working with the other side on certain issues to ensure reelection. It sucks but it is true
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    White folks sure are mad that this guy aint sending their children off to die in a pointless ass war that we can't win.

To be real though, 76% of Americans want us out of Afghanistan or disapprove of the war there. Most Americans also agree with Obama on the withdrawal of most American troops there. It's not really a war thing, if anything, his policy on Iraq withdrawal is one reason Obama got re-elected.

White folks are more mad about Obamacare, immigration, high cost of living, and the state of the economy. All legit issues. Most Americans are tight about these things.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE AMERICAN economy will be fine the signs are good that things will only keep improving the stock market is up unemployment is down and slowly higher paying jobs will be increasing manufacturing is also slowly creeping up. illegal immigration is a problem that Obama nor the congress has the ? to stop.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    Currently you can't be caught working with the other side on certain issues to ensure reelection. It sucks but it is true
    yeah, it's ? and i am not blaming one party or the other for it. neither one is actually composed of adults in 2014.
    White folks sure are mad that this guy aint sending their children off to die in a pointless ass war that we can't win.
    i don't know, it seems like he's sneaking them over there after all...
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »

First off. How much more are they going to give the illegal immigrants? They already got shelter, food, housing, education assistance. Are they going to give them a Bentley and 20 gs when they cross the border?

WTF does people dying in Chicago have to do with President Obama...just admit you hate having a black president and quit reaching for a reason to hate a ? ...unemployment at 6.5%...200,000 jobs added last month...what more do you want
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

WTF does people dying in Chicago have to do with President Obama...just admit you hate having a black president and quit reaching for a reason to hate a ? ...unemployment at 6.5%...200,000 jobs added last month...what more do you want

What he's trying to say is that Obama seems to want to grant amnesty to many illegals when Chicago already has problems with high violence and high unemployment. I doubt granting amnesty to illegals will improve the issues affecting Chicago, especially when jobs are already hard to find there.

Obama gets some credit for the improving economy though but let's hope most of those jobs pay well.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What he's trying to say is that Obama seems to want to grant amnesty to many illegals when Chicago already has problems with high violence and high unemployment. I doubt granting amnesty to illegals will improve the issues affecting Chicago, especially when jobs are already hard to find there.

Obama gets some credit for the improving economy though but let's hope most of those jobs pay well.

If the Republican lead House could get the minimum wage bill passed those new found jobs would vastly improve the economy. I don't think President Obama is trying for amnesty, I think he just wants something to get done. You have to start somewhere and then fix the kinks.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bet black slaves felt the same way 100's of years
  • kingblaze84
    Options

If the Republican lead House could get the minimum wage bill passed those new found jobs would vastly improve the economy. I don't think President Obama is trying for amnesty, I think he just wants something to get done. You have to start somewhere and then fix the kinks.

Obama hasn't announced his plans yet, but in the past he's offered to create a path for citizenship for illegals, something that probably encouraged more people to come. So IDK, I'm willing to listen to whatever official plan he may have, hopefully it's one that doesn't make the problem worse.

As far as a minimum wage bill increasing it, the CBO admitted raising the minimum wage would destroy a lot of jobs due to many businesses who could not afford the raise. So that may not be the right move to make now when the recovery is so fragile.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no precedent for the way this congress has been acting so we don't know what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot. I know that a lot of ? should have been blocked under Bush Jr. But he got a golden ticket unlike this president. No comparison.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    There is no precedent for the way this congress has been acting so we don't know what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot. I know that a lot of ? should have been blocked under Bush Jr. But he got a golden ticket unlike this president. No comparison.

Horrible post. Obama had Democrats in the Senate and Congress for his first term. He had a lot of power. He lost the House in 2010 due to people being disappointed and still has the Senate. Obama passed a lot of stuff he wanted, even Obamacare, which is and was an unpopular law and he still forced it through.

Obama has been stopped on immigration reform aka amnesty, and its because too many people in border states do not want the influx of illegals who have hope they can get a ride to citizenship in a few years or permanent residency. Even liberal states like California have had people turning buses around carrying illegals, it's something people in border states don't want. Maybe they should take them to places like Chicago, which is an amnesty city (I'm sure the people in Chicago desperate for jobs would disagree though)
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Horrible post. Obama had Democrats in the Senate and Congress for his first term. He had a lot of power. He lost the House in 2010 due to people being disappointed and still has the Senate. Obama passed a lot of stuff he wanted, even Obamacare, which is and was an unpopular law and he still forced it through.

Obama has been stopped on immigration reform aka amnesty, and its because too many people in border states do not want the influx of illegals who have hope they can get a ride to citizenship in a few years or permanent residency. Even liberal states like California have had people turning buses around carrying illegals, it's something people in border states don't want. Maybe they should take them to places like Chicago, which is an amnesty city (I'm sure the people in Chicago desperate for jobs would disagree though)

Once again. Selective memory. I'm not going into the details..
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

This is the biggest problem with Obama fans. You guys put up weak as hell arguments lately. No wonder Obama's poll numbers are so low. Lower then even I expected at this point, and we all know I'm not a fan of his lol

Anyway...

@indyman87

82 people were shot, 14 killed in Chicago this weekend. But some say we should keep taking care of outsiders when we can't even take care of people in our cities

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/chicago-shootings-july-4-weekend_n_5562445.html

• Jabu_Rule
    edited July 2014
    Options

This is the biggest problem with Obama fans. You guys put up weak as hell arguments lately. No wonder Obama's poll numbers are so low. Lower then even I expected at this point, and we all know I'm not a fan of his lol

Anyway...

@indyman87

60 people were shot, 9 killed in Chicago this weekend. But some say we should keep taking care of outsiders when we can't even take care of people in our cities

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/07/chicago-shootings-july-4-weekend_n_5562445.html

You more repetitive then DoU. I'm not going back and forth when I've dismissed your argument every damn time you bring it up, which is often. Regardless of what people say to dismiss your propaganda, you're gonna keep on going. ? that. Like Obama, i'm going around your nonsense.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

Anyway...

@indyman87

60 people were shot, 9 killed in Chicago this weekend. But some say we should keep taking care of outsiders when we can't even take care of people in our cities

You more repetitive then DoU. I'm not going back and forth when I've dismissed your argument every damn time you bring it up, which is often. Regardless of what people say to dismiss your propaganda, you're gonna keep on going. ? that. Like Obama, i'm going around your nonsense.

Uh huh....I guess my propaganda is on the popular side then.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

"The LORD of hosts hath sworn by himself, saying, Surely I will fill thee with men, as with caterpillers; and they shall lift up a shout against thee." Jeremiah 51:14

The war cry is coming and the 10 kings shall be victorious over Babylon the Great. Amen.

Do you want America to fail and be destroyed or are you just making an observation...?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you want America to fail and be destroyed or are you just making an observation...?

I'm just being a watchman on the wall sounding the trumpet. Whosoever hears let them hear! Amen!