Is it time to make a "Welcome back to Cleveland" thread yet?

Options
LouboutinGawd
LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
Where the heat fans at?
2e54pj5.jpg

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ? cleveland and the ? ass crybabies in that city. cavs fans are like "this is lebrons chance at redemption to make up for his mistakes."

the ? ? so every college star outside of ohio that does their tv announcement on espn u and chooses ohio state over their local school like a penn state or texas etc made a mistake? dan gilbert the only ? who made a mistake. And after all these top draft picks but no playoffs its clear the only thing the cavs front office is good at is making money off lebron by doing nothing.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    man ? cleveland and the ? ass crybabies in that city. cavs fans are like "this is lebrons chance at redemption to make up for his mistakes."

the ? ? so every college star outside of ohio that does their tv announcement on espn u and chooses ohio state over their local school like a penn state or texas etc made a mistake? dan gilbert the only ? who made a mistake. And after all these top draft picks but no playoffs its clear the only thing the cavs front office is good at is making money off lebron by doing nothing.

fam.......what the f#ck are you talking about........and why are you so mad??

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jaemooms wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

fam.......what the f#ck are you talking about........and why are you so mad??

cleveland fans and even other nba fans want lebron to come back to his hometown and act like he was wrong for leaving. but they don't wanna blame their front office, their immature owner, or look at how hypocritical they are about the whole "decision" process went.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not all of Cleveland who hate Bron a few vids and pics of rednecks burning his jersey is not all of Cleveland....but I said from the beginning that he not and shouldn't come back ...I like our young team we have ..and wanna see what we can do ...the lebron era is over it was a great ride ...let's move on
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Posts just to be in when this "? " goes down.

Bout to be hilarious either way.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he aint goin there.

might be interesting if they trade for Wiggins for Love.

and maybe trade tristian thompson for....
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the fact broussard said the ? let you know it wont happen but it would be funny as ? if it did and he got on twitter and told everybody to eat a ?

ive noticed he been losing melanin with every lie he tell he gonna be invisible by the time kd hit the market
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Damn..
    So the city of Cleveland want Lebron back after all the hate..

lebron-james-return-cleveland-december-2.jpg

He stupid as hell if he go back..
    He don't owe Cleveland, he's not even from there..

I know a few people from Akron (Lebrons hometown),
    and they love him there,
    They say they'll always support him no matter what team he play for..

He's a mercenary. He's looking at rings, thats it. He sees their roster and feels thats a great way to set himself up long term. Its genius imo. Everybody talkin bout 'veteran leadership'. ? that, u put some young legs around him his life is easier n they gon eat.....if it happens.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? lame as hell if he go back to play for that slave master ass owner gilbert ... ? he might as well go play for sterling if he gone disrespect himself as a man like that ... sad bruh ... thought bron was a realer ? than that...
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd entertain the thought of going back just to ? with the people there just because. Hell, the old heads there are probably still salty about Jordan stabbing them with that game winner in the 80's.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At first I thought to myself:

"Lebron is a ? idiot if he goes back. At this point, the ring argument isnt as loud as the criticism of Lebron always looking for the easy way to rings and jetting when he doesn't win fast enough.....Not to mention that this invalidates his whole reason for leaving Cleveland in the first place....."

But then I thought about it....And I can say that Lebron is the first Iconic player i've seen to be this distrustful of front offices. Lebron is absurdly aware that any team he is on will instantly make money by the truckload, regardless how contention for a title they may or may not be. Meaning, teams don't have to win to keep butts in seats.....A feat given how unsupportive many of the NBA's fanbases can be....

Lebron's stance seems to be "As long as I feel that you're surrounding me with talent, putting ME into a position where I can win, ill stay.....But the second I feel that you're coasting off of my name/my talents......"

And can we blame him? Very few franchises are willing to be "loyal" to a player. The Spurs, who have a domineering coach who can influence team buy in on an epic level, are the only team who can break players of individual wants and while it has them 5 rings in 15 years, they still are woefully underrated as a franchise probably because of a lack of individual spirit/star power.

No I don't think we can entirely blame him...His name is a essentially a blank check to whoever is lucky enough to be aligned with it. However, there are times where you create the atmosphere you're in.

Ask yourself if you were a front office lucky enough to land Lebron James as a free agent, wouldnt you be happy that you've landed the biggest cash cow since Jordan, but also have a nervously safe assumption that its a good chance he'll skip town whenever he's displeased? Could you or rather WOULD you even TRY to build around a opinion that seems pretty mercurial at times?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    that ? lame as hell if he go back to play for that slave master ass owner gilbert ... ? he might as well go play for sterling if he gone disrespect himself as a man like that ... sad bruh ... thought bron was a realer ? than that...

hes not going back this is the media stiring up the ? . Hes not actually considering going back and had not said a single word about going back. If the media reported that he was staying in miami 100% nobody would watch. But when they spin that his agent talking to the cavs (like other teams) into lebron considering going back you get more page hits and attention.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    If they do get this nikka back I'ma have to apologize for clowning Cleveland for trying to get him back for 4 years. Still think they made a fool of themselves tho.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I can't even call it at this point. I thought LeBron going back to Miami was foregone conclusion. Now it wouldn't surprise me one way or the other.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People hate him for going to Miami, but he'll be the ultimate ? ? if he goes back to Cleveland
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    If I'm Lebron and I re-sign with Cleveland, I want a clause in the contract that forces Gilbert to apologize formally at the press conference for that butthurt, feels-ridden letter. AND he gotta eat crow for claiming the Cavs would win a championship before Bron did in Miami.

I'm sure Gilbert will do it out of desperation too.

That would be a monumental moment in black sports history.
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    no idea why he would want to play for Dan Gilbert again. Gilbert better publicly address that letter and apologize for it if that's the case.

Gilbert removed letter from team website last night.....

Bron better not go back....Gilbert sounded like donald sterling in that letter
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm Lebron... I have GIlbert publicly apologize for that letter, (thinking that I'll go to Cleveland if he does) then go back to Miami anyways.
  • jaemooms
    Options
    Lots of feelings in here....thats it, let it all out..

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At first I thought to myself:

"Lebron is a ? idiot if he goes back. At this point, the ring argument isnt as loud as the criticism of Lebron always looking for the easy way to rings and jetting when he doesn't win fast enough.....Not to mention that this invalidates his whole reason for leaving Cleveland in the first place....."

But then I thought about it....And I can say that Lebron is the first Iconic player i've seen to be this distrustful of front offices. Lebron is absurdly aware that any team he is on will instantly make money by the truckload, regardless how contention for a title they may or may not be. Meaning, teams don't have to win to keep butts in seats.....A feat given how unsupportive many of the NBA's fanbases can be....

Lebron's stance seems to be "As long as I feel that you're surrounding me with talent, putting ME into a position where I can win, ill stay.....But the second I feel that you're coasting off of my name/my talents......"

And can we blame him? Very few franchises are willing to be "loyal" to a player. The Spurs, who have a domineering coach who can influence team buy in on an epic level, are the only team who can break players of individual wants and while it has them 5 rings in 15 years, they still are woefully underrated as a franchise probably because of a lack of individual spirit/star power.

No I don't think we can entirely blame him...His name is a essentially a blank check to whoever is lucky enough to be aligned with it. However, there are times where you create the atmosphere you're in.

Ask yourself if you were a front office lucky enough to land Lebron James as a free agent, wouldnt you be happy that you've landed the biggest cash cow since Jordan, but also have a nervously safe assumption that its a good chance he'll skip town whenever he's displeased? Could you or rather WOULD you even TRY to build around a opinion that seems pretty mercurial at times?

Great drop.

As soon as you mentioned 'blank check by association' the first person that came to mind: Floyd Mayweather. Very similar. And you see how he runs his camp...he goes by his own rules, his own time, while the rest of the industry is affected by his moves and mad he doesnt do it the traditional/easy way.

Both are in similar positions: if they win, its oh well, you're supposed to. But people in droves prayin for them to lose or somehow ? up
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaemooms wrote: »
    Lots of feelings in here....thats it, let it all out..

You got more than ebough for everybody.
  • jaemooms
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Learn how to spell first........then get money
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    The CheapSeats jinx is real ...