edited July 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
Hulk Hogan joins NWO (Bash at beach 1996:
https://youtu.be/uxQpc5OBQm8

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Greatest heel turn ever, nobody saw this coming, I thought Luger was go be the one to turn. They stayed kicking the Macho Man ass damn near every week
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hogan going heel is the greatest thing that happened in wrestling history.

Hogans steam was dying, he was getting stale then bam, heel turn and it made him bigger than ever.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    The Greatest turn ever
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best heel turn ever
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For you old heads? Was this ? a complete surprise? Cuz I know today you'd get a report that Cena was going heel or some ? . I was four years old in 96 so I have no idea lol
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For you old heads? Was this ? a complete surprise? Cuz I know today you'd get a report that Cena was going heel or some ? . I was four years old in 96 so I have no idea lol

It was for me. Hogan was off TV for months filming a movie or his tv show so he was forgotten.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    when your NWO your NWO ...4....LIFE!!!! i was in high school when this ? popped off. me and my friends watched this ? and and was like OHHH SHIIIITTT!!! we were fans of NWO tho lol and this was b4 sting statred doing that crow ? .
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everyone was like a image it is Hogan then u think no fukin way and boom it was hogan
    word my jr high school was popping off too we started wearin nwo shirts all posted mad ? at lunch til our school banned them thought it was a gang smh
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, the way they build the storyline leading up to the match was great, Hall & Nash coming in from the WWF, and beating on people and then challenged Sting, Macho Man, Luger, and calling out Hogan too. At the time, a lot people thought they were bluffing, and thought they didn't have a 3rd person, and Hogan was gone for a while leading up to it too, so no one suspected it. It was best turn in wrestling history.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    turn was so huge, it was on the national news
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest heel turn or turn of any kind in the history of the business.

It was something that came out of nowhere and other than Heenan putting the idea in your mind just before it happened nobody saw it coming.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Heenan almost ruined it and backtracked with the quickness.

I just remember running all over like "hulk hogan is a bad guy!!!"

The whole room went quiet and we all had the weebay going

wee-bey.gif
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's so dope. Internet ruining wrestling surprises. Lol

I asked that cuz I finally watched this pay per view last week on the network and pretty much the whole night they hyped up the third member. Damn that's goat.

Also that Rey mysterious jr vs phychosis match to start was GOAT
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everyone was like a image it is Hogan then u think no fukin way and boom it was hogan
    word my jr high school was popping off too we started wearin nwo shirts all posted mad ? at lunch til our school banned them thought it was a gang smh

lol and SMH @ the public school system. they really do think they know what they talk about. mother ? banned HOUSE SHOES at my school because they said it was "gang related clothing". ? HOUSE SHOES, I wore em not because of gang ? but because my got damn feet hurt from playing football and basketball and Id like to relax them before I got to practice after walking around all day at school. stupid ? .
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol and SMH @ the public school system. they really do think they know what they talk about. mother ? banned HOUSE SHOES at my school because they said it was "gang related clothing". ? HOUSE SHOES, I wore em not because of gang ? but because my got damn feet hurt from playing football and basketball and Id like to relax them before I got to practice after walking around all day at school. stupid ? .

lol they banned white tee's at my school cuz a ? got jumped and everybody who did the stomping had one white tee's.

But this had to be the greatest shock in WCW history. I don't think nobdy saw Hulk putting the red n gold down and throwing on the black n white of the nWo. One of the greatest times of my childhood memory was watching wrestling. But yeah after this happened it was nWo everything!!! ? was a cult following for real. Then it got out of hand when they had all them other nWo factions showing up like the Latino world order SMH WcW was milking that cow a little to much.

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Watched the 1st Souled Out last nite on the network.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »

lol they banned white tee's at my school cuz a ? got jumped and everybody who did the stomping had one white tee's.

But this had to be the greatest shock in WCW history. I don't think nobdy saw Hulk putting the red n gold down and throwing on the black n white of the nWo. One of the greatest times of my childhood memory was watching wrestling. But yeah after this happened it was nWo everything!!! ? was a cult following for real. Then it got out of hand when they had all them other nWo factions showing up like the Latino world order SMH WcW was milking that cow a little to much.

white tees tho? SMH

yeah nWo is the greatest faction of all time and its not even close. people dont give it that credit because "half the locker room joined" or "it became corny because of the wolfpac or lWo" yet praise DX for childish humor and mildly ? antics.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "not only are we going to take over the wrestling business... we are going to destroy everything in our path.."

crazy how true that was..
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    ? just reminded me how GOAT my childhood was, like forreal.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

white tees tho? SMH

yeah nWo is the greatest faction of all time and its not even close. people dont give it that credit because "half the locker room joined" or "it became corny because of the wolfpac or lWo" yet praise DX for childish humor and mildly ? antics.

Hell yeah bruh white tee's tried to do the same with RIP shirts to. ? only stuck for the 1st 3 months of the school year

Yup I realized this the other day when I mentioned Val Venus at work and nobody that was there at the time knew who he was SMH
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably one of the best promos of all time
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

white tees tho? SMH

Hell yeah bruh white tee's tried to do the same with RIP shirts to. ? only stuck for the 1st 3 months of the school year

Yup I realized this the other day when I mentioned Val Venus at work and nobody that was there at the time knew who he was SMH

Val Venis damn near gettin kaientai'd was prolly the most dramatic tv scene of my childhood. I thought I knew it all, a real kid smark... But when that sword sliced down and raw ended, I was in kayfabe world.

Wrestling was so great back then that the mid card was main event material .

Al snow vs Bossman and Benoit vs booker t for the tv title could lead a program now
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hell to the yeah. I swear it breathed new life into WCW. And fans throwing everything at them but the kitchen sink made it that much better.

If Cena went heel, the shock value wouldn't even come close to Hogan's heel turn. I honestly was expecting some mid level type to be the 3rd person. Someone you would be shocked, but 5mins later be over it. Hogan's heel turn went on for a week it seemed. And just kept gettin better and better.