Roman Reigns is gonna be the next Cena, how would you book him?

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just hope they give him an expanded moveset. And don't make him look like Superman 2.0, I understand he's a badass/fighting dude, but don't make him defy all odds like Cena has done so many times.

First year I can see Orton, then hhh, then lesner, then Cena at next year's summerslam, Bryan at wm32.

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's already making small additions to the moveset, like u said dont have him defy "the odds" so often and obviously, and have him keep the bad ass edge that they made cena sacrifice for them weak ass kids
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I keep saying hes the new Batista. I'm sticking with that.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't hope for the expanded moveset. Then again unlike most of you guys I don't watch WWE for varied technical wrestling or traditional pro wrestling booking. I have other options for that and know WWE would never truly deliver that. WWE is strictly about sports entertainment so I don't expect much else.

As long as the guy has an energetic aura that keeps the live audience invested (charisma, storytelling, ring psychology) for 20 min or whatever I could learn to live with the limited moveset. It's about how it's executed and paced and WWE is about spacing out the spots. That's how the psychology of the "WWE style" has been handled in the 27 years since I first saw a WWF match and it will never change.

So looking at it from that perspective I just hope once they fully pull the trigger that they book him more like a Warrior or Goldberg and less like Cena, Lex Express Luger or babyface HBK from 1996. You know the prototypical goody goody Vince McMahon Superman archetype that sticks out like a sore thumb when put up against the rest of the roster. He needs to be the opposite of that. He needs to stick out due to a unique presence again like Warrior or Goldberg.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Def new Warrior. You took off the facepaint added tattoos and put on a new costume. He also resembles Goldberg cuz of the spear obviously, the intense look, and doesn't gave to say much to get a pop or get his point across. Less is more with roman.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr. Rich Pryor
    Mr. Rich Pryor Members Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just keep him a muthaphukkin badass & book him right
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did notice last week that when he came thru the crowd, he was fist pounding with a few fans, that's cool as long as he ain't high fiving them, less is more