Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bargnani CANNOT START. ? HIM
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? tho, good luck to the Knicks in the new season. I am not a Knicks fan, but them winning a chip is a good look for NY. So good luck to all y'all.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I 'm liking shane Larkins game. The former first round pick. Who didn't play last season due to ending injury. Kid is quick off his feet. Very quick. I like what I am seeing overall from him. Got some serious skills. Can ? the paint, can shoot off the dribble. Can handle the ball. Got a 3 point shot and a mid range game.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    I 'm liking shane Larkins game. The former first round pick. Who didn't play last season due to ending injury. Kid is quick off his feet. Very quick. I like what I am seeing overall from him. Got some serious skills. Can ? the paint, can shoot off the dribble. Can handle the ball. Got a 3 point shot and a mid range game.

I like that they are trusting eachother overall and playing with hustle and defense. I really think our second unit can be great for real.
  • iron man1
    Options
    Anyone heard of phil looking at picking up bynum?? Please tell me that's some ? smh.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just read bynum not even going to play next season. That news better be ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apoptosis wrote: »
    Good luck....yall gon need it

No luck needed in this #KnickLife
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I expect 45-37, Knicks won 37 games last year with ? offense and switching on defense and opposing guards using Felton as a turnstile.
    Bargs and Amare can be traded by deadline since they are expiring contracts. JR.....Earls gonna be terrible. Shumpert? Disappointing man.
    Should be good 5-6th in the East. I'm being optimistic. Team should be more optimistic. Who's gonna defend the rim though? Dalembert?

Melo, 26ppg 7rpg 3apg, 46/39/84 shooting split. 2nd team All-NBA.

Why would they trade Amare and Bargs at the deadline? If they are going to be a playoff team then at least Amare is going to hsve to be a key contributor, why blow it up halfway unless they for some odd reason get a ridiculous deal they can't walk away from, they might as well ride it out at least with Amare, of course they could end up being just as trash as they were last year then it doesn't matter what they do
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I just read bynum not even going to play next season. That news better be ?

I thought Bynum was done anyway how is this surprising?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Nevermind read your post before iron man's, thought you were upset Bynum was taking a season off
  • MeTaL
    Options
    Source: Knicks open to dealing J.R., Shump

By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

Working to clear the logjam in the backcourt, the Knicks are discussing their potential trade options with guards J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert and Shane Larkin, a league source said Sunday.

“They’re working on trying to make a move in the backcourt,” the NBA source familiar with the Knicks’ thinking said.

The idea that the Knicks are trying to make a trade to balance the roster isn’t earth-shattering. President Phil Jackson and GM Steve Mills have mentioned the Knicks have a surplus in the backcourt, with Mills saying last week the Knicks are “heavy” at shooting guard.

The issue for the Knicks, of course, is deciding whom to send out in a trade and figuring out what they can get in return in such a transaction.

Tim Hardaway Jr. has been deemed virtually untouchable, per a source.

Smith, the 2012-13 Sixth Man Award winner, has a player option in his contract for $6.4 million for the 2015-16 season and is coming off what he called the worst season of his NBA career. As such, it is unclear how much interest he could draw on the open market.

Shumpert is viewed as a strong defender but couldn’t find his comfort zone on offense last season. He was made available in several trade proposals throughout the season. His value at this point in the trade market is also unclear.

Larkin was recently acquired from the Mavericks in the trade that also netted Jose Calderon and Samuel Dalembert.

The Knicks tried to include Shumpert in deals earlier in the offseason in an effort to unload the contracts of Andrea Bargnani ($11.5 million) and Amar'e Stoudemire ($23.4 million). No deal materialized for either player. It is unclear if such packages are still being discussed or if the guards are being offered individually at this point.

The Knicks have four shooting guards on the roster. They also haven’t ruled out re-signing free-agent PG/SG Toure' Murry. He has drawn interest from the Utah Jazz and Miami Heat, according to a report Sunday from the Salt Lake Tribune.
  • MeTaL
    Options
    Metta World Peace wants to continue his basketball career, and the New York Knicks are thinking about taking the plunge once again.

Marc Berman of the New York Post reported Saturday that the Knicks have had internal discussions about giving World Peace a non-guaranteed training-camp invite. The 34-year-old forward would not be guaranteed a roster spot and would have to prove his worth to make the roster.

"[World Peace] has the utmost respect for Phil [Jackson] and Derek [Fisher]," Marc Cornstein, World Peace's agent, told Berman. "There’s a history there. They know he’s out there."

World Peace, a Queens native, played 29 games for the Knicks last season. He averaged 4.8 points and 2.0 rebounds per game on 39.7 percent shooting before the team bought him out of his contract in February. He struggled with injuries for much of his shortened campaign and was unable to carve a niche in former coach Mike Woodson's rotation.

Woodson was fired after leading the Knicks to a 37-45 season. Jackson, who took over in March as president of basketball operations, hired Fisher as his replacement this summer. Fisher got his first coaching experience in the Las Vegas Summer League, where he began installing Jackson's triangle offense.

The Knicks may have interest in World Peace simply due to his familiarity with the system. World Peace played for Jackson with the Lakers from 2009-2011. Fisher was his teammate for three of his four seasons in Los Angeles. Between Jackson and Fisher, the pair know World Peace well and have an understanding of how to deal with his at-times unconventional behavior.

It would be interesting to see how much World Peace has left in the tank. Knee issues have sapped much of his once-excellent lateral quickness and athleticism. A former Defensive Player of the Year, World Peace is now only effective when guarding power forwards or bigger wings. Opposing players shot 60 percent against him in limited isolation situations last season, per Synergy Sports (subscription required).

When released by the Knicks, teams weighed the cost/benefit of having him on their roster and decided to pass. Woodson, as noted by Berman, clashed with World Peace last season, leading to the player asking for a buyout. The Knicks will pay him $250,000 as per the terms of the agreement.

Overall, though, World Peace remains an above-average defender. He was in the 90th percentile on a points-per-possession basis last season and is a heady player who understands team-defense concepts. Given the Knicks' proclivity for mental lapses on that end, Fisher might want to look into having him around for that purpose alone.

World Peace has also developed into an underrated three-point shooter. He shot just 31.5 percent last season but has been around league average or better for much of the last half-decade. It's typically a bit of an adventure when he shoots—shot selection is not among World Peace's positive qualities—but he makes shots at a high enough rate that most defenses respect him.

It's unclear whether he can still produce at a rate necessary to justify the potential downfall of bringing him in. By giving him a non-guaranteed camp invite, the Knicks can mitigate their risk and still add a potential bench cog on the cheap. World Peace would likely sign a veteran's minimum contract without a guarantee date.

Either way, just when most had begun writing World Peace's career off, he comes back with a surprise return to the headlines. Let's see if anything comes of it.

Follow Tyler Conway (@tylerconway22) on Twitter.

• Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll pass on Ron Artest...
  • D0wn
    Options
    a lot of people gave up on him but I'm not gonna sleep on Barg just yet.

Barg was putting in work before he got injured
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks waived Shannon today...
  • iron man1
    Options

Well damn. So now it's only what shump, tim jr, larkin, and jr smith? I'll assume one more guard is probably getting traded but long as it's not tim jr and larkin I'm cool.
  • D0wn
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Well damn. So now it's only what shump, tim jr, larkin, and jr smith? I'll assume one more guard is probably getting traded but long as it's not tim jr and larkin I'm cool.

Jr getting the boot. That ? built himself a reputation.
    Coach Woody, really had his back, and believed in him. yet u saw how J.R did him ? .
    Trust me Phil took that in to account . That ? is outta here.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My condolences.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? not getting rid of jr smith
  • MeTaL
    Options
    Knicks sign Cleanthony Early

The Knicks have signed rookie Cleanthony Early to a contract. The team announced the signing on Friday afternoon.

New York drafted Early with the 34th pick of the 2014 NBA Draft. Contract details were not released.

Due to the Knicks’ salary cap restraints and Early’s status as a second-round pick, the most New York would be able to offer Early is a two-year contract worth the minimum salary ($507,336 in Year One and $845,059 in Year Two).

The Knicks hope that Early can step in to the rotation and backup Carmelo Anthony and others at small forward. In four games in the Las Vegas Summer League, Early averaged 11.5 points on 45 percent shooting.

The Knicks also may still re-sign Toure' Murry. The free agent guard has drawn interest from the Heat, Jazz and Clippers, according to a league source.
  • iron man1
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Knicks sign Cleanthony Early

The Knicks have signed rookie Cleanthony Early to a contract. The team announced the signing on Friday afternoon.

New York drafted Early with the 34th pick of the 2014 NBA Draft. Contract details were not released.

Due to the Knicks’ salary cap restraints and Early’s status as a second-round pick, the most New York would be able to offer Early is a two-year contract worth the minimum salary ($507,336 in Year One and $845,059 in Year Two).

The Knicks hope that Early can step in to the rotation and backup Carmelo Anthony and others at small forward. In four games in the Las Vegas Summer League, Early averaged 11.5 points on 45 percent shooting.

The Knicks also may still re-sign Toure' Murry. The free agent guard has drawn interest from the Heat, Jazz and Clippers, according to a league source.

I'm not sure what to think about him yet but I do like that he brings it every game and seems to have a good work ethic.
  • iron man1
    Options
    So phil traded Elliot and Jeremy Tyler for Quincy Ardy and Travis Outlaw apparently smh not liking that tyler trade at the moment.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm curious about that Antetokounmpo cat judging by his numbers he's steady on defense but not as physically gifted as his Milwaukee Buck brother.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Forgot Calderon, Shump is in a contract year I can see him ballin out, they should play Smith primarily at the 3 backing up Melo or playing small ball with Melo at the 4 and wait til the deadline before they trade anyone in that backcourt unless they're getting good value back, there's no reason Smith can't play like he did in 2012, but if he continues to underachieve like last year they should trade his ass for a 2nd round pick