Original Writers of the Torah.

Options
Ajackson17
Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll start off with this link so we can get started excuse me since I'm on mobile. We can get started with peer review research and ancient writings helping us uncover the truth.

http://www.clt.astate.edu/wnarey/Religious Studies Program/Religion Studies Program/Religious Studies Program Files/Documentary_Hypothesis.htm

@jackal‌

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight just read it I'm in my phone to when I get to the crib ima read the sources to
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Sweet, not saying the bible is fantasy but there is some political control and some ? who like to control and that's why I need to get back to studying hebrew.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean, SMH. The Torah was never said to be written by one person. The book was written by prophets that was chosen to write at that certain time
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Well, I want some info and archeological and some research. It will be interesting, this is a project I'm doing myself.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the purpose of this thread?????

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who wrote down the teaching of ifa worship??? Or for that matter the teachings of the sangomas of the Zulu?? What about the Akan peoples.
  • Ajackson17
    edited October 2015
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Who wrote down the teaching of ifa worship??? Or for that matter the teachings of the sangomas of the Zulu?? What about the Akan peoples.

Solomon's daughter or maybe sister wrote genesis 1

Ifa was verbal and the great teacher Orunmila gave them the teachings. I don't know much about the Zulus belief system tbh, The Akan tribes you should know more since you are Akan. @zzombie
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Chronicles by the Priestly class.

@cain wrote genesis 3 and up
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    The Ugarits and the Summerians in General wrote the bible. It was just reconstituted by Cyrus the great.
  • zzombie
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Solomon's daughter or maybe sister wrote genesis 1

Ifa was verbal and the great teacher Orunmila gave them the teachings. I don't know much about the Zulus belief system tbh, The Akan tribes you should know more since you are Akan. @zzombie

It was not a serious question NOBODY really knows who wrote or created any of these religions with 100% certainty ESPECIALLY THE AFRICAN religions. We can only point to best estimates
  • zzombie
    Options
    The Ugarits and the Summerians in General wrote the bible. It was just reconstituted by Cyrus the great.

Total nonsense. The bible and by bible I assume you mean the old testament was written way after the summerians had faded into history.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Total nonsense. The bible and by bible I assume you mean the old testament was written way after the summerians had faded into history.

source, yeah, but not the bible lol, they were absorbed or wiped out..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There comes a point when trying to make sense of this aspect of the Holy Books is a bit pointless. I'm all for getting knowledge, but at some point, if you're a believer, you have to make the leap of faith that the books were in some part inspired by ? . If you can't do that, you're wasting your time as a believer.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    There comes a point when trying to make sense of this aspect of the Holy Books is a bit pointless. I'm all for getting knowledge, but at some point, if you're a believer, you have to make the leap of faith that the books were in some part inspired by ? . If you can't do that, you're wasting your time as a believer.

I ain't a believer. I want some to know through archaeology and understanding the culture from a scientific part since it contributed so much to history.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ain't a believer. I want some to know through archaeology and understanding the culture from a scientific part since it contributed so much to history.

I understand why you're putting this there. I'm just pointing out that there is a point where believers will simply not care about this info. You can tell them that the Bible was put together by a Roman council who most definitely had political agendas to push and they will still say that ? led them to do what they did. They pretty much have to believe that. It's where faith comes in and is the foundation of Christianity.
  • rodneyskinner
    Options

Google it my dude. Psalms supposedly the bible says it was written by David or the sons of Korah. Yet you find the exact same Psalms being written in Ugarit. Sumerians who Abrahams ethnicity was from long ago had the story of Noah, Garden in Eden, Adam man. Next there is no archaelogical evidence to support Davids Kingdom as described in the bible or Solomons temple. In fact after the schism between Rehoboam and Jereboam they talk about a time where Israel was being supported by Egypt to attack Judah. Yet the stella at Meggido shows he attacked the northern kingdoms and never attacked Judah. That's why all of the names in the Bible actually translate into the description of the character in the tale. Cause its made up. Fallacy. No exodus, no first kingdom, no solomons wealth. No destruction of the first temple because it never existed.
  • zzombie
    Options

Google it my dude. Psalms supposedly the bible says it was written by David or the sons of Korah. Yet you find the exact same Psalms being written in Ugarit. Sumerians who Abrahams ethnicity was from long ago had the story of Noah, Garden in Eden, Adam man. Next there is no archaelogical evidence to support Davids Kingdom as described in the bible or Solomons temple. In fact after the schism between Rehoboam and Jereboam they talk about a time where Israel was being supported by Egypt to attack Judah. Yet the stella at Meggido shows he attacked the northern kingdoms and never attacked Judah. That's why all of the names in the Bible actually translate into the description of the character in the tale. Cause its made up. Fallacy. No exodus, no first kingdom, no solomons wealth. No destruction of the first temple because it never existed.

The bible is the ethnogenesis of the jewish people since they claim descent from a abraham a man from UR which was part of BABYLON THEN the early stories of the O.t being similar to older stories actually makes perfect sense and they are authentically part of jewish heritage.

the exodus, solomons wealth and all the rest represent the perspective of the people writing generations later as for them actually existing the evidence is still in dispute but i do know that a few years ago they found a tablet/stone mentioning the house of david thus indicating that it is quite possible that david did exist
  • rodneyskinner
    Options

source, yeah, but not the bible lol, they were absorbed or wiped out..
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/archeology-hebrew-bible.html

Read it all for yourself. Read about when the religion began. Read what the Persians did to other religions before starting a military campaign. You have to remember that during the time Cyrus was engaging in a military war with Egypt and the neighboring cities.
  • zzombie
    Options
    THAT article actually gave credence to what i've been saying. That the events in the bible happened but are blown out of proportion by the jews and that house of david existed
  • rodneyskinner
    Options
    THAT article actually gave credence to what i've been saying. That the events in the bible happened but are blown out of proportion by the jews and that house of david existed

That's like saying Independence day the movie is real cause it happened in real cities. If all of the wars and events are lies its fiction and not the truth. Again I go back to the Philistines in the Bible. None of it is true down to Camels and Goliath wearing armor out of his time period. There may have been a king named David like there was a news crew and television station but if the events are true its all made up.
  • zzombie
    Options

That's like saying Independence day the movie is real cause it happened in real cities. If all of the wars and events are lies its fiction and not the truth. Again I go back to the Philistines in the Bible. None of it is true down to Camels and Goliath wearing armor out of his time period. There may have been a king named David like there was a news crew and television station but if the events are true its all made up.

If me and you witness the same events and write books about them we are going to have different books and the interview doesn't even say what you think it says. It basically just says that the Israelites blew things out of proportion and only gives one perspective.

It actually affirms the possibility that these people existed. Goliath had a brass armour and the philistines are most likely the name the Israelites gave to the "sea peoples".

All these things were written about thousands of years ago. You people want perfect retellings but we don't even have perfect retellings of events that happen today.
  • rodneyskinner
    Options

If me and you witness the same events and write books about them we are going to have different books and the interview doesn't even say what you think it says. It basically just says that the Israelites blew things out of proportion and only gives one perspective.

It actually affirms the possibility that these people existed. Goliath had a brass armour and the philistines are most likely the name the Israelites gave to the "sea peoples".

All these things were written about thousands of years ago. You people want perfect retellings but we don't even have perfect retellings of events that happen today.

None of that is proven in fact. It all conjecture. You know of a sea people because they destroyed the Ugarits. The sea people were no longer a factor when David came to power. They specific cities in which Philistines controlled not sea people. So that's simply Cognitive dissonance making excuses for no credible evidence. Goliaths Armor was from Greeks in the 6th century BC and not from the 10th century BC the story claims it was writen in.

Its not perfect retelling. You are asking us to believe stories which are proven false and or written by other religions. Why are these other religions so implausible if they wrote them down first.
  • zzombie
    Options

None of that is proven in fact. It all conjecture. You know of a sea people because they destroyed the Ugarits. The sea people were no longer a factor when David came to power. They specific cities in which Philistines controlled not sea people. So that's simply Cognitive dissonance making excuses for no credible evidence. Goliaths Armor was from Greeks in the 6th century BC and not from the 10th century BC the story claims it was writen in.

Its not perfect retelling. You are asking us to believe stories which are proven false and or written by other religions. Why are these other religions so implausible if they wrote them down first.

who told you goliath got his armor from greeks??? even if he did use 6th century armor in the 10 century so what??? that does not prove your point. I have a computer i can still use a typewriter and there is no sure bet that any of these stories happened exactly in the centuries we think it may have been sooner or laster

The philestines were the sea people/ they descended from what is called the sea people. The term philestine is really a catch all term for these various groups. the sea people were not just one group of people and they did not all just live on the coasts/islands.

You can believe what you wish you can believe any version of the history that you want but there is increasing proof that these events happened archaeologist are finding pieces here and pieces and there that suggest alot of the historical claims of the bible are in some sense real

• zzombie
    Options
    Nothing that happened before reliable recording technology can be proven it's all the perspective of individuals
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    From my research the philistines descend from the minioan society. I think they came after a volcano erupted around 1600 BCE