Christians, are you ready to abandon your religion?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    @‌christians

do you follow the holy bible fully, or only certain texts?

as in deuternorium etc

dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

Christian follow the teachings of Christ

Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

And we all know this, this is nothing new, Yah deals with the spirit not flesh, we all can reach Christ consciousness, and yes their was others

But there is only one King of Kings, The High Priest, The Messiah Yahshua

Yeshua was a man. Enlightened as he may have been, assuming he actually existed, he was just a man, not to be elevated above you or I.

We should all strive to be superior men but there is no reason to value another's existence over your own. You don't need a messiah, a king, or a savior. You can do all of that for yourself by arming yourself with life's resources at your disposal.

Throw your religion to the wayside. You will be just fine without it. You too @DoUwant2go2Heaven

If men LIKE ME threw our religions to the wayside this world would be a much more dangerous place because it was belief in ? that turned me from what was my natural childhood inclination which was toward heartlessness.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Christians follow the teachings of those who allegedly followed Yeshua bin Yosef. There have been, and are, many Christs throughout history.

You know what i mean

No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.

No those teachings are not outdated i use them all the time and so do millions of people all over the world, I agree that through out history the collection of scriptures called the bible has been used by evil men for evil purposes but it's words are still the truth and can be trusted that's the faith period

i do determine my path and i have determined that the teachings of the christ are the truth and in them i have found all things, a way to peace, wealth and joy and strength and much more if you have not found the same things in those teachings then tuff ? for you, you have my sympathy.

There are people that still use a single metal blade to shave. That doesn't make it less obsolete in comparison to razors with multiple blades or electric shavers. My point is that there are some really nice philosophical ideas in the bible, but they aren't anything that logic and compassion wouldn't lead a competent mind to imagine on its own.

Calling Yeshua "THE Christ" is playing semantics. You can call Obama "THE President" but that doesn't make him the only President on the planet. "Christ" isn't a name, it is a title and you could claim it for yourself if only you stopped limiting yourself with Christian thought.

Anoint yourself. Appoint yourself.
    @‌christians

as in deuternorium etc

dont eat pork, no shaving, not being with women/men sexually before marriage etc etc

Whose your favorite Christ like figure from history? Mine is Hercules. He died and came back from the dead too, plus I'm sure he could kick Jesus' ass. Horus is second. Funny how Horus' story is so much like Jesus' story.....

Off the top of my head, Marcus Garvey. The US government ? him over, but he was a genius with a great course of action for his people.

Co-sign Horus. Damn shame Christians stole his story.

A old style razor is often a better blade and gives a better cut than the expensive new razors therefore it is not obsolete, the other systems of belief i find to be lacking, what you consider to be compassion may not be to someone else what is good in your logical system may be evil for someone else. That is a fact.

I find the idea of any man anointing himself to be a christ deeply disgusting it's the epitome of arrogance and arrogance is the worst of all human traits.

There is only one christ that was anointed to bring salvation to all mankind

Surely you've heard of the story behind Constantine and the phrase "In hoc signo vinces". THAT is Christian arrogance which translated into murder, slavery, and oppression.

@BARON_$AMEDI major co-sign. Polytheism is much closer to the world we live in than the invisible sky daddy theory.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

You know what i mean

No, I don't know what you mean. I can only know the words in which you use. Whatever Yeshua's actual mission and purpose were, there is no guarantee that they were what the founders of Christianity claim them to be. It's been proven that the bible was co-opted and mistranslated several times over. You can say you're following Christ's teachings, but that doesn't make it so.

And why would you want to anyway? Those teachings are outdated and largely useless in today's society. Let go of your religion and choose a higher path, one that you determine for yourself.

No those teachings are not outdated i use them all the time and so do millions of people all over the world, I agree that through out history the collection of scriptures called the bible has been used by evil men for evil purposes but it's words are still the truth and can be trusted that's the faith period

i do determine my path and i have determined that the teachings of the christ are the truth and in them i have found all things, a way to peace, wealth and joy and strength and much more if you have not found the same things in those teachings then tuff ? for you, you have my sympathy.

There are people that still use a single metal blade to shave. That doesn't make it less obsolete in comparison to razors with multiple blades or electric shavers. My point is that there are some really nice philosophical ideas in the bible, but they aren't anything that logic and compassion wouldn't lead a competent mind to imagine on its own.

Calling Yeshua "THE Christ" is playing semantics. You can call Obama "THE President" but that doesn't make him the only President on the planet. "Christ" isn't a name, it is a title and you could claim it for yourself if only you stopped limiting yourself with Christian thought.

@‌christians

as in deuternorium etc

Whose your favorite Christ like figure from history? Mine is Hercules. He died and came back from the dead too, plus I'm sure he could kick Jesus' ass. Horus is second. Funny how Horus' story is so much like Jesus' story.....

Off the top of my head, Marcus Garvey. The US government ? him over, but he was a genius with a great course of action for his people.

A old style razor is often a better blade and gives a better cut than the expensive new razors therefore it is not obsolete, the other systems of belief i find to be lacking, what you consider to be compassion may not be to someone else what is good in your logical system may be evil for someone else. That is a fact.

I find the idea of any man anointing himself to be a christ deeply disgusting it's the epitome of arrogance and arrogance is the worst of all human traits.

Surely you've heard of the story behind Constantine and the phrase "In hoc signo vinces". THAT is Christian arrogance which translated into murder, slavery, and oppression.

@BARON_$AMEDI major co-sign. Polytheism is much closer to the world we live in than the invisible sky daddy theory.

I don't give a ? about constantine and the phase is not christian arrogance it's constantine arrogance but someone like yourself that supports anointing themselves "a christ" is in no position to call any one arrogant, you basically have the spirit of the devil, you want to replace ? with yourself.
  • soul rattler
    Options

You know what i mean

@‌christians

as in deuternorium etc

I don't give a ? about constantine and the phase is not christian arrogance it's constantine arrogance but someone like yourself that supports anointing themselves "a christ" is in no position to call any one arrogant, you basically have the spirit of the devil, you want to replace ? with yourself.
    Word. Cause...
    Psalms 82-6

New International Version
    "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

New Living Translation
    I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High.

English Standard Version
    I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

New American Standard Bible
    I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

King James Bible
    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    I said, "You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.

International Standard Version
    "Indeed I said, 'You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.

NET Bible
    I thought, 'You are gods; all of you are sons of the Most High.'

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    I have said, “You are gods; you are all children of The Highest!

? 'S WORD® Translation
    I said, "You are gods. You are all sons of the Most High.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are sons of the most High.

King James 2000 Bible
    I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
    I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    I have said: You are gods and all of you the sons of the most High.

Darby Bible Translation
    I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High;

English Revised Version
    I said, Ye are gods, and all of you sons of the Most High.

Webster's Bible Translation
    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the Most High.

World English Bible
    I said, "You are gods, all of you are sons of the Most High.

Young's Literal Translation
    I -- I have said, 'Gods ye are, And sons of the Most High -- all of you,
    http://biblehub.com/psalms/82-6.htm

There is no devil here. Only squandered intelligence and potential. Leave your religion now.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

You know what i mean

@‌christians

as in deuternorium etc

Word. Cause...
    Psalms 82-6

New International Version
    "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

New Living Translation
    I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High.

English Standard Version
    I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

New American Standard Bible
    I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

King James Bible
    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    I said, "You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.

International Standard Version
    "Indeed I said, 'You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.

NET Bible
    I thought, 'You are gods; all of you are sons of the Most High.'

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    I have said, “You are gods; you are all children of The Highest!

? 'S WORD® Translation
    I said, "You are gods. You are all sons of the Most High.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are sons of the most High.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version
    I said, Ye are gods, And all of you sons of the Most High.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    I have said: You are gods and all of you the sons of the most High.

Darby Bible Translation
    I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the Most High;

English Revised Version
    I said, Ye are gods, and all of you sons of the Most High.

Webster's Bible Translation
    I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the Most High.

World English Bible
    I said, "You are gods, all of you are sons of the Most High.

Young's Literal Translation
    I -- I have said, 'Gods ye are, And sons of the Most High -- all of you,
    http://biblehub.com/psalms/82-6.htm

There is no devil here. Only squandered intelligence and potential. Leave your religion now.

You don't want to be "a ? " you want to be" the ? " you are promoting the removal of the most high ? from his rightful place and the placement of man in that place.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @SOULRATTLER what you promote is similar to what the serpent in the garden of eden story promoted. Your juvenile attempts are not going to work on someone who has actually studied theology and philosophy.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Wrong. "? " is a title that merely represents superiority... something that we all should strive towards.

I am promoting the removal of the idea that we are eternal subordinates to some extra-terrestrial character. I am promoting the idea that we can be great all on our own, capable of wonderful and terrible things equally.

You don't need Chrisitianty. Leave it.
  • zombie
    Options
    Wrong. "? " is a title that merely represents superiority... something that we all should strive towards.

I am promoting the removal of the idea that we are eternal subordinates to some extra-terrestrial character. I am promoting the idea that we can be great all on our own, capable of wonderful and terrible things equally.

When i and most christians use the term ? we mean the most high ? , the ? of abraham stop all the semantics and word splitting you are doing you know what i mean.

Man was made with great power and we have great power but by virtue that we are created being we are subordinate i don't need to eat sugar but i would not want to live without it life would be dreadful without it.
  • soul rattler
    Options

When i and most christians use the term ? we mean the most high ? , the ? of abraham stop all the semantics and word splitting you are doing you know what i mean.

Man was made with great power and we have great power but by virtue that we are created being we are subordinate i don't need to eat sugar but i would not want to live without it life would be dreadful without it.
    That's just the problem: You casually toss around terminology like Christ, ? , Satan, and Lucifer, using them inaccurately or flat out incorrectly. This is more than semantics. This is acknowledging these theoretic concepts for what they are. Not what some ignorant, racist, power hungry 2nd Century fools misunderstood them to be.

Also, we weren't created. We evolved. But that's a different thread altogether.

Throw away your Christianity.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

That's just the problem: You casually toss around terminology like Christ, ? , Satan, and Lucifer, using them inaccurately or flat out incorrectly. This is more than semantics. This is acknowledging these theoretic concepts for what they are. Not what some ignorant, racist, power hungry 2nd Century fools misunderstood them to be.

Everything was created even if it evolved it had to come from something and that something had to come from something. ? IS THE ONLY exception to this because FOR THEIR to be a ? it would have to be beyond all things yet able to create things.

You are just using sophistry and word games and you know it . To a christian the term christ refers to one man, and yes there have been other anointed ones but only one to bring salvation to all mankind. WHEN we say ? we mean the most high ? . I never used the word lucifer or satan. Throw away your ignorance
  • soul rattler
    Options

Everything was created even if it evolved it had to come from something and that something had to come from something. ? IS THE ONLY exception to this because FOR THEIR to be a ? it would have to be beyond all things yet able to create things.

You are just using sophistry and word games and you know it . To a christian the term christ refers to one man, and yes there have been other anointed ones but only one to bring salvation to all mankind. WHEN we say ? we mean the most high ? . I never used the word lucifer or satan. Throw away your ignorance
    Are you even aware of what you're "? " actually is?

Christians like to talk about their ? as if it is a capable being equipped with emotions and the ability to do things and speak. But then they'll turn around and say their ? is a spirit. Ask them what a spirit is, and you'll get multiple answers which contradict one another. A spirit in its correct definition could not show emotion or perform tasks or speak anymore than a chair can. It is an inanimate thing.
  • zombie
    Options

Christians like to talk about their ? as if it is a capable being equipped with emotions and the ability to do things and speak. But then they'll turn around and say their ? is a spirit. Ask them what a spirit is, and you'll get multiple answers which contradict one another. A spirit in its correct definition could not show emotion or perform tasks or speak anymore than a chair can. It is an inanimate thing.

? is the creator of all reality, in the bible ? has emotions. Christians define what the word ? or spirit means in their religion, the word spirit has many different meanings and connotations. Who the ? are you to decide what the correct definitions are for a religion that you do no believe in or respect in the first place???? ONCE AGAIN the arrogance of a devil in upon you repent and throw away your ignorance.

• soul rattler
    Options

? is the creator of all reality, in the bible ? has emotions. Christians define what the word ? or spirit means in their religion, the word spirit has many different meanings and connotations. Who the ? are you to decide what the correct definitions are for a religion that you do no believe in or respect in the first place???? ONCE AGAIN the arrogance of a devil in upon you repent and throw away your ignorance.

I've not disrespected you once in this thread, yet here you are name calling and assuming more about my position than what I have revealed. Is this what they've taught you in the school of Christian evangelical thought? "If you can't get them to join you, beat them"?

Tell me. What is a devil?
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

I've not disrespected you once in this thread, yet here you are name calling and assuming more about my position than what I have revealed. Is this what they've taught you in the school of Christian evangelical thought? "If you can't get them to join you, beat them"?

Tell me. What is a devil?

You did not disrespect me you disrespect the religion so indirectly you disrespected me because i am a follower of that religion. Once again you are playing with words

A "devil" is a servant of evil, one who opposes ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If fear isn't a factor why is divine punishment such a prominent feature of monotheism?

'don't you want to go to heaven?'

It's not discipline, it's just a desire to chase a reward and avoid a punishment
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    If fear isn't a factor why is divine punishment such a prominent feature of monotheism?

It's not discipline, it's just a desire to chase a reward and avoid a punishment

Exactly. Notice the Bible never says "Don't want to believe Jesus is the savior or don't believe in one ? ? ? loves and respects you so much he won't hold it against you".

Instead, the ? Abrahamic ? says he'll send you to hell for having a different opinion lol. If the Bible ? is real, I'd say to his face suck my ? and ? you. I'd rather worship Satan then the Bible ? . At least Satan in the Bible is a being of spreading knowledge and freedom. The Bible ? , if real, needs to be destroyed and thankfully it seems to be dead already. Not that it ever existed of course, hallelujah to that

6.jpg

11.jpg
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options

divine punishment is a feature of the abrahamic religion because gods perfection is a feature of these religions therefore there must be punishment for all sin. ? does not give us a spirit of fear but of boldness so no christian that has grown beyond the baby phase serves ? totally out of fear Fear of ? is love for self and mankind and beside cowards are also thrown into the lake of fire.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ^^^ I can't stop laughing at that, I'm gonna get fired
  • zombie
    Options
    I find the hate for ? shown by atheist swine to be laughable you claim he does not exist yet spend so much time thinking up ways to disrespect him. ATHEIST like that have my pity the hate must be burning in your chest like a ? volcano, hopefully you'll have your road to Damascus moment one day
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I'm not atheist lol I just think the Bible ? is a ? who deserves to be mocked.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And this what happens when the white man gets a hold of a book that wasn't meant from him and change the words, study the ancient Hebrew tongue and learn how to read Hebrew
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10398076_641023975990064_257203604382299322_n.jpg

This is the most ignorant ? from you yet, now who's the fool, you look like a fool by posting false images and false claims, you is as wicked as the lie, you have no accountability for truth, you Live a lie and an undisciplined life
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    10398076_641023975990064_257203604382299322_n.jpg

This is the most ignorant ? from you yet, now who's the fool, you look like a fool by posting false images and false claims, you is as wicked as the lie, you have no accountability for truth, you Live a lie and an undisciplined life

Well, Jesus is more then welcome to come back to Earth and prove all that wrong. He did say he would come back quickly, so maybe there's hope.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

divine punishment is a feature of the abrahamic religion because gods perfection is a feature of these religions therefore there must be punishment for all sin. ? does not give us a spirit of fear but of boldness so no christian that has grown beyond the baby phase serves ? totally out of fear Fear of ? is love for self and mankind and beside cowards are also thrown into the lake of fire.

Proverbs
    The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
    For by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.

you did not show that there is not an aspect of fear to religious devotion
    and even said that people do it for themselves, which is just them chasing a reward

that is not doing what people do not want and does not fit your definition of discipline