You know how people always be saying "lightskinned brothas coming back in style?"...

Options
124»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still seperating ourselves by skintone in 2014. Smh nothing new 2 see here

There is such a thing as light-skin privilege, just as there is such a thing as white privilege. Recognizing and fighting it is no more "separating ourselves by skintone" than is recognizing and fighting white privilege is separating ourselves by race.

Got it now?

Nobody is in here fighting anything or talking about fighting it

This is all stupid assumptions and foolish perceptions based on skin
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

There is such a thing as light-skin privilege, just as there is such a thing as white privilege. Recognizing and fighting it is no more "separating ourselves by skintone" than is recognizing and fighting white privilege is separating ourselves by race.

Got it now?

So what you're saying is that ppl for the most part don't generally put lighter skin over darker skin?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think I said anything about that at all

and what people are you talking about in gerneral ?
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark butts>>>>
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Got it now?

So what you're saying is that ppl for the most part don't generally put lighter skin over darker skin?

I don't know where you get your info from or where you live, but I live in ? red state Ohio and my yellow ass has dealt with racism my entire life. And I know I'm not the only one.

So what are you and ? like you inferring? We're all still ? in their eyes. Only difference is I choose not to fall victim to ignorance and I'll never play the victim.

You and your like minded cohorts need to pull your head outta your ? .

Light vs. Dark is ? ? ? .

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This vvvvvvvv >>>>>>
    amZyInc.jpg
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Got it now?

I don't know where you get your info from or where you live, but I live in ? red state Ohio and my yellow ass has dealt with racism my entire life. And I know I'm not the only one.

So what are you and ? like you inferring? We're all still ? in their eyes. Only difference is I choose not to fall victim to ignorance and I'll never play the victim.

You and your like minded cohorts need to pull your head outta your ? .

Light vs. Dark is ? ? ? .

What I am saying is that many black people (like most people of other races) put light skin over dark skin, thereby creating light skin privilege. Saying that light skin privilege exists is not the same as saying that lighter-skinned people are not discriminated against.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    This vvvvvvvv >>>>>>
    amZyInc.jpg

This chick would be considered too dark by most of these dudes.

And she may not have long hair.

Look at what they said about Lupita.